CHAPTER TWELVE

When Zahra learned about imprinting, she couldn't explain the contentment that was taking over her emotions

When Zahra learned about imprinting, she couldn't explain the contentment that was taking over her emotions. She and Quil were soulmates and it was not a destiny that was set unless they wanted it which they did.

Though, Quil understood that there wouldn't be much intimacy between the pair for a while, especially since Zahra didn't understand it. For her, intimacy through her kind was much different.

Humans and mermaids had a different explanation for romance interaction. A hand on the cheek was the most intimacy that they had done. Childbearing was all magic-and there was nothing of the sort in lovemaking. It was all just through the eyes and soul.

When Zahra had expressed that information, it only made Quil know that it will all be worth the wait. He was going to be her first for everything and he was jumping for excitement at the thought. He had no bone in his body to ever take advantage of the situation, so he was going to cherish the moment in the slowest pace possible.

"Quil, why do humans kiss?" Zahra had asked Quil who was just finished with doing his schoolwork froze in place at her question. He cursed silently to Jared and Paul knowing full well that they were the ones that put that idea in her head. He knew he couldn't control what she learned, but he was still not fully prepared to answer some questions.

"Well" He cleared his throat sitting straight on the floor across Zahra who was on the couch hugging a pillow," It's an action that can mean a few things, Zahra. Sometimes people kiss because they care deeply about the other person or-they kiss just for the fun of it"

Zahra furrowed her brows at the last part," I don't understand why a gesture that was for affection can also be fun"

"Honestly" He chuckled," It's just one of the many things that just ended up happening. The same goes for a lot of other emotions. Some can be genuine and some can be entirely just for no reason whatsoever"

Zahra nodded and lowered the pillow on the couch. While Quil had turned back to fixing his school bag, he was caught off guard to a pair of soft lips placed on his cheek. He didn't pull back but instead just watched Zahra who was smiling.

"What was that for?" He asked barely a whisper lifting his hand to his cheek. He was flustered but he tried his hardest to hide it.

"I really care about you Quil, and I want you to know that I'll never kiss you for fun" His throat hitched at her words, feeling his eyes sting. He couldn't believe just how precious Zahra was and he was so damn glad that she was his soulmate.

He couldn't ask for anyone else ever.

Quil grabbed Zahra's hand moderately and interlocked their fingers. He leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead," As well with me Zahra, all my kisses will be because I care deeply about you"

AN:
my first chapter dedications ever;
--mikaelson, bloodsucccaX
(you should check out their works!)