CHAPTER FIVE

Quil could already feel the pain of just being away from Zahra for a few hours

He was reluctant to go to school or even leave Emily and Sam's place for the matter. He even literally had to be dragged out by Embry and Jacob.

Zahrasephenia-or Zahra for short: courtesy to Quil for shortening it was left in the care of Emily and Sam. However, she was not comfortable with them, so she had kept herself in her own room. She needed Quil around to make her relaxed with anyone and she was feeling temperamental that he had to leave.

So, when Quil had rushed to the home-she wouldn't face him as she continued to pout in the corner. He knew not to push her, so he stayed in the other end of the room near the door, that Emily would frequently open to check in on them.

"She's still not talking?" Emily whispered lowly to Quil who just shook his head not removing her eyes from Zahra," Well, I cooked something for you both-hopefully she'll eat"

"Thanks, Em" She smiled feeling contented and left him to hopefully have Zahra out from her corner.

"Zahra," He said softly," Em cooked something for you, don't you want to eat?" With her back turned on him, she pursed her lips at the idea of food-but she was determined to stay mad at Quil as long as she could.

"Aren't you hungry?" He tried again and she profusely shook her head. Although, just on cue her stomach growled loudly making him snicker hearing it fill the silent room.

"I guess I'll just eat it all then" He teased making the mermaid gasp and turn around in worry.

"There she is" He instantly smiled feeling relieved that worked.

"I'm mad at you" She mumbled," But I do like Emily's cooking-it's..." She trailed off now knowing the proper word

"Delicious?" He asked and Zahra looked at him," What does that mean?"

"Another term for tasting good"

"Delicious" She repeated

"I'm sorry I had to leave Zahra-I would have done anything to stay, but I need to go to school" Quil walked over with the tray of food sitting on the bed.

"Why do you need to go to school...whatever that means" She opened her mouth as he fed her a spoon of rice-since she was not used to eating with utensils at all and still didn't have a hang of it. She even used a fork as a comb, just like Ariel had in the little mermaid, and Quil didn't have a bone in his body to tell her that was not how to use it, so he just let it go.

Also, he found it absolutely adorable.

"It's a place we go to learn and educate ourselves with history and laws-frankly, I think it's just a main place that the adults put us in so they don't have to be around us all the time" He explained with adding a little joke in the end.

"Are humans that cruel?" Her eyes widened and gawked which making him chuckle.

"It was a joke; you remember what that is?"

She nodded answering "Something funny"

"Yeah, you're getting the hang of it, Zahra" She smiled at him as she continued to eat. She ended up asking him a bunch of questions as usual, and Quil happily obliged in answering her.

He was glad Sam was not pushing him to ask Zahra what happened to her. In fact, the alpha was giving him all the time to make her feel welcomed and comfortable.

As for the pack, they chose to also respect the decision and not force her in any way.

They all understood how it felt being suddenly thrown in a world they didn't even know existed.