CHAPTER SEVEN

When Quil returned with Embry and Jacob from patrol, he was in it for a surprise the moment he walked into the house

When Quil returned with Embry and Jacob from patrol, he was in it for a surprise the moment he walked into the house. He was sure his eyes were deceiving him for a second.

Zahra had quickly run out of the kitchen-well not without stumbling a bit, and ran making her way over to Quil. Though, she tripped the last second before reaching him falling straight into his chest.

He chuckled holding her and before he could speak, she had leaned back beaming at him," Quil! Emily taught me how to cook and then she taught me all kinds of foods that I can make and-"

Embry and Jacob both stood at the door just watching their friend holding Zahra as she kept talking. To them, it was new since they hardly ever hear her speak.

Once Quil knew she was done talking, he took his chance to speak," That's great Zahra, it also seems you're getting a hang of using your legs"

She scrunched her nose and shook her head," Not really, I still don't have control on it-I don't even know how I used them like that earlier-how fast can they go?"

Jacob snorted at her words and stepped forward," That's what you call running" It surprised him that Zahra didn't recoil back like she usually did, but instead looked at him normally. Quil, on the other hand, only just felt proud of how much progress she was having.

"Running?" She peaked with interest

Embry now walked over slowly seeing how Zahra didn't get scared of Jacob," It's one way to get to places faster"

"Oh" Her eyes widened making her looked up to Quil," Can you teach me how to run Quil? I like it"

"Of course, Zahra" He responded making her smile grow

"We can all teach you, Zahra" Jacob stated

Zahra looked at Quil like she was asking if it was okay, and it caused him to chuckle," Only if you're comfortable with it"

She looked down and gave it thought and replayed her words of trying harder. She slowly peered her head up and a small smile formed on her lips," Okay"

"So-will you be joining us eating now?" Embry questioned

"Yeah" Her eyes then fell onto Quil's," I want to keep trying new things"

"That's the spirit, Zahra" Emily walked towards them," You'll really enjoy the silly things the boys always have to say during meals"

Zahra smiled and turned to look at each of them, "I'd like that very much"