Seperated

JEROMES POV

"Alright, let's see what we have here."

Let's face it, I have no clue what I'm doing. I thought it would be to push whatever button looked promising or I hoped for a sign that said "GIANT IRON DOOR" or something!

But there were multiple buttons that looked like they did important things. Red buttons, blue, green, yellow.

I just oped to push a bunch of them and hoped something opened the door. Hey, I never said I was smart. Or had very good common sense.

But hey, one of them had to open the door so why not? I pushed random buttons. From the tv screens, I could see a multitude of things happening.

Lights in different rooms turned on and off, machines went haywire, and a bunch of "data deleted" messages came up on screen.

I hope I messed with something important and mess their army up like they messed with ours.

"Well, at least I get to jank with their stuff while I'm doing this." I muttered to myself, pushing a random blue button.

Finally, the iron door in one of the screens gave a creak and it slowly started opening. I grinned. "There we go. I'm in my way, Biggums."

And with that, I made my way through the maze like hallways, taking turn after turn. I just wanted to get out of there. I was so tired of the smell of squids.

I had to hack my way through a few squids but not once did I run into a group of armed squids, which was weird.

Wherever the groups of armed squids are, it's not in the base. I don't know if I should be happy about that or scared of what it could mean.

After many minutes of angry confusion and a dulling sword, I realized something. I had absolutely no clue where I was going.
-------
JASONS POV

After the door opened, we were on guard to fight any squid that might've been waiting on the other side, but no. Nothing was guarding the door.

"Huh, well that's weird." Ty said. "Why aren't there any squids in these halls?" He asked. We looked around.

Mitch lowered his sword. "Well, on our way over here, we didn't see much squids. There were some groups of armed squids going around but not much are roaming the halls." He said.

I thought for a second. "That must mean they have something bigger to worry about if they don't even bother on guarding the place." I said.

Ty's jaw set. "Meaning we might have something bigger on our hands." I nodded. "Let's hope it doesn't stop us from getting home." I said.

We seriously can't afford to be caught up in something else right now. We need to get back to the base.

We walked down the halls, careful not to make much noise. Ty was obviously getting annoyed from the lack of rush of getting home.

"Come on man, I want to get back to Sky!" He exclaimed. I could tell his patience was wearing thin.

Mine would be too if I needed to save the love of my life from being swoon by the very man that framed me and gave me away to squids.

I shook my head, thinking to myself how messed up the last few days have been.

Man, this could make for some really bad fanfic with a lot of plot holes and complications made up last minute. (A/N: I can feel the wall slowly crumbling...)

"We need to find Jerome. He's roaming around somewhere." Mitch said. "Is it only you two here?" Ty asked. Mitch nodded.

"Yeah. But we got separated by that big iron door so he went to open it." Mitch explained.

"That's not good. This place looks like a maze. It's easy to get lost." I said. The halls had no reason or rhyme whatsoever. I guess squid architects are stupid too.

"Yeah, so let's try to stick together." Mitch said.

Just then the world took a tailspin and, with a loud crack in the back of my skull, I was out.

'Why do I keep getting into trouble?'
--------
(A/N: Let's just NOT mention the cliff hanger there....)