Reunion

TYS POV

Me and Mitch whipped our heads around when we heard a crack and a thud. Jason, who was trailing behind us, fell to the floor. Two angry-looking squids stood behind him, collecting his unconscious body.

"Hey!" Me and Mitch shouted in unison. Mitch raised his sword to threaten them but they had weapons of their own.

"I'll take him back to the cage. But these two are too troublesome." One squid said, glancing at me and Mitch. "Take no other prisoner."

The squid with Jason swam away while the other glared at us, tight grip on it's sword. I grit my teeth. Great, just what we needed.
-----
JEROMES POV

"HYAA!" I shouted, slicing through another squid. There were more and more popping up around the halls. I needed to find Mitch and get the hell out.

I rushed down another hallway. Before I turned the corner, I stopped and listened for any more squids. There was a clamor of deep voices.

"....-King.....-dead?!"

".... Can't trust.... Attack."

"Intruders-.... Kill."

They all sounded panicked and I took no mind as to what they were saying. There must've been 3 there. Easy take down. I raised my sword high, ready to attack.

I creeped around the corner and at the first sign of squid, I stopped mid-swing when I saw a heap of familiar blue. One squid had Jason, out cold and somehow not drowning.

The thought occurred that Mitch must've gave him an extra potion of Water Breathing. But if Mitch found him, where is Mitch now?

"It's an intruder!" One larger squid stated. "It's an officer of the Sky Army! Kill him!" The one that held Jason ordered. I nearly gave a chuckle. This should be easy.

Screeching echoed throughout the hall as two I attacked disintegrated. Panting heavily, I turned my blade to the last one. Jason was laid against the wall behind me.

It was a smaller squid, shaking with fear. I stepped towards it. "W-wait!" It cried. "Stop! Please!"

This is the first squid that said anything other than "Hey" "what's going on" or "Foolish humans." I stopped in my path but didn't waver. "I have something to tell you!" It said.

"What?" I spat. The squid sighed in relief, seeing I wasn't going to waste it. Yet. "Thank you!" It breathed out bubbles.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now." I growled. I never really had such a hatred for squids but since the incident with Ty, they really got on my nerves.

Especially since I've been slashing them almost nonstop for a good portion of an entire hour. The smell was a real head ache too.

"B-because.... Because I have valuable information for you! And it involves a certain traitor!" It stated. I was itching to swing my sword. "What about Ty?" I asked.

The squid regained it's composure. "No, the REAL traitor. Deadlox was just a fallout. Your base has been housing him, while Deadlox has been caged up." My eyes widened.

"W-wha?" I felt my grip loosen but I quickly regained it. "And why should a believe a word you say?" I threatened. He was probably trying to worm out of my way.

The squid looked at me with sad, derpy eyes. "The king is dead. I witnessed it. The war is coming to an end. That much is obvious. What more do I have to lose by telling you the truth?"

::Le Time Skip o' Brotato::

I watched the squid I let free swam away to hide. I stood there, trying to let the information settle in. 'The mute one, he killed the king. HE planned for Deadlox's capture.' The mute one.... It's Sub.

Sub, who so easily pinned the blame on Ty. Who has been itching to spend as much time with Sky as possible. The guy who nobody would suspect. He was right under our noses.

Sub isn't on anyone's side. Not ours, not the squids. He's just doing whatever he can to get Sky and cover his tracks. How could we not even suspect a thing?!

I heard rustling behind me. Jason was waking up. I kneeled next to him, shaking him a bit. "Hey buddy, let's get a move on. We need to find Mitch. Quick."

The second his eyes opened, he snapped to attention. "J-Jerome." He breathed. "T-Ty is- he isn't-" he sputtered, gripping my shoulder.

"Hey, hey, calm down Jason! Wake up before you explain." I said, prying him off. We got to our feet, him stumbling a bit. "But there's something I need to tell you!"

"Don't worry, I already know what Sub did. He framed Ty. Now let's go before Sub does something else to hurt Sky!" I said, grabbing his arm and leading him farther down the hall.

"He isn't going to. He's in love with Sky. That's what all this has been about in the first place!" Jason explained. "What?! That's his motive? Wow, someone's obsessed..."

Jason nodded. "Tell me about it." He sighed. "And he's hiding something else too. In the top drawer of his office. That's why he threw me in here too, I almost saw it."

"Let's worry about getting out first Jason." I said. He nodded. A couple minutes passed of us walking in silence.

"Hey!" Jason suddenly shouted, pointing behind us. When I looked, I saw Mitch and Ty walk into the same hall as us from an intersecting hall, not noticing until I shouted "BIGGUMS!"

Mitch's head snapped our direction. "Hey! There you are Biggums!" He called. Him and Ty rushed towards us. I looked at Ty, feeling weird for having such a hatred for him only minutes before.

"I'm guessing Jason filled you in on everything?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah. I hate to cut the reunion short, Ty, but I personally want to get the hell out of here." I said.

He chuckled a bit. "You're telling me. Try being stuck in here for a few days. Not fun." He said. "So... who knows the way out?"

::More Skittle Time Skip::

Our heads breached the surface right on time. I took a huge gulp of fresh air. The potion was starting to wear off. I saw everyone else's heads pop out of the water.

"Everyone here? Good." Mitch said, swimming back to shore. Once we were all there, Ty looked around. "Man, I never thought I'd miss land so much." He sighed.

"Yeah. But we should sight see later. Let's get back to the base." Jason suggested. We all agreed. Seeing as the base was only a few chunks away, we took off sprinting.

I glanced at Ty, who was running right next to me. Pure determination was plastered on his face. He really couldn't wait another moment to get back and prove himself.

To get Sky back, even though he must hate him. I can't believe how in love he was. 'This better have a happy ending.' I thought.

The moon was slowly rising. The base lights were visible up ahead.
------
(A/N: Only a couple more chapters guys. Yay or nay??)