Don't Give Up Hope

TYS POV

We all stood there, stunned. Even Seto, who seemed to have been expecting it before for some reason. Sub actually talked. He TALKED.

His voice was hoarse since he probably hasn't used it in years. And it sounded like one of a choir boy, frail, dare I say that was the only comparison I could make.

I stared at Sub as tears rushed down his hot cheeks. He sobbed and repeated it. "Because I love you.... Love... L-love, I just love you Sky." He said over and over again.

Sky was visibly shaking at his words. His fists clenched. "Y-you... No. No!" He yelled, backing into me. I held him as a signal to stop.

Sky was breathing hard, close to hyperventilating. He shook his head and swallowed hard, trying to calm himself. What was going on with him?

"T-that's not a good reason Sub! Do you even comprehend the damage you've done?!" He asked. Sub nodded. "I do... I do..." He breathed. "But I did it because I wanted to be with you."

I narrowed my eyes angrily at him. I don't even know what else to say, other than that Sub was a total dick.

I wanted to finish it all. I wanted to make sure Sky was safe and the only way to do that was to finish what Sub started.

"Sub," I growled,"Whatever made you think that you would get away with this wasn't the most sane of things, was it? You're just crazy."

Sub instantly got angry again. "I'm not crazy! I'm not crazy..." He half sobbed, half shouted. "I just wanted what you had. I just wanted Sky. Nothing else had mattered. I just wanted Sky! And if I can't have him..."

I looked down at Sky when I felt him clench onto my sleeve. His injuries must've been acting up due to all the stress he's been going through.

"Seto," I said. "I can tell Sky's hurting. Take him back to his room and I'll deal with this, alright?"

Seto gave a nod and gently pulled Sky from me. "And how do you propose you deal with this? What are you going to do?" He asked carefully.

Sky eyed me too. "Ty, what are you going to do?" He asked. He probably knew what I had in mind and was scared. Looking at Sub, he probably wanted the same thing too.

"Sub." I said, stepping towards him and keeping my sword close. "Do you know what's going to happen next?"

Sub wiped his face angrily and nodded. "I do. And if we're on the same page, then I'm not going to back down." He cleared his voice. He raised his sword.

There was no one in between us to stop any violence or anger. The air suddenly seemed tense between us as we stared each other down.

Swords pointed and tension rising, I swallowed all fears. I was going to protect Sky. I was going to do this for him. Sub seemed to be going after the exact same thing.

"Deadlox." Sub said, his voice clear, "Fight me. One last battle. The winner decides the fate of the other."

"You mean if I win, I can kill you if I wanted?" I asked, teeth grit. That sounded damn tempting.

Sub nodded. "And the same for me. I think it's obvious who's going to win though." He said. His sudden mood swing had turned to determination. An animalistic instinct seemed to burn in his icy green eyes.

I thought a moment. I was going to win. I nodded. "I accept then. I hope you're not afraid of death Sub."

Sub gave a scoff. "The only thing I am scared of, Deadlox, is letting Sky spend his days with someone so unworthy like you." He got in a fighting stance.

I was ready to start swinging my worn out sword when Seto's voice cut right through the tense air. "Um, yeah, no. Don't fight in my enchantment room." He plainly said.

Sky looked at him wide eyed. "Really Seto? They're ready to fight to the death and you're worried about the location?" He asked in disbelief.

Sub cocked his head to the side int thought. "Fine, magic man," he said, "We'll take it somewhere else."

The second I was caught off guard, I was suddenly charged into and pushed backwards. I blindly reached out to grab something to stop me from falling to the ground.

My arm hit something and I heard clattering but everything turned to black before I could find out what was going on.

Suddenly Subs body weight fell off me and my back hit the hard ground with a thud. I opened my eyes to see more black. It was a complete void.

I pushed myself to my feet quickly, making sure I still had my sword. I hardly recognized the material I was standing on since I had only seen it in books.

I was standing on End Stone. We were in the End. I found Sub standing only a few feet in front of me, glaring at me with all the hate of the devil himself.

Turns out what I had knocked over on the way down was a shelf of tools. Picks and shovels off all different kinds laid scattered on the ground. But those weren't important.

"Sub." I said after regaining my composure. "We don't have to do this, you know. Just take your punishment like a man. No one else needs to die."

But a slightly crazed smile cracked into his face. "That's where you're wrong, Deadlox. You should've died a long time ago."

Suddenly the sound of his feet blasting off the ground filled my senses and I raised my sword as a defense. Game time.
-------
SKYS POV

"TY!" I yelled, going to follow the two into the End Portal. But Seto grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "Sky, no!"

I pulled against him even though it hurt to move so much. "I have to see if Ty's okay!" I said, reaching out to the portal separating me and the man I love.

I just got him back. I don't know what I would do if he got hurt or killed. I'd probably just give up.

Seto held me back and turned me to face him sternly. "Listen! It's too dangerous to follow! You've read the stories, we don't know if they'll even make it back! The only person to ever get back from the End alive was Notch, and even he almost died! None of us are going!" He scolded.

I sniffled. So Ty might not make it back? What are the chances of either of them coming back? My knees felt weak. I could've very much lost Ty already.

"Seto." I breathed. "I can't stand anymore of this." I stumbled to a wall and slid down to the floor. I felt emotionally spent. I stared at the glow of the portal.

I didn't even realize I was crying until Seto knelt next to me and wiped the tears off my cheeks. "I'm sorry Sky. Let's stay positive. This is Ty, after all. He'll pull through." He softly said.

I pulled my knees into my chest. "How do you know? You said it yourself, he's as good as gone." I sniffled. Seto gave a sad smile.

"Well, I don't know really. But I do know that his love for you is just that strong. Don't give up hope with him. He came back once, he can do it again."
-------
(A/N: I think I can finish this book by the end of the weekend actually....)