Epilogue (Part 1)

This was it.

This was his ever after.

Castiel stood over the clouds he had once attempted to take his life. He stood there, wings held mighty behind him.

He thought of now. His journey with these Winchesters - the hunting and fighting heaven.

His father had told him his purpose, and even though on being absent, he still at the end fulfilled his promise.

Now Dean ruled Hell, the way it should be. All souls that were to be damned passed by him, no more deals no more cheating.

Sam controlled the monsters population down below. Slowly, he build his life with Amelia who gave him his second chance. He had a golden retriever, just like Bones. Even after insisting to Dean he would not under any circumstances take one of the Hell Hounds Dean promised would take care of anything that went bumpin' through the night.

He remembered watching both of them. Sam died of old age, just like Dean wanted him too. And after the piece treaty with Hell, Dean was allowed to come visit his family. He could visit Cas.

But Castiel declined the offer to rule heaven. He was now a soldier, not a leader. Though when any decision was to be taken, they always consulted him; just a ordinary seraph making Heavens decisions. The thought alone sounded like a bad joke that would be told back when he was just a fledgling. Though sometimes stories managed to become reality.

/Sometimes./

But here, how he was. He seemed content.

He had been standing when the familiar sound of engines behind him. But could it be? No he had to be dreaming, just a cruel sick joke.

The whooshing came to a halt while Castiel let out a shaky breath.

Slowly he turned around, not knowing what to expect.

Though there, hands in pockets leaning against that little blue box stood a man. He didnt look like the doctor he had met - taller and less serious. Though from the other end of the universe, Castiel could recognize those two heart beats anywhere.

"I know, different face. Sometimes different mind - It happens."

He remained speechless.

"How are you." The doctor continued. "Hows my favorite angel hanging in there?"

A feather light smile spread across Castiels features. Different body, but same old doctor.

"As fine as I could ever be."

A glint of something was in the doctors eyes. Something he wasnt telling me.

"And hows Rose? Did she ever get to meet that man.. the one she spoke of."

"Oh! John Lennon? Ahh yes.. He even let her wear the glasses!!" His laugh soon became softer, and so his eyes. He looked at the floor longingly.

Worry spread through Castiel, and he knew it was rude but he had to ask.

"Is she alright? I mean, is she happy?"

Without missing a beat the doctor responded. "Yes! Yes.. Shes in, well peace. Shes very much alive if thats what you were asking."

A wave of relief fell over him, though he still wondered why the doctor had came. Because everyone in this universe or the next knew, that where the doctor was, there was trouble.

"Why are you here doctor? I mean it not as if I am not happy to see you but-"

"Oh stop it old fella." He chuckled. "No ones ever happy to see me." He looked down again, "Do you.. Do you remember?" He asked.