Chapter 22

Her hair had only been the start. New gowns were needed as were gloves, reticules, jewelry, all manner of intimate apparel, and more gowns.

It's the 24th of July, on a Friday morning around 10:30. Heather's hair was styled so was her wedding dress and makeup. They had chosen a pretty pink lace skater dress for the bride's maids.

After fixing her hair and makeup, a few mimosas, and light lunch, it was time to put on her dress. She was completely in love with her wedding dress and for the fact that she was getting married to Ezra. It was actually the first dress she tried on and it brought her to tears the moment she stepped out of the dressing room in it. Funny enough, she didn't even choose it. Emma picked it out and urged her to try it on. She liked the fact that it was made in Canada.

After some help from Emma, she emerged from her bedroom in her wedding dress and headed back downstairs to show her bridesmaids eventually one of them was missing. Out of all three, she couldn't see Britney. She can't let her wedding go wrong because one bridesmaid was missing. She knows Ezra doesn't want her to invite Emma but she doesn't have a choice.

Emma on the other hand does not know her husband is Ezra. She was on a lemon short jumpsuit and she wore black lace sandals to top it up. Emma looked at the bridesmaids and asked. "Why isn't Britney here yet? Is everything okay?"

One of the bridesmaids answered. "Yes, she is fine but I don't think she can make it to the wedding Heather. Today is her son's sports day and she needs to be there."

Heather looked at Ivory "How could she do this to me? She knows how important today was for me... she has always fucked up since high school... even though you three are my best friend; she's the only one that's always absent in everything or anywhere we went to." She sat on the sofa. "Now, I don't know who's gonna replace her. How will I find a bridesmaid at this last minute?"

"What about Miss Facer?" Selena suggested.

"No, I don't think that's a good idea... I've stressed her enough." Heather shakes her head in disapproving of Selena's suggestion. "The HIBS has always been together and now Britney isn't here today."

"It's okay Heather, we are friends remember? I can replace Britney at the wedding." She raised her brows "By the way, what is HIBS?"

Selena looked at her two best friends. "I will take it from here girls_ HIBS means Heather, Ivory, Britney, Selena, and now that you are gonna be replacing Britney Today then it will be HISE...As in you are the E." she giggled.

"Oh, I get," Emma replied and picked up the pink lace skater dress. She went to the room and put it on. She was gorgeous in it and it was revealing her back to her waist. It even has an opening on the leg left side of the dress. She came down and they could see how good she was in the dress. Heather has always known she was good in any dress.

"Whoa, Miss Facer, you are looking gorgeous." Ivory smiled.

Heather decided to wear a veil with some lace details on the edge; she also wore gold hair clips. She fell in love with the silver drop earrings. Since her wedding was a vintage theme, she knew she wanted to wear the sliver heels she thought Ezra bought for her.

Before the wedding, Ezra waits in the back of the church with the clergy member for the ceremony to begin. Heather waits out of sight. The usher seated guests as they arrived. The groomsmen seat the immediate family member of the bride and groom after the guests.

The mothers of the groom and bride were seated. The bridesmaids and groomsmen gather in the back of the wedding place.

Once the ceremony begins, Professional music signals the start of the wedding. As the professional's music begins, the officials and Ezra took their places on the altar. Then the wedding party lineup then starts down the aisle. The groomsmen and bridesmaids also walked down the aisle, one pair at a time.

Upon reaching the alter, groomsmen and bridesmaids, parted and took their places on the appropriate side of the alter. Ezra didn't notice one of Heather's bridesmaids was Emma and Emma was looking down as she walked down the aisle. Then the best man and maid of honor walk down the aisle. The ring bearer proceeds down the aisle.

The wedding march begins playing. The guests stand and turn to the back as the bride enters the doorway and was greeted by her father, who walks her down the aisle to 'give her away.' Ezra approaches the pair and took Heather's hand. Emma finally saw him and stood in shock. The man she loves with another woman? Tears weren't far from her eyes. The bride's father was seated next to his wife and the ceremony begins.

The pastor said, "Whoever is against this wedding should speak now or forever hold your peace." There was silence. "So no one." He added and asked the ring bearer to bring the ring and he asked them to state their vows and wears the ring. Emma couldn't stand the fact of him getting married to another person.

He finally looked in that direction and saw her... what he fairs the most came in a seconds. He stood there and stared at her. People almost noticed what was going on but he looked away then the pastor said "You may now kiss the bride." At first, he hesitated and Heather could see the hesitation but for him not to make anyone suspicious, he kissed her and tears finally fell from Emma's face. She couldn't watch as their kiss got deeper. The people clapped and Heather was happy that the wedding was as she wanted it to be and thanks to Emma for that.

Once the wedding ceremony has been completed, the bride and groom were introduced to the guests as husband and wife. The bridesmaids and groomsmen meet at the center of the alter then turn and walk arm and arm out of the church. The members of the wedding party have exited, and the family members follow. After the family exited, the guests leave the church and everyone proceeds to the location of the wedding reception.

***

During this time, the couple went to a remote location to take their photo. The guests are slowly exiting and moving their way to the reception location. The cocktail hour was a great time to have the guest mingle, eat and wind down before the party started.

The bride and groom were arriving from the photo session and preparing to enter the venue as newlyweds. Guests were seated. No food is served during this time but the DJ was creating the perfect ambiance for the bride and groom's entrance.
After the grand entrance, the couples are now the center of attention. The bride and groom are seated at the head table. As the DJ slows down the music a bit, the bride and groom cut the cake.

Everyone finally got on the dance floor including the bridesmaid and groomsmen. One of Ezra's groomsmen took Emma to the dance floor and placed his hand on the small of her open back. Ezra could see the way Ronny's hand was roaming down Emma's back and that got him really angry. He couldn't take it anymore. He just sat down and clutched his hand.

Heather stood up and was ready to throw her bouquet. The three bridesmaids stood as she threw it. Nobody caught it the first and second time but when she threw it again... The flower dropped on Emma's hand. She opened her eyes in shock. She was tongue-tied and her leg was getting weak. She then ran outside with the flower. Ezra stood up as if he wanted to go for an important business. He saw Emma at the car park bending down. "Are you okay?" he asked as he touched her shoulder. She removed it immediately and replied. "Yes, I am." She stood up and walked away from him but he held her hand.

"I love you." He knew it was too late but he said it anyway. "I love you." He repeated.

She looked at him "Are you crazy? You are married to my boss... how could you say that to me?" She jerked her hand away from him.

"Getting married to her was my parent's choice."

"And you couldn't oppose to it?"

"No, I couldn't... I had no choice." He looked at her and smiled.

"What!" She frowned.

"You look pretty tonight... and You can't let anybody touch you anyhow."

"You don't own me, Mr. Queen. I can do whatever I want with my body." She walks away after saying that.