Chapter 18

"When did this come?" Heather asked the question to Emma. It was a warped box. All the while fairly uncertain who had sent the big box and what was in there anyway?

"Late yesterday, when you went home...but the receptionist told me to give you this morning," Emma said as she opened the box. There was a note. She opened it and read it out loud so Heather could hear what was in it and what it says. 'Dear gumdrops, just being around you gives me happiness that no one else could ever give me. You have given me a love that I had never known before. I love being with you and cannot imagine a world without you in it. Each morning, I wake up and thank God that you have been a part of my life. I just cannot find the words to tell you how happy I am that we met and got together. I promise that I will always love you and keep you in my heart. I will be there for you whenever you need me and will love you no matter where life ends up and takes us.' Emma looked at her and smiled then continued. 'You are my soul mate; I cannot exist without you by me. I love you b. your Sincerely E.Q.'

"Aww, I can't believe he sent me a letter but what's with the initials?"

"Wow, Your fiancé is romantic but what's with the initials?" Emma shook her head and threw up her hands in exasperation. E.Q, what the fuck was that?

"Anyways just bring out what's in the box," Heather commanded.

Emma looked inside the box again and this time she brought out a sliver of pencil heels. She gasped. There was a note on it and it says 'it's my first wedding gift to you.'

Emma took the heels to Heather's table, well Heather was pretty shocked too but she loved it. Tears sprang to her eyes. "I told you ... you are the lucky one." Emma smiled. "So, when do we start the preparation for your wedding?" Emma asked.

"Now... We are starting now."

"It's now?" okay, Emm, don't panic... you can do it. She encouraged herself.

"Yes... and call the wedding planner."

"Right away..." after calling the wedding planner, she brought out a pen and notepad and started jotting. "Where will you like to do your wedding? Do you prefer the church wedding?"

"No, I don't," Heather answered.

"What about a beach wedding?" Emma asked again.

"No."

"For a city wedding: You can choose Tribeca Rooftop, New York City."

"On a rooftop? I can't have my wedding on rooftops... I am rich." She rolled her eyes.

"What about Riu Cancun Mexico? I heard it's fancy and nice."

"It's too cheap... I hate cheap things." She hissed.    

Will you decide already woman? I'm fucking tired of this shit. "For an intimate wedding: Helena Bay Lodge, New Zealand."

"I can't do an intimate wedding because the press has to be there." She looked and Emma and sighed. "I know you are tired because I'm too picky but I want something big but not too big... something fancy and beautiful... something perfect not almost but perfect"

You are not wrong. I am tired of you being picky but I just have to endure for the money. "What about for big weddings: Intercontinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort, Vietnam."

"Close enough..." she said and swing her hair.

"All right Miss Bricks, this is the last on my list and I'm sure you will love it."

"What is it?" Heather asked as she stood and stared outside the window. "It won't be lame right?"

"No it's not ...This is Rainbow Room; when it comes to the elegant and notable wedding venues NYC has to show off, the Rainbow Room is at the top. This is located at the top of the Rockefeller Center at 30 Rockefeller plazas. This wedding venue commits to style, glamour, and quality..." Emma looked at Heather and smiled. "Do you like this one? Its looks like your taste to me"

"Oh my God, you should have said this first. I will take this one, well done Miss Facer."

Emma took her laptop and booked the venue.

"So, what's next?"

"Book it before anyone does."

"Done that already Ma'am."

"So, fast? Okay then, call the Florist and the decorators. This wedding has to be perfect."

"I will do that immediately but I just want to tell you that we will go and check that place on Saturday... Is your fiancé going to be coming?"

"I don't think so... he is a very busy man."

Winter Queen got home yesterday around six pm. Her mom told her to send Heather an expensive gift and love later with Ezra's name on it. You need to make it look romantic. She had said. She hesitated at first but didn't have a choice. They still think Ezra was in Canada. She went shopping with her friends and picked out a silver pencil heels worth $4 million. She wrapped it with pink wrapping paper and put it inside a big box. She then took her phone and searches the internet for romantic love later. After writing it she wrote Ezra's initials instead of his full name and showed it to her mother.

"Wow, this sounds romantic... you wrote it offhand?" Her mother asked.

"No mom, I wrote it from the internet."

"That's rude Winter... why didn't you create one yourself."

"Mom, I can't create one and you know why?"

"Why?"

"It's because the college I am going to I am not offering the course named 'Creation of romantic and love later so I can give my brother's bride to be and deceive her by thinking it was from my brother." She yelled "Besides Ezra doesn't even like her anymore then why are you forcing him. You and I know the reason why he went on that vacation."

"I don't have a choice that was why I told you to send a gift to her. I know what it feels like when someone loses interest in you." She sighed. Her expression changed.

"Wait mom, is daddy cheating?"

"That's not it...Winter, you won't understand."

"Tell me the truth mom. Is he cheating on you?"

"I think so."

"Now I understand everything mom... him coming home late, going for one month's vacation to Switzerland and Africa. Gosh, I'm 18, I am not a kid anymore and I know this stuff but why does my brother have to suffer too."

"We have to maintain our family's honor, Ezra and Heather's marriage can't be canceled; your father made that decision and you know that he won't go back on his words."

"Honor! Honor! Honor! That's what you people always say. I hate dad and you, now brother will have to marry that girl and probably he will suffocate and die." Winter shouted. "Don't worry, I will send the gift to her office. I just pity my brother; he is so innocent and nice. I can't believe it's his family that will end up ruining his life. I will never marry any man because of honor...I will never marry because of honor and I know that was what happened to you and Mr. Cade Queen. Arranged marriage? Seriously? Now he is even cheating on you and lying to his family. What a loser and coward he is."

Arden just stood there hearing those words her daughter threw at her and sobbing. She just wants her son to have a better life and she knew Cade had been cheating for over two years now. He doesn't even sleep in the same room with her anymore and she knows that if Ezra finds out he will course into chaos. She sat down at the kitchen table.

Minutes later Winter went to her mom realizing that she had said too much. It's not her fault that dad cheated. He is the idiot that didn't treasure what he had and he will realize this and come back to her "I'm sorry mom, I didn't mean to say harsh things to you. I don't just want my brother to suffer. I love Ezra a lot. He is my guardian and angel. He is always there for me and I want to be there for him too."

Arden hugged her daughter "With time everything will be okay Winter and I know Ezra will do the right thing. He will be okay. I promise I will make things right again. He will make things right again. Now please do me a favor..."

"What favor mother?" Winter asked curiously.

"Mail the gift to Heather's office before it's too late."

"Okay mom, I will mail it ASAP." She said as she carried the box and drove off to Heather's office. Well, she is 18 and she has her driver's license. She got there around 9 pm then dropped it at the receptionist and on top of the latter she wrote 'TO MISS BRICKS.'