Chapter 9

"I'm home," Ezra said as he walked passed their dog (Elvis).
"Look who's here." He heard the voice. It was familiar. Just like the voice he used to hear 5 years ago.
He turned to look at the person who talked. The figure was familiar so were the lips.
"Heather!" He called and moves closer to her. Is this a dream or reality? He hasn't seen his first love since they were on campus. She hasn't changed.
"Long time no see Ezra." She said pulling him in for a hug.
His Mother Arden walked up to him hugging him as well.
"Mom, you didn't tell me Heather was coming."
"I didn't know either. She came unexpectedly."
"Okay, Heather what are you doing here." He asked walking her to his room.
"I came to tell you that ____ my parent wants us to get married. It has been decided by the two families."
"My parent knows about this too?"
"Yeah.....haven't they told you?"
"They did...." They did not. He didn't want Heather to tell her parent that his parent hasn't told him yet.
"Really," She asked.
"Yes."
"So... what is your opinion?"
"My opinion is NO," Ezra said still mad at her for what she did.
"What!!!!"
"Don't you remember the night you ditched me for my friend Scott?"
"That was a misunderstanding."
"Are you gonna deny what I saw?"
"Ezra, I still love you. I will always do it. So please hear me out."
"What do you wanna say?" He still loves her too but what she did that night makes him vow never to be with another woman again. That was why he couldn't even look at Emma the other way even if he longed for her presence so bad. But he didn't show it out.
"I ditched you because Scott blackmailed me."
"With what... And should I believe that?"
"He took photos of me when I was bathing and told me he was gonna show people my pictures if I didn't go with him." She was lying but he loves her a lot even after she broke his heart.
"But why didn't you tell me." He asked.
"I was embarrassed. I didn't know what to do."
"Are you okay now?"
"What do you mean?"
"I meant Scott. Did you get the pictures back?"
"Yeah, I did." Wow, he was really easy to fool. But I won't let him find out about what am gonna do until after we've gotten married. What a glitch.
"Come here." He said and hugged her. Aw, I missed this hug, I missed this body. But it is different from the way he used to feel before. Maybe if they stay together the feelings might come back. He thought.
"I love you, Ezra." She said kissing him.
"I love......you too." The word was hard to come out but it did come out... Eventually.

Emma walked up to Zoe. She woke her up and presents Zoe with her birthday gift.
"Mom, What's this?" She asked taking the wrapped box from Emma.
"Why don't you open it first?" Emma said planting a kiss on the top of Zoe's head.
"Okay!" Zoe opened the wrapped box happily. "Mom"
"Do you like it?" Emma asked.
"No!"
Why didn't she see that coming? Zoe doesn't like the gift? She loves slippers that are trending even though she is only three but why was she rejecting this?
"No mom. I don't like it. I love it. It is beautiful mom. It's the slippers I've always wanted."
"I figured," Emma said hugging her. "Happy birthday to you Zoe"
"Thank you mom now I will like to go to school putting on my new slippers." She said excitedly.
"Really"
"Yes mom, I wanna show that mean girl Sandy, who is always butting me every time I say stuff."
"OK! Get ready for school and meet me downstairs in ten minutes." Emma went to the kitchen to make breakfast.
The doorbell rang. Emma ran to check who it was, knocking at the door early in the morning. She opened it but to her surprise, she saw a delivery man standing in front of the door with boxes on the floor. "I think you are in the wrong house I didn't order anything." She said smiling. "Maybe it's the McCurdy's." She added pointing next door.
"No Ma'am! Your name is written on the delivery list and the bill has been cleared. "You are Miss Emmaline Facer right?" He said showing her the list.
"Yes, I am. But if I didn't Order it then who did?" She asked. Still standing Frozen at the opened door.
"I think... Yes, I remember his name."
"What is he called?"
"Mr. Queen..."
"Mr. Queen?" She imitated.
"He told me to deliver it here... And yes! Now that you know, Should I carry it inside?"
"Yeah, you should." She left the doorway for the man to carry the boxes inside.
Emma Closed the door after the man put everything inside the house. What are you up to Ezra? The gift was too Heavy to carry to the drawer so she used a carrier instead of stressing herself early that morning. "Finally you are down," Emma said as Zoe ran downstairs. She saw what Emma was doing and saw that she was shoving some boxes inside the drawer.
"Mom, What's that?" She said moving toward Emma.
"It is not from me," Emma said putting the boxes back inside the drawer.
"If It is not you then who?"
"Daddy sent it." Emma smiled.
"Daddy did?" Her angelic smile came back after it was gone the night before. "I love daddy." She said smiling.
"Now that you know... Eat the oatmeal before it gets cold." Emma Carried Zoe and placed her on the long chair in the kitchen.
"Mommy Stop carrying me on the chair... I can do it myself." Zoe waved her hand to the air. Frustrated
"What was that supposed to mean?"
"I'm not a little girl anymore... Jeez.....I'm an adult now."
"What! But you are still three... You are my little Zoella. Remember?" Emma's expression changed.
"Whatever! You won't understand anyway..."Zoe scoffed."Amateur." She said with her tiny voice and flipped her hair to the back.
Zoe Finished her meal faster than Emma had expected. "Are you ready?" Emma said.
"Hell yeah I am, aren't I?" Zoe teased and gave Emma a high five.
"Kids" Emma shakes her head and closed the door.