Chapter 27

Emma had collected the address to Ezra's House in Canada from his mom; she booked the next flight to Canada which was in three hours. She packed her clothes and dropped Zoe off with Phoebe. She remembered the time she told her mother about her canceling her marriage with Drew and her mother had slapped her for that, she knows what she had done had hurt her mother that was why she could not let Zoe stay with her while she is gone.

She took her luggage to the airport and got on the plane. It took 4 hours for the plane to land in Toronto. She looked at his address and took a taxi to the hill, where his house was. She got down from the taxi and called Ezra's name but he didn't come out of his penthouse even after so many calls. She gave up already and wanted to go back to NYC so she could cry and hug her pillow. She turns around and wanted to take a step forward then she heard her name.

It was his voice.

"Where are you gonna stay for the night?" she turned and looked at him, her face paled.

He was on the balcony.

"Maybe a hotel?" she said.

"You don't even know anywhere here." He frowned. "What if you get yourself kidnapped?"

She shakes her head. "They can't, I'm a grown woman."

"If they do... I won't pay for you so instead of you wasting your money in a hotel, why don't you rent a room in my penthouse?"

"I can't...I'm not in the position to be staying in your penthouse and it's not right to be alone with a man when you two are not married."

He grinned. "Okay, I will discount you to a very low price."

"I accept but the problem is I don't have any clothes because I forgot my luggage in the taxi."

"I think I have a peer of new shirts in my closet. Come inside and take the stairs."

He remembers my fair of an elevator. The rain started falling and she was already wet before she got inside. She took the stairs and entered his living room with water dripping on the floor. He gave her the shirt and she went to take her bath. She came out wearing his shirt without a bra or panties.

After a moment later she went to the kitchen to go cook for both of them, he told her not to but she insisted. He went closer to her as she was cooking in the kitchen. She felt the heat of his body next to her, she could inhale his cologne. They could not resist each other. She made the first move by flirting with him then he came closer.

She turned off the gas cooker. He lifted her to the kitchen table. He placed his hand on her cheeks and kissed her. Damn, it's been forever since he felt the heat of her lips. He kissed her fiercely; he knew her lips would be bruised for days to come. The dangers of lust spiraled through him. The lust he understood.

She drove him crazy with desire, had done so from the start and he knew she was gonna be his for tonight, he would have her. She would be his. This damnable longing would never depart until he saved himself with her body.

"No, backing out now," he warned between kisses, his hands roaming her body. He grasped the edges of her bodice and yanked it down.

His mouth devoured hers; she matched his kiss, sliding her tongue against his in a sinuous dance.

She tasted like honey, and he kissed her long and hard. His hand reached for her breasts until she moaned in his mouth.

She buried her hands in his hair and pulled his head to her breasts. Looking up at her, he flicked his tongue over one nipple and then the other, still, in his mind was the knowledge that he was making love to the very same woman who had tricked and then deceived and vexed him to the point of madness.