Chapter 16

It was seven o'clock on a Saturday morning. Emma took Zoe to her mother's place for the weekend so she could focus more on her new job. She checked the card Heather gave her yesterday for the company's direction and drove to Heather's.

The Blitz Fashion Company was owned by Mr. and Mrs. Bricks and is now passed down to Heather.
The company was eight-minute away, a moment later Emma shot into the driveway. She parked in the first space she found. She forgot her keys in the car; her purse under her arm, and her hair was flying as she ran into the building.

She went to the desk and asked the receptionist where she might find Miss Bricks and the woman sobered instantly as she glanced at Emma. She had a pretty face.

"You are Miss Facer?"

Emma nodded, "Is she in the office?"

"Yes, she told me you were going to come today and that you should see her immediately you get here." The receptionist said giving Emma a warm smile.

"Where is her office?"

"In a minute, Miss Facer, I will take you there myself."

Emma hesitated and then nodded. "But who will stay here when you are gone?

"My other colleague by the way I love your outfit... Smart."

"Thank you ... now shall we?" Emma placed her hands to the front so the receptionist could lead the way. 

"Yes... we shall." The receptionist led the way.
They took the elevator down to the third floor. Emma has always had Agoraphobia of elevator blackouts and anytime that happens she could hardly breathe so she takes the stairs or escalators instead because of that fear.
Heather was having a conversation with a group of people about how her wedding concept should be. Emma overheard her conversation. She's getting married?

She knocked before entering Heather's office. It was a beautiful one more like a princess's personal closet. It was painted in pink and glittering pink. But why pink? She might be perfect but grown-up.
Heather welcomed her with a warm hug as if they'd been friends forever. Emma was surprised but still didn't have any idea that the person Heather was marrying was the man she loves. She offered Emma a seat. "Little black dress and heels huh? Well, I'm amazed that's why you will be part of the people that will be in charge of my wedding preparations.

"Your wedding?" yeah I overheard her say that a little while ago. "When is it...exactly?"
Heather looked at her and smiled. "Next two weeks, on a Friday."

"Wow." That was the only word Emma could bring out of her mouth. She was surprised because this is the first time she is going to be organizing a wedding and she have to make it perfect because the bride-to-be is also perfect.

"You know... you should definitely meet my husband-to-be." Heather sat in front of Emma and instructed the receptionist to go back to her post.

"He is handsome and manly... You know I'm so lucky that that type of man is going to be a part of my life... forever"

"No, he is the lucky one to have you...you are beautiful and perfect and those types of women are hard to find." Emma included. She knew she was not as perfect as Heather. She knew she was flawed and didn't know that was what Ezra liked about her. She's funny and comfortable to be with and she's not perfect; always trying to learn new things. She even makes friends easily just by communicating and laughing with them then they will want to be with her always. She also turned out to be someone that loves Taylor Swift songs. She's Swifties. Okay, imagine Emma going to a rich family dinner with a ponytail; stupid right?

Heather nodded. "I have a feeling that we are going to get along Miss Facer." She said smiling.

"Call me Emma since we are now friends."
Eyes wild with shock, Heather couldn't believe Emma had said that. "Friends... do you wanna grab lunch with me? Or we can order pizza. The real work starts on Monday and there's so much to do."

"How about we go for lunch together? Do you know any good place? Because I'm more of a chicken person"

Heather looked at her and scoffed. "Of course, I know places because I own this place... let's go to the cafeteria nearby and get your chicken." They got up and went to Heather's car. She drove them to NASHVILLE restaurant. "They have the best chicken here."

"Is it only chicken they have here?"

"No, they have many things like ice cream and you know ...junks." They entered as they went to sit down near the window. The waiter walked up to them and took their orders. Heather had ordered ice cream and burgers while Emma ordered hot spicy chicken with coca-cola.

Emma took one bite from her chicken and saw how delicious it was but it was spicy...very spicy. She sipped her Coke and took pictures of the chicken and was ready to post it on Instagram.
Thirty-minute later, they were back in the office. She embraces herself for making friends with Heather. Emma said her goodbyes and went to her car. Suddenly the thought of Ezra swam through her mind as she seated herself and adjusted her seat belt and drove off.

Ezra got to Canada safely and went to the house he bought two summers ago. It was an amazing penthouse with great views. The house was on a hill, beside the sea where the great breeze comes from. He'd imagined him with Emma together going for hikes, playing baseball and basketball with their children. He'd imagine them having hot sex on that king-size bed.

He took out his phone and called Heather telling her that he won't be home till next week Friday. She asked why and he told her that he wanted to rest before the wedding. His mom knew the reason why he was marrying Heather was that they have to develop the company. Mr. and Mrs. Bricks turn out to be the second richest while The Queen's has always been the first and will always be.

Ezra knew that their marriage was arranged by the two families and he also knew that his mom likes Emma a lot and he wasn't even sure about his feelings for Heather anymore. At this point, he just wants to forget about everything and have the woman he loves in his arm. He is satisfied with that alone but he does not want to disgrace his family publically because he knew that the press will publish it in the newspaper... but is this how it ends? Is this how he was going to lose his lover... just like that? Not even without a fight? He thought of that.

Time passed in a terrible haze of thinking. Rain tapped its knuckles hard against the windows. Wind buffets the water in the sea. He wanted to call Emma just to hear her voice but couldn't. He was scared... he was scared that if he hear her voice he won't be able to let go. But he has to... he is starting a new life....two weeks from now there will be another Mr. and Mrs. Queen. Somehow he knew he was going crazy, losing his mind, and he could not let go so easily; it's as if the holiday he came here for making him miss her more.

By six o'clock, Ezra took his phone and called his mom telling her everything that happened and the reason why he wanted to go to Canada for one week's vacation. He told her that he was a coward who can't fight for the love of his life just because of his family's honor. After hearing this, his mother didn't know what to say to him, she sobs on the phone because she knew she does not have authority and when Cade Queen says it's final...it is final.