Chapter 8

Ezra came earlier than she had expected. Is he excited to meet Zoe?

"Hey." He said as he sits beside her on the couch.

She was surprised to see Ezra. Emma told her about him the day she adopted her and that he is her father.

"Ezra," Zoe said smiling.

He looked at her "Call me daddy you can do that right?"

She nods."Daddy!" she smiled. Her smile was like an angel, soft and sweet."Are you gonna come for my birthday?"

"When is it, Zoe?" He asked.

"It's tomorrow."

"Really"

"Yap, are you gonna come?" She asked again.

Emma knew he wasn't gonna have time because he has a meeting in Australia tomorrow morning.

He looked at Emma, confused. She smiled a little.

"Zoe, I am sorry but daddy can't make it tomorrow, he is going to Australia early in the morning for an important meeting."

"What!!!__Daddy is bad, you are bad." Her angelic smile faded completely."You weren't here for my first, second, and...Now third birthday... Every time my classmate insults me and calls me names saying...I am a bastard. I don't know what...that means but it sounds like they were insulting me. Is that what you want me to be hearing every day?"

"Of cause not, sweetie." Ezra looked at her. He pitied her. Blaming him for not knowing he had a daughter. He doesn't want her to end up like his cousin who doesn't know his father till now.

"You know what I am tired of hearing lies." Tears roll down her face, Ezra tries to hold her hand in his but she removed it and ran out of the living room.

Emma was shocked. What have I done? Man am I horrible. She walked to him and sat beside him on the couch.

"Is the meeting more important than your daughter Ezra?" She said. She knew he was this kind of guy who doesn't care much but the looks on his face tonight said something different.

"Don't you understand Emma, u know that if I don't attend this meeting we might not be able to get this chance next time."

"But still...." She couldn't finish her word before Ezra cut in.

"No, besides I haven't even told dad about Zoe."

"Why," Emma asked. Well it a good he didn't cause how will I face the world if Ezra finds out Zoe isn't his, to begin with, but the problem is where did Phoebe find her? I can't ask phoebe. I will find out myself if I have to. She knew Phoebe was probably going to lie to her anyway so she prefers looking for the answer herself than asking her friend about it.

"He will freak out if I do." He said.

Ezra wasn't glad his father hasn't understood them so he wouldn't even dare try to tell his father about Zoe. He'd spent years making his children try dating rich people like them.

Even Cade Queen, as powerful as he is, could change the decision about the kind of woman he wants to go out with.

"Are you scared of your father I know being the only son of a multi-billionaire is something hard but what about your daughter?"

"I'm sorry but I can't make it even if I tried to."

"You know what Ezra."

"What?" He asked.

"Zoe was right, you are indeed worst than any man I have ever seen I can't believe it was you I had to sleep without of all the men out there." She said and walked away.

Ezra sat there. He couldn't even do anything to stop her. He was lost; terrified even. had a lack of confidence when it comes to speaking about Zoe who he just met. It hurt his feeling that he couldn't do anything to stop Emma from walking away.

He stared up at the ceiling, wrapped his hands around himself, and wondered if he could call her out and apologize.

Zoe's unexpected presence was a glitch he hadn't been prepared for.

A big glitch

Ezra ruthlessly pushed the thought aside. Maybe what just happened will not be as troublesome as it already was by tomorrow but she seemed way too serious and uptight. And she had some keen, watchful look in her eyes that Zoe had. It was the kind that said nothing but sadness.

It would make his reconnaissance that much harder.

Ezra knew there'd be family members who will accept Zoe if his father doesn't.

Ezra shifted restlessly and lavender stirred the air. He inhaled deeply and burrow into the couch.

There did be a few uncomfortable moments in his family house when his sister Winter Queen had suggested she was gonna get married at the age of eighteen.

Ezra pulled the pillow out under the couch and dropped it on the couch before leaving.

"Make sure the door is locked," Emma said before everywhere went silent again.