Chapter 18

(Monday morning)
America POV:
I feel my arm in an awkward position. I sleepily start wiggling it. As the blood starts properly flowing through I sleepily try to open my eyes. It takes me a moment to focus them. When they do I see my living room sideways. Have I fallen asleep on my couch? My head suddenly feels heavy and I start sitting up. That's when I notice my pillow wearing dark navy blue suit pants. Suit pants.... My head bolts up and I take a look at the body attached to those pants. The blanket that was draped on top of me slides off, onto the floor. My movement woke him up too. He lazily opens he's eyes and looks at me. Recognizing me, he half smiles before his eyes get wider. I immediately look down at our clothes. He still wears his pants, socks with no shoes, and his white button up which is half undone. His suit coat, tie and shoes are on the floor beside us. His hair is slightly a mess. I cants help but recognize how cute he looks. I look down at myself. I'm wearing a red tank top, and black shorts. Which I notice are very short. I immediately feel self conscious. I see one of my hoodies on the floor. I quickly reach down and grab it. I throw it on trying desperately to look decent. My hand flys to my hair wondering how much of a mess I look. I can feel my hair in a bun and I just hope it's not completely awful. I look back at him and he eyes me curiosity. "Well, good morning" He says with a grin. I spot my phone on the coffee table and check the time. 2:48 a.m it reads. "I suppose it's morning" I say with a shrug and a small grin. We hold each others gaze for a moment before he breaks it. "I-I should go" he says sounding distant. For a moment it shocked me. A very small moment. I know he has a wife waiting for him, wanting him to stay is simply selfish. I can't help myself though.
"Yeah you should" I say as I look down at my lap. He must of noticed my mood because you lifted my chin up to meet his face. My eyes immediately connected with his and I held his gaze. "Don't give up yet" he whispered. What? Give up?
"Maxon what are you talking about?"
"Don't give up on us yet"
"You do know that your married right?" He closed his eyes and chuckled slowly, although I didn't see what was funny. He opened his eyes and looked at me with a sheepish look. His attitude makes me want to slap that expression right off his face.
"Yes I do"
"Then what are you talking about, there isn't an us anymore, that ended the day you chose Kriss."
"I know I messed up-"
"-Maxon messed up? You made a choice" I had to stay strong. I can't break, more than I already have. Although my feeling about Maxon and Zach have surfaced, I've managed to keep my emotions about Maxon not choosing me deep inside. For the most part anyways. Now he's bringing them back up and I'm really to spill. 
Maxon gently placed his finger over my lips preventing me from speaking.
"America please listen," I nodded.
"I know I made a mistake, and trust me I regret that everyday, I think about you every morning, every night, every passing minute I have wished for you to be at my side. I really have. I can't anymore. I love you America."
I had no words. Tears filled my eyes, ever since I left I wished for these words to still be true. For him to tell me he loves me.
"Kriss and I aren't king and queen yet and we don't have any kids, our marriage can still be revoked." My eyes wided at what I was hearing. Is he saying what I think he's saying?..
"If my plan works, Kriss and I won't be married much longer, America we can get married and have our future together. Just like we wanted before everything went downhill, if you want"
If I want. That's all I've wanted. Could it really be that easy? The thought alone gives me goosebumps. I feel hot and cold at the same time.
"Maxon, of course I want that, I always have," When he heard that he looked so relieved. As if a weight that had been keeping him down was finally lifted.
"Me too" He whispered.
"But it can't possibly be that simple, as much as I want it to." I said a little sad.
"I know that, but we'll figure this out"
"Do you have a plan"
"Well not an exact one I'm figuring it out, I wanted to explain everything to you but seeing as we fell asleep it'll have to wait until you come to the palace,I just need an answer, do you truly want this?" He seemed nervous. As if I'd say no, which is ridiculous. I know what I'd be giving up, my career as a musician. I love music but I love Maxon more. I also know what I'd be risking. People could start rioting and be very angry with the monarchy. They could also try to threaten us. Especially because Kriss is a rebel, a northern one.
But if Maxon isn't worried why should I be. He can figure this out, together we can.
"I do Maxon, I really want this, I want you"
As soon as those words left my mouth his hands were cupping my face. He starred into my eyes before pulling me into a deep kiss. I immediately melted into him. My mouth perfectly fitting with his. My arms flung around his neck. One of his hands moved down to the curve in my waist. Without thinking I moved to sit on him, straddling his torso. He pulled me in and I did the same, not wanted there to be anything in between.
Deep in me I knew there was, not physically thought. Kriss his wife, part of me thought but the greater part of me ignored it.
The kiss quickly started to get passionate and fiery. Both of us hunger for more, I could feel something pulling from my core driving me and my movements, and I wondered how he felt. My hands uncontrollably went to his shirt and started unbuttoning it. Maxon didn't stop me, instead his hands find the edge on my hoodie. In one swift move my hoodie is off and on the floor again.
He switched our position to us lying down on the couch, with him on top of me. His shirt is quickly taken off as is my tank top. We stay that way for a moment. Kissing deeply, although I sense we both want more.
Maxon suddenly pulls back, holding himself up with his hands while caging me in with them. I don't mind being his prisoner. "I have to go," he says with sadness.
I'm not sure how much time went by but I know it's past 3 am by now. Those 4 words sober me up real quick. "Right" I say and start sitting up. Maxon gets off me and reaches for his shirt. I grab my hoodie ignoring my top and slip it on. I know we shouldn't have gone this far, but I couldn't help myself and neither could he. I help him collect his clothes and he quickly puts it on. Wordlessly we stand and head for the door, when we reach it we stop preparing for the goodbye.
"Good night darling" he says and kisses my forehead. Darling.
"Good night your majesty" I say with a mock curtsy. "What will you say to Kriss?"
"I don't know yet, I'll come up with something don't worry"
"Okay, be careful"
"I will"
He gives me one last sweet kiss and opens the door.
"Call me" He says and hands me a card. Without a response he heads out into the night. I wait until I hear the car drive off then shut the door and lock it. Going back to the couch I look at the card, it has multiple ways to contact him privately. I slightly grin. I lay back on the couch and close my eyes. Letting my mind thing about everything that happened. I soon fall asleep with a busy yet clear mind.

(Please read)
A/N ~ Ooooo wild chapter! I'm sorry I haven't uploaded, I've been so busy with school and life in general, but I think I'm getting the hang of things and I'll be uploading as regularly as I can, Im hoping once a week at least on both of my stories, comment your favorite part, and let me know what you think will happen next. Hopefully you enjoyed it, 1505 words!!!!
Xoxo ~ Mrs. Schreave 💋
Ps ~ thanks so much for 2k views!