Chapter 12

(Saturday)
America POV:
I look in the mirror one last time before heading out. Celeste is being weird about today's performance and it's making my stressed. She's usually the calm, chill one, so she's freaking me out. I've asked if something is wrong and all she says is 'no you just go kill it'. And add being sick on top of that makes it worse.
Once I make sure I look perfect I go backstage.

I get to the podium where I'll be lifted

I get to the podium where I'll be lifted. I get on one knee and make sure my boots are laced properly. I don't want to trip, crying at my last performance was enough. When I stand back up I notice Celeste walking my way. She stops in front of me.
"Look America I know I've been weird today, but don't let that get to you I'm just a little sick to my stomach"
"Okay, are you sure that's all you seem uneasy"
"Yes, America you know that I wouldn't ever want to hurt you and everything and anything I do for you, I do with a good heart"
"Yes I do"
"Okay just remember that"
"Okay.. but is everything okay your freaking me out"
"Yes it is, you go kill this performance"
"Always"
I smile at her and get on the platform. She leaves, on her way to the sound box I assume. I honestly don't know why she's being so weird. I try to regain as much focus as possible. I hear myself being announced and brace myself. I'm still getting used  to being in the spotlight.
I'm lifted onto the stage and my fans go crazy.
"Hellooooo Angels!" I yell enthusiastically. They scream in return.
"I hope you've had an amazing day! And you enjoy tonight!"
With that my first song 'Welcome to New York' begins to play. I take a deep breath before singing, then give the best performance.

Maxon POV:
Mom, Kriss and I are sitting in the best seats with the best view. We are waiting for the performance to start. They are talking and I know I should be engaging into the conversation, but I can barely hear my own thoughts. I'm so nervous.
Kriss puts her hand over mine and squeezes. I do the same. It seems she's about to say something when we hear someone speaking into the speakers.
"Now, ladies and gentlemen, welcome, America Singer onto the stage!!"
Everyone bursts out screaming. Either 'aweing' or 'woohooing' or simply yelling 'America'. I look at the stage preparing to see her. I see fog filling the stage floor and in seconds, I see red hair starting to peek from the floor.
So she's being lifted onto the stage. Wow.
Once she's fully onstage everyone screams even louder.
She looks beautiful. Not just beautiful, hot.
Kriss leans into my ear.
"Oh my it's starting!!"
"Yes dear, it is"
I turn my attention back to the stage when I hear America's beautiful voice fill the auditorium.
"Hellooooo Angels!" She yells enthusiastically. Everyone screams.
Oh her voice.
"I hope you've had an amazing day! And you enjoy tonight!"
How won't everyone enjoy it, America will be putting on a show herself.
With that her first song which I recognized as'Welcome to New York' or something like that, begins to play. She begins singing and I'm in awe. I must have an expression that screams 'I'm in awe' but I don't care. I lean back in my seat and enjoy her singing. Enjoy it all, until I face her. I relax and listen to her beautiful songs and voice.