Hard reality

"He has a pulse," Sirius gasped, catching a very feint one. He then turned to James, silent tears were already coming down at the sight of blood. Sirius knew he would do something rash so he silently sent Remus with James as he stormed over to the Gryffindor team.

"Evangeline Rose-Marrie Potter!" James shouted to the crown his shout scaring everyone. Making them cower at one of the most favored Professor at Hogwarts. "Get here now!"

Remus stood, angry at what happened to his cub and how his own twin did this. But he was here for James to pull him out before he goes to far.

A pale Evangeline stepped out, presumably due to never getting this from her father. She was visibly shaking, she just wanted Harry out of the way so she could be her Dads favorite. She though never saw this coming as she stood in front of her father.

"I can't believe you, my own daughter, your own twin. I saw what you did up there we all did. How can you even think of doing this?" James fumed, he looked at his daughter who was still holding her broom. In a second he snatched the broom from her and broke it by his suppressed anger "you will not be allowed to fly ever again, no broom, no nothing. When you want to do something the answer from here on out will be a no and that is final! I have had it with you not knowing any commands." Everyone was shocked still at what he did and said, this has never happened to the Girl-Who-Lived. "You are hence forth no longer the heiress of the house of Potter." It was now that James full on broke "Do you have any idea after eleven long years, thinking your brother is dead, to find out he is alive and then only to have you, his twin try to snatch that away from me. Tell me Evangeline Rose-Marrie Potter how does it feel to know you hang in the balance of being a murderer at the age of eleven."

"James, my cousin his here their taking Harry up!" Sirius called him, James then left not giving his daughter a lasting look. Remus followed silently who pulled Theo out of his shock state. Since Draco was sent to get his mother who was a known healer.

The only thing James could think of was how much blood there was and the fact that his little boy was minutes away from death.

Draco pulled his mother to fireplace, her kit had been delivered and Lucius had caught up with them. They hurried through the system, making their way quickly to the Hospital wing without haste, running in to a very pale Severus. "How bad is it, Severus?" Lucius asked and none of them took it as a good sign when he shook his head. Malfoy's aren't friends with Potter's but after a argument and the young Potter was part black they could put it aside for now. "The fact that he is still alive baffles me." He admitted, and then Narcissa was gone.

She forwent all decorum and full out ran to the wing, bursting in interrupting the huge argument going on between an absolutely furious Sirius and an irate nurse. "Everyone out," Narcissa commanded, already waving her wand over the unconscious child.

"Now see here-,"

"This is my nephew and if you all do not leave so I can save his life I will bring all the power of the Blacks, Malfoys and Rosiers down upon you. GET OUT!"

Lady Narcissa Malfoy was the epitome of calm and composed, known for her unwavering decorum and perfect public behaviour, so to see her lose her cool was not only surprising it was terrifying and the room was cleared instantly.

Outside in the corridor, the tension could have been cut with a knife. Remus was pacing furiously, his eyes an inhuman amber and growls slipping out between his bared teeth as Moony overtook more of the rational man's mind. Sirius wasn't faring any better, his hands were shaking violently and his magic was flaring beyond his control, his mind seemingly only focused on the worst case scenario. James was just in a frozen stupor unable to feel anything as he waited.

Time passed very slowly and it wasn't until well over an hour later did anything happen, Draco and Theo, who had taken solace with each other, looked up and eyes narrowed when he caught sight of their unwelcome guests. There movement was noticed by his father, who indicated to the other three men the arrival of Dumbledore and puffy eyed Evangeline. The two newcomers completely ignored Remus' dangerous snarl of warning, but the others knew better so Severus and Lucius, once had held back the two boys, took up positions behind the fuming werewolf to be safe. "Ah, what is Poppy doing away from her wing? Someone is needed to heal young Harry from his little accident." Dumbledore's too cheerful words were met with looks of utter disbelief tinged with rage, and if ever his sanity wasn't already in question it would have been at that very moment.

"Surely you cannot believe that this was an accident?" Snape finally said, managing to get the words out before everyone else, "We all saw what happened."

Dumbledore shook his head sadly, Evangeline smirked which only the boys noticed the look. "Quidditch is a dangerous game, terrible things happen."

"You're insane, she slammed in to him and kicked his broom away." Sirius spat.

"James you aren't thinking straight what you said to Evangeline, she is your Hieres, and I am-"

"No" James flatly said "I am her father not you. I can say what the punishment is or I could go to Madame Bones to get it official."

"No there is no need," Dumbledore said "come Eva your father is grieving right now."

Just then the hospital doors opened and out stepped Narcissa, who managed to silence all arguments instantly with her mere appearance. Gone was the elegant Lady Malloy, and in her place stood a woman who looked like she had just come from a battle. Her robes were torn, the arms gone where they had obviously been severed off in haste, and splattered in blood and potions, staining them permanently. Her long blonde hair was slung on of her head haphazardly, strands falling down her face crushed with blood and her usually unblemished face was flushed and smeared with blood. She looked exhausted and her face was completely blank, even if her eyes shone with emotion.

"He's in a coma, but I have managed to stabilize him." She told them though addressed James mostly, "I cannot say if he will ever wake." Her voice wavered only once as she broke the news to the Marauders. Sirius made a sound between a whimper and a groan as his cousin told him his godson might not make it. James just stumbled in to the hospital and coming to an abrupt halt when he caught sight of his son.