Chapter Thirty-Three

**be sure to read the author's note at the end**

     I didn't even bother to knock, I just entered their house. Matt told me that it didn't make sense for me to knock and wait outside anymore; that I should just come in as I please.

       I had to admit, it made me feel a little comfortable and awkward walking in without knocking. It's like I was trespassing or trying to sneak in or something. However, it also made me feel really special and important.

       Matt had texted me earlier, suggesting I came over. We had been hanging out at my place the past few days and I had to be honest, I kind of missed the house. It's really big and sort of empty, but I don't know; when I'm with Matt, or any of the brothers, really, the house actually feels pretty warm and cozy.

       "Hello!" I called, walking down the hall, my footsteps echoing off the walls. 

       "In here!" Matt's voice called in the distance. I assumed it was from the living room and I made my way towards the entrance.

       I slowly opened the door and walked inside. What I found waiting for me was a bit surprising.

       All of the brothers were sat around the room. Bradley and Ryan sat on one of the couchs together, Bradley looking very annoyed and Ryan, extremely smug. Eric sat by himself on the love seat, his hands folded in his lap. Jack sat on a chair with Richard sitting by his feet on the floor. And Matt was sitting on the love seat by himself.

       I didn't bother to hide my confusion as I closed the door behind me, frowning at Matt's direction. He shrugged but I could tell he was hiding a smile, so I knew something was up. So I was just hoping I wouldn't be pranked or anything.

       Richard jumped up as soon as he noticed I was there, bouncing over to me and squealing. He wrapped my arms around my waist and lifted me up, spinning both of us around.

       He put me back down with a groan. "How nice of you to finally join us." Richard said happily, opening up his arms.

       I laughed and nodded. "Yeah," I said slowly as I made my way towards Matt and Richard took his old seat back. "What's going on here anyways?"

       "Family reunion." Bradley said bluntly. But I got the hint that he was sarcastic.

       Richard pulled a concerned face. "It's an intervention. We're all very worried about you, Dianna." He said quietly, dragging every word for as long as possible. "We all think you spend too much time watching Friends-"

       "What we are all really hear for," Eric cut in sharply, scowling at his brother. "Is because we have got news." 

       I raised my eyebrows. "News?" I asked. "Good or bad?"

       "Both." Jack answered, and I cringed. He had the shadow of a smile on his face, which I didn't know if that meant a good thing or a bad thing, really. "Which one do you want to hear first?"

       I thought for a moment, but I decided I just wanted to get the bad news over with all ready, so I replied, "Bad." With a visible twitch. 

       Ryan leaned forward slightly. "Well, because of all this game or whatever," He flung his arms around dramatically. "You and Matt, can't really, date. So yeah, all that hard work and descision making was for nothing! Ha!"

       My heart stopped for a second. Maybe even a minute. I don't know; all I know is that I stopped breathing for a moment. It was like every sound turned to white noise and I couldn't focus on any one object. I grabbed Matt's knee quickly, squeezing it, and he just carefully laid his hand on top of mine.