Chapter Twenty-Five

I glided into our local Subway, wearing my most Subway lunch-meet-up appropriate clothing (which, if you must know, is a simple pair of jeans and a shirt that was buried in the bottom of my closet).

       I instantly spotted Eric, as his horribly bright pink shirt was extremely hard not to notice. His eyes lit up as I sat down across from me.

       "What a lovely outfit," Eric complimented, grinning at me.

       I nodded my thanks. "It's very classy, don't you think? I do believe it was passed down to me by my great grandmother." I said as I hauled down on the green shirt that read, Kiss me, I'm Irish.

       Eric rolled his eyes. "So, do you want to get food now or not?"

       I nodded and stood up, "But you're paying for me, just saying." I added quickly.

       Eric frowned. "And why must I do this? This is not a date, no offense, and I figured one of those girls who are like, 'I don't need no man! I can do everything by myself! I'm an independant woman!'"

       I tilted my head to side ever so slightly. "Yeah, I guess I sort of am..." I mumbled. "However, I didn't bring any money and you're rich... So..."

       "You're dumb," Eric grumbled as he walked into the line of people waiting to get their food, with me trailing closely behind him.

       We scanned the menu together silently, walking forward a step or two when the lined moved ahead. 

       Eric turned to me. "So what do you want?" He asked.

       I shrugged. "A sub." I said simply, grinning at him.

       Eric grunted and rolled my eyes. "I'm getting real tired of your attitude, Dianna. Now, you better tell me what kind of sub you want right now or I swear to god, I'll hurt you."

       I frowned. "Someone's cranky," I muttered playfully. "And I don't know; surprise me." I quickly skipped off to our table before Eric could say anymore.

       After a few minutes, Eric came strolling over with two subs in one hand and two drinks in another; man, he has awefully big hands, I thought.

       Eric plopped the food on the table in front of me with a moan, then sitting down in the seat across from me. We quickly dived into our subs without a word, the only noise being the sound of crunching lettuce or chewing bread.

       After a while, I decided to spark up the reason for us meeting here. "So, what was it you wanted to tell me?" I questioned.

       Eric looked up from his sub with a surprised face. "Hm?" He grunted, licking his lips.

       "When you called you said you had something to tell me," I reminded him, taking another bite of my sub.

       He nodded and cleared his throat, sitting up in his chair a little straighter. "Dianna, we're good friends now, right?" He asked.

       I cocked an eyebrow. "Of course." I said.

       "Yeah," Eric continued on; I noticed he appeared to be a bit nervous now. "Uhm, I think we've gotten really close lately and I just kind of assumed I could trust you with anything..." He mumbled. "And I feel like I should tell you something; something none of my brothers even know..."

       I nodded slowly. "You can tell me," I assured him.

       Eric sighed and closed his eyes momentarily, before opening them again and whispering, "I'm gay."

       I stopped chewing my sub and just stared at him, what he had just said processing through my tiny brain. Eric seemed to squirm a little in his seat, clearly anxious and nervous for my response.

       Eric? Is gay? An actual Henderson brother isn't even into girls? Now, this was a twist nobody in the town would have ever thought of. I mean, this is major! This could be the beginning of the ends of the games! 

       I never really expected this. I mean, I don't really care that Eric's gay. I've only ever seen him as a brother anyways, and I obviously respect that he's into boys. It's not that big of a deal, really. I'm just so honored that he trusted me and I know it was probably really hard to tell me; I've never imagined coming out to be that easy. So I'm really glad he actually told me.

       "And none of your brothers know?" I asked.

       Eric shook his head slowly. "I'm too scared to tell them," He admitted. "Because of... Well, you know why."

       I slid my hand ontop of Eric's. "Eric, I don't care if you're gay," I assured him, and I saw him visably relax. "I still think you're amazing and an awesome person and damn, I love you, okay."

       He laughed and nodded. "Love you too," He replied through a grin.

       I took my hand off of his and laid it ontop of my sub. "So, do you plan on telling any of your brothers?"

       "How can I?" Eric asked. "I don't think they'd be too pleased about it... I mean, these games practically run our lives now. I don't think any of my brothers are homophobic, I just don't know... I'm scared, okay! There, I said it."

       I frowned. "Not even Richard or Bradley? You're triplets, for god's sake, they'll love you no matter what!" I cried. "Besides, I honestly don't they'd mind."

       Eric raised his eyebrows. "I haven't really told anyone besides you and a few of my closest friends..."

       I grinned. "Well, now don't I feel so special."

"Don't." Eric grumbled.

       I rolled my eyes. "Look, they won't care. I just know they won't. Matt's not going to care, and neither is Jack; they'd both understand. And Bradley and Richard won't give two flying shits. And Ryan... Ryan's an idiot, but he's not homophobic."

       Eric's expression softened. "Please don't tell them," He practically begged. "I'll do it on my own time. So please don't tell anyone else I'm gay."

       "Eric, I promise I won't! It's not my place to tell them, anyways." I assured him.

       He smiled. "And don't tell Carrie!" He added quickly. "She's a real blabber mouth."

       I nodded in agreement. "She is bad with secrets..." I admitted, a memory from 7th grade coming back and causing me to cringe.

       "Oh, and speeking of Matt and Jack..." Eric cooed, raising his eyebrow suggestively.

       My mouth hung open. "Who told you!" I cried, feeling the redness filling onto my cheeks.

       Eric smiled largely. "No one told me!" He said loudly. "I just had a hunch and now it's confirmed! Oh my god, a love triangle!"

       I sighed and hung my head, ashamed. "Shut up," I mumbled.

       "So who are you going to pick?" He asked giddily, placing his elbows on the table and his chin in his palms. "You have to tell me!"

       I chucked my wrappings at his face, which he dodged easily. "I am so done with you!" I cried, not caring that everyone in Subway was watching us.

       I swear to god, these boys are going to be the end of me.

// author's note //

short chapter like swag

so i guess #teameric isnt a thing anymore. sorry to whom ever shipped them, but that shit has officially sunk. sorrrrrryyyy

and yeah, some of you guys guess that eric was gay a few chapters ago but whatever you're all losers lmao jk love you all and sorry for slow updates have a great summer byeee xxx

// author's note //