Chapter Five

Knock

Knock

Knock

      The sound of my little fist meeting the dark wood of the Henderson's door seemed to echo for hours as I stood outside their door, my coat wrapped around my body tightly to block out any cool air threatening to sneak in.

       Matt quickly swung open the door, a burst of warm air meeting my skin. He smiled down at me in greeting. 

       Matt was the eldest of the Henderson brothers; like he was the original. His light brown hair hung messy around his perfectly sculpted face. Of course he had those brown eyes we all know the brothers for. Matt had a few freckles on his nose, but you had to be close up to fully see them. 

       "Hello." Matt said rather breathlessly, nervousness evident in his voice.

       I smiled politely. "Hi."

       Matt stepped away from the doorway and opened his arms awkwardly. "Come in," He said.

       I entered the home and my mouth immediately dropped.

       Inside was a larger than life staircase placed right in the middle of a gigantic room. A brown and gold chandelier hung in the center of the ceiling. Small tables were placed around the area with little things on them, such as picture frames, candles, flowers, and more.

       Paintings of different scenes of nature flooded the chocolate brown walls. A small gold bench was pinned against one of the walls, little brown pillows placed on top neatly. There was about five closed wooden doors around the staircase. The room felt lonely and empty, despite all the furniture that actually lined the area. The large home was eerily quiet besides the sound of my feet hitting the dark wood of the floor, which seemed to echo throughout. 

       "Yeah, I know." Matt spoke up after probably minutes of me soaking in his home. "It's too big for my taste, but my family seems to like it."

       I grinned in response and removed my coat, wrapping it around my arms. 

       "Uh, you can follow me to the home theatre..." Matt said.

       They have a home theatre!? I thought in amazement as I glanced around the room again, What else do they have!?

       Matt began to walk towards a large door on the left, which just led to a darkly lit hallway. Family pictures lined the walls and I couldn't help but to sneak a glance at a few.

       One picture showed all the boys standing together, shoulder by shoulder, all wearing black suits and ties. They looked years younger than they do now, and much more playful. 

       Another picture was of a couple I assumed to be Mr. and Mrs. Henderson. Mr. Henderson is probably where the boys got most of their appearance from, since Mr. Henderson also had the famous brown hair and amazing jawline. But Mr. Henderson had grey eyes, whereas Mrs. Henderson had brown; she was a small woman, with golden blonde hair and a heart-shaped face. She was most certainly a beautiful woman. 

       Matt flung open a much larger door and walked inside, me following shortly behind.

       This was another large room, but consideringly smaller than the one I first saw. Six couches were lined split up into two groups; three in one row, three in another. They all sat in front of a large screen, that was black for the moment.

       I trailed behind Matt as he walked down the rows and sat down on one of the couches. He motioned for me to sit, so I did.

       "Are we watching the first movie first?" I questioned.