Chapter Twenty-Four

I threw myself onto my bed, tummy first. I hauled my pillow over to my chest and clutched it close with a huge sigh.

       Carrie sat down lightly next to me. "So, what you're saying is you're stuck between two guys?" She asked.

       I frowned. "I'm pretty sure I've made that clear."

       "I'm just trying to make sure I've got this straight," She snapped. "Okay, so you went out on dates with Matt, who is a totally nerd like you-" I let this sort-of-insult slip. "And you really like him, and you've guys kissed and all. Then there is Jack, the guy who has recently broken up with his girlfriend and who you've only hung out with a number of times, but upon recent events, you've begun to develop feelings for him. So now you're conflicted on which one to choose. Am I correct in saying this?"

       I sighed and nodded, no words coming to mind. 

       I always read stupid romance novels about love triangles and to be honest, I always thought they were so stupid. You must know who you like more; I mean, come on! It can't be that hard. But now that I was sort of stuck in one, I actually kind of understand now...

       Carrie laid down next to me, but instead of lying on her tummy like me, just laid down on her back with her eyes staring up at my white ceiling.

       She made a sort of pouting face. "But how do you know either of them actually like you?" She questioned.

       My phone vibrated and I snatched it up off my bed, seeing the name Jack Henderson by a short text message.

       I put my phone down, without reading it, and turned my head towards Carrie. "What do you mean?"

       She continued to stare foreward. "Well, who is to say if all of this is to only steal your virginity? Like, some twisted plan they had created to gain your trust. I know it sounds kind of horrible, and like something they'd never be able to do, but who knows? Matt's never won before, right?" She finally looked at me. "Maybe he's just tried of losing and wants to really win this year. And Jack won last year; so...?"

       My stomach seemed to flip at her words. "Yeah... But Jack's expressed to me many times his hatred for these games-"

       "Maybe Jack's just really smart. You've told me yourself that he's really intelligent and this could just be a set up." She suggested. "And Matt-

       I sighed deeply, stopping her mid-sentence. "Carrie, I've thought the theories over enough in my mind, thank you very much."

       Carrie sat up. "Sorry. But you wanted my help!" She pointed out.

       I sighed again (I seem to be doing that a lot lately). "Yes, I know." I said in a dreadful voice. 

       She looked at me with one of those semi-sad faces; you know that face that everyone pulls when they don't really know how to help you but they want to look like they care. "So what now?"

       Before I could answer, my phone vibrated again. This time the screen lit up with a message from Matt; I don't even bother to read their texts anymore. It honestly hurts too much. And plus, I can just guess what they're saying; Matt's going on with some Shakespeare shit and Jack's just being Jack (a Jackass, if you will). Pun intended.

       Carrie rolled her eyes as I settled my phone back down. "What? Are you never going to reply to them? Is that your plan?" She asked.

       I nodded, frowning. "Yes." I said matter-of-factly. "I'm just going to ignore them and avoid them forever until they forget about me completely and move on with their lives. Or at least until we graduate and I can move to go to college somewhere far, far away."

       She nodded and raised her eyebrows. "Sounds legit." She confirmed. "I think it'll work. Brilliant plan, Dianna."

       I smiled through the pain. "Yes, thank you very much." 

       My phone vibrated again, this time the ringer going off too. The words, Unknown Caller, spread across my phone screen.

       "Ah, great." I muttered with a scowl. "Now they're phoning me."

       Carrie stared at me with wide eyes. "Well!" She cried, motioning towards the phone beside her.  "Answer it!"

       I grabbed the phone, mumbling, "I'm going to light this phone on fire," before answering my cell phone with a low and unhappy, "Hello?"

       There was a muffled laugh. "It's always nice to hear your beautiful voice." Eric cooed.

       I rolled my eyes, even though I knew he couldn't see me. "And what do you want, shit-face?" I asked grumpily. Carrie shot me a weird look.

       "Oh, how I love your compliments." He laughed. "I was just wondering if your fat ass was free tomorrow? I do believe your favorite fast food place is a waiting for us to visit."

       I chuckled; I knew that wouldn't be a date. Eric's just like a bestfriend now. "If I can haul my fat ass out of bed, I do believe I could make an appearence, yes." I replied nonchalantly.

       There was a quiet cheer. "Yes!" He cried happily. "I love food! And wear something pretty; I've got to tell you something and it's important, okay?"

       I whistled low. "I suppose I could try to look okay..." 

       Eric laughed. "Good. Now be at Subway by four thirty tomorrow or I'll throw up on your door step." He responded.

       I snorted. "Yeah, okay. Now go away; I'm done with you."

       Eric mumbled one last word, "Whore." And hung up.

       I put my phone down, grinning wildly at Carrie while she stared at me with a bewilder look on her face. I just shrugged. 

       "Eric's just a really nice guy, okay?" I said, still grinning. "He want's to go out for a super duper fancy dinner with me tomorrow."

       Carrie smiled and hopped onto her feet, rushing over to my closer. "Really?" She said excitedly. "Well, you got a dress super duper fancy, now don't you?"

       I frowned and sat up. "Stop fucking up my closet." I snapped. "And don't sound so excited! It makes me sick." I commented and Carrie's smile dropped. "And unless I need to dress super duper fancy for freaking Subway, then I don't think so."

       She rolled her eyes and leaned her back against the wall. "You're boring." She muttered. "I'm going with your brother."

       And with that, she strolled towards the exit point.

       "You two make me sick!" I cry as her back turns the corner down the hallway.

       "Good!" I hear her call back.

       Now that's true friendship right there, kids.

// author's note //

lmao it's so shorttttttt and boringgggggg but i just wanted things to calm down so here ya go :))) (does everybody hate these authors notes because i always make them.........lmao sorry)

and btw, i read all of your comments and you guys are so SWEET OMFGGGFGFGF and yall make me confused on who she should end up with like???? #teammatt? #teamjack? #teameric? #teambradley? #teamrichard? #teamryan? idk anymore tbh

// authors note //