Chapter Thirty

"I knew it." Eric said, grinning wildly at us. "I knew you were going to choose him. Never had a doubt in my mind-"

       Matt blushed and I smiled, squeezing his hand in an attempt at comforting him. He never took little teases from his brothers well.

       Bradley rolled his eyes. "Eric, you had no clue who she was going to choose," He sighed. 

       Eric was about to say something, but Richard cut him off.

       "What about me?" He cried, his mouth forming a deep frown. "I thought we had really hit it off! I can't believe you'd choose Matt over me!-" Richard cracked a smirk and busted out laughing, shaking his head. "Nerds." He said finally.

       We all sa in the family room, Matt and I on the couch while the other brothers were spread out into different areas. The television was on and playing some show from Food Network, but nobody was paying much attention. 

       Matt and I had finally told the triplets (well, Bradley knew before, obviously) about him and I. You know, the fact that we were dating. That I was his girlfriend and he was my boyfriend- god, I love saying that. It never gets old. 

       They all took it pretty good. Actually, Eric seemed extremely happy, to be completely honest. The only problem was telling Ryan and Jack. More Jack than Ryan, but I was afraid to tell either of them nonetheless. 

       I was scared of how Jack would react. He had just went through a break up, and he was pretty upset over it. How would he handle another rejection? Could he handle it? Losing to his own brother? And on the otherhand, Ryan just scares me. 

       I laughed. "Shut up, Richard." I grinned. "You know I love you."

       Richard pulled a weird pose and smiled widely. "I know you do." He said loudly. He threw himself onto the couch. "So, when did he deflower you?"

       Matt just about chocked, his eyes widened and his face turned instantly red. I could feel his hands get sweaty, and I smiled. It was so cute when he got embarrassed! How could I not smile! The little dork.

       Eric made a disgusted face at Richard and Bradley rolled his eyes.

       "You're horrible, you know that?" Eric said with his eyebrows raised. "Really, truly horrible."

       Richard shrugged. "Oh well," He said, resting his feet on the coffee table. "I still get more girls then you."

       Eric cocked an eyebrow. "I'm okay with that," He stated.

       "Well, well, well." Another voice sounded into the room, and everyone turned to look at the new guest. "What do we have here?"

       Ryan slowly stepped into the room, his arms folded across his chest. He leaned back onto the wall, his eyes never leaving Matt and I. I swear, right then in that moment, my stomach fell right out of my asshole. 

       If Matt was nervous before, he sure as hell was now. Even though Matt was the second oldest, he was scared of his little brothers. But I don't really blame him; Ryan was pretty scary when he wanted to be. What I was most concerned about right now was Matt; he was like a dog. If you scare them too much, they'll pee. And I'm sort of wondering when Matt's gonna piss his clothes. 

       I heard Eric mumble a low "Well...", before standing up and making his way towards another exit. "I ain't got no time for this." I heard him call as he made his way down the hallway.

       Richard slowly slid off the couch and onto the floor. He made a weird noise that was the mixture of a sigh and a squeal. Nobody said anything as he began to crawl away from the couch and out the door after Eric. He made one last little yell before he was totally out of our sight.

       Bradley turned to me and shrugged. "I don't think I can beat that." He said and he stood, shoving his hands into his sweater pocket and brushing past Ryan, clapping his shoulder as he walked by. I had to admit; that boy had some guts.

       Now it was just me, Matt and Ryan. You could practically feel the tension in the air.

       I had so many questions. Like, why does Ryan care so much? What does it matter who I choose? Surely he knows I would never had picked him? Why was I so scared of him? He's just an asshole, not a psycho.

       Ryan slowly made his way to the couch opposite of us, sitting himself down; without breaking eye contact, I might add. He was doing everything painfully slow, like he knew we were dying inside.

       He folded his legs. "Explain." It wasn't a question, but a demand.

       "The thing is..." Matt replied the same time I stated "Okay, so..."

       Ryan rolled his eyes. "One at a time, children." He said playfully. "No need to rush."

       I took a deep breath. "I chose Matt." I infomed Ryan. Matt squeezed my hand and I squeezed back. "And nothing you're about to say or do is going to change my decision. I have made up my mind and I'm sticking to it. So I suggest you get over it."

       God, what was it about telling Ryan off that gets me feeling so empowered.

       But I brace myself for yelling nonetheless. Maybe some screaming, crying, whining. He might even break a thing or two if he's in that mood. But I don't know; Ryan is a mystery to me and everyone else.

       Ryan made a slight nod. He looked like he was thinking it over, choosing his next words carefully. "Him?" He asked finally. Here we go... "You chose Matt? Over me? What is wrong with you!" 

       I sighed. Really, Ryan? After that talk I had with you, and you're still acting like a stuck up asshole? This boy seriously needs to smarten up and grow up. He cannot act like a whiney child for the rest of his life. He needs to learn. 

       "I don't know why you hate me so much!" He cried. "I thought I was a nice guy! I did everything for you!"

       I rolled my eyes. "Ryan..." I sighed.

       Ryan's mouth spread into a shit-eating grin. He began to chuckle as he sat back into the couch. "I could give a rat's ass about you choosing Matt over me." He smiled. "I'm actually reallly happy for you two. Two dorks in love; how adorable."

       Matt visibly relaxed and I shook my head, smirking back at Ryan. "You're so cruel." I replied, folding my arms. "That wasn't very nice! You actually got me there for a minute."

       Ryan shrugged. "I'm a great actor." He said. Ah yes, classic Ryan. Always so modest and kind; a true gentleman of our nation. God bless.

       Matt laughed. "You handled that well. I expected more... yelling."

       "I'm not the one who's going to be yelling." Ryan scoffed, folding his arms and raising his eyebrows. "Good luck telling Jack."

       "Could luck telling me what?" Jack asked; he had just entered the room unnoticed.

       I swear, my stomach actually did fall out of my asshole just in that moment. 

// author's note //

heyheyhey pls be sure to check out my new book, three dumb guys.

thanks so much and i lvoe you all xx

// author's note //