Chapter Seven

After a long day at school, I slammed my book bag down on the counter with so much force I hoped the books inside might just break... Is that even possible?

       Jake looked up from his book and cocked an eyebrow. He was always home before me since he always drove himself to and from school, and insisted that he could not give me a ride (even though he'd offer Carrie one whenever she was near).

       "So I'm guessing you had fun at school today." He said dully.

       I narrowed my eyes. "Loads." I replied.

       The two tests I had to do today had certainly brought down my once happy mood. And finding out I only got a 68 on the biology test really did not help. Or the fact that I had gym class today; man, I hate gym. 

       Oh, not to mention Ryan asked me out continuously throughout the day. I said no, of course. One date was enough with that boy. If I had to hear one more time about his achievements, I would just kill myself.

       "Well, it's about to get a whole lot better." Jake informed me.

       I glanced at him questioningly as I took the seat across from him. "And why is that?"

       Jake shrugged. "Both mom and dad will be available for dinner tonight. And you know what that means;" He stopped for dramatic effect. "A family dinner."

       I scowled.

       It's not like I hated my mom and dad or anything; it was quite the opposite, really. I absolutely love and adore them. It's just that my parents are... wacky. 

       I know that sounds like a really weird way to describe your parents, but in my case, it was sure as hell true. We all complain about our parents being completely crazy or insane. However, my mom and dad are completely and utterly crazy and insane

       One of my earliest memories was my dad shoving mud down my brother's pants. When he was only a toddler, might I add. 

       "I know." Jake said. "I'm so excited, too." He put down his book. "And maybe we could tell them about the Hendersons, hmm? I bet that'd be a great conversation over the dinner table."

       My eyes widened. "Don't you dare!" I said sternly.

       Sure, my parents are a pretty chill group of people. But if they ever heard about these six guys trying to take my virginity; they would freak. I would be locked up in my room and never allowed to see the outside world ever again. They are very protective.

       Jake shrugged. "I don't know," He said. "Maybe I'll tell them, maybe I won't. Who knows?"

       "And who knows if I'll tell Carrie about the time you printed out a picture of her and kissed it so many times you left a hole where the mouth should be."

       Jake's cheeks instantly reddened at the memory. "You wouldn't." He said, looking straight into my eyes.

       I knew Jake would not risk looking like a fool in front of Carrie. And besides, if I actually did tell her about this (yes, it did actually happen), she would avoid Jake like he's wild fire.

       I shrugged. "I don't know."

       "Fine, fine!" Jake said, scowling. "I won't tell mom and dad about the Hendersons."

       "Now that's a good boy." I said, patting his head as I walked passed him.

       Jake muttered some curse words under his breath and picked his book back up.