Please Just Listen

Hi guys, so this is gonna have a lot of trigger warnings. Like depression and cutting. This chapter is gonna be about depression and some of the signs that I experience through it cause that's the only way I could express it the way I would like so if that bothers you, please don't read this chapter.

And don't forget that if you go through anything where it makes you suicidal please remember that there's always something good comes out of everything. There are people that care about you so much even me, and I don't know any of you on a personal level but I care about your wellbeings. Please take care of yourselves:)

3rd Person

(Y/n) and Quentin sat at the small dining table they had in their shared apartment. (Y/n) had made pork chops, with the little help of her boyfriend. They chatted softly as they ate, mostly about each other's workday. (Y/n) placed her fork down on the plate that was still almost full of food. She had only eaten a few bites of the meat and a bit more of the vegetables that sat on the plate.
"You good hun?"
Quentin asked, puzzled by the action. She usually ate quicker than he did.
"Yeah, I just had a big lunch today."
She answered dejectedly, staring down at the plate. Of course, she was lying. Something was wrong but she couldn't even say what it was. If she took another bite she was going to throw up, even looking at the food made her throat tighten.
"Alright."
He spoke, finishing the rest of his plate in silence. The two cleaned up the small table, (Y/n) putting away the leftovers and Quentin cleaning off the dishes they used. Quentin tried to study his girlfriend from the corner of his eye. He could feel the change in the mood around her. When he came up she was smiling and joking around while she whined about making dinner. Now, her (e/c) eyes seemed like the dulled themselves from that happy mood.
"I'm going to go to bed. Goodnight."
(Y/n) said quickly, noticing how Quentin looked at her. She couldn't get into anything with him, it wasn't right of her to make him deal with her problems. His eyes widened slightly and she slammed the door behind her. Quentin blinked as he stared at the now-closed door. He couldn't just let her stay in there but he didn't want to push her to talk because that never gets anywhere. (Y/n) stood at the door, listening to see if he was coming to the door. Not hearing any signs of someone coming closer, she rubbed her head and laid onto the bed they shared. Everything hit her as she laid there. The fact that she wasn't smart enough to even comprehend the mechanics behind half of the things Quentin built, or that she wasn't even pretty enough to be with him. Even with all these negative thoughts, she couldn't feel anything. She wasn't sad and she didn't feel the heartache she usually had in her chest when she got like this. (Y/n) just stared at the dresser across from the bed. Her mind running with different explanations on what was wrong with her. She couldn't even feel the urge to cry. All she did was lay there, her (h/c) hair sprawled across the pillows. She sat up slightly, thinking of more ways to not feel empty, to at least feel something again. Quentin still stood in the kitchen, but now he was just thinking about how to approach (Y/n). He sighed softly and ran a finger through his slicked-back hair, raking it out slightly. He gathered himself and slowly walked towards the door. His hand slowly knocked on the doorframe.
"(Y/n)? Can I come please?"
He asked through the door. There was no response.
"Hun?"
He called again with worry lacing his voice. Again, no response. Quentin pushed through the door and glanced around the room. (Y/n) wasn't in there.
"Shit."
He mumbled softly, then he saw that the connected bathroom light was on. His feet moved towards the threshold quickly without him even thinking. (Y/n) was sitting on the counter, with her shorts pulled up to the beginning of her thighs. Her hand was shaking as she held a small razor blade in her hand. Quentin's eyes flicked back and forth between the blade and her legs, small marks made themselves apparent on her legs. Without another thought, Quentin was standing in front of her holding the wrist of her hand that was holding the blade. She didn't even resist him, she just stared in front of her.
"(Y/n), how long have you been doing this?"
He whispered out, slowly taking the blade out of her fingers without cutting her or himself. He watched as probably for the first time his girlfriend broke. Tears fell down her cheeks like a small waterfall. He hadn't seen her cry like this except for when they first moved in and she dropped one of his grandmother's glass cups and shattered it.
"I-I can't take it anymore!"
She said through tears. He placed the razor away from her and wrapped his arms around her small body gently like if he placed too much pressure on her, she would break like glass. (Y/n) quickly clung onto his body.
"I just wanted to feel something again.."
She hiccuped through her cries. Quentin sighed softly and laid his head on hers. Why didn't he notice any of this before? He watched her get worse and worse every day but never said anything.
"(Y/n) what's making you think that you need to hurt yourself to feel again?"
He asked softly, pulling himself away slightly. She looked down, avoiding his gaze.
"I'm not good enough for you..I've thought about it so much that it no longer hurts me. I've grown so used to the same pain that it bothers me not to feel.."
She mumbled gripping his shirt. The male sighed softly, rolling the shorts back down to their normal length, they hid the cuts perfectly. His eyebrows furrowed and she whimpered softly, noticing how his face changed.
"Love, you're perfect for me. If I didn't love everything about you, what would be the point of moving in with you and planning our lives together?"
He smiled softly as she shrugged her shoulders.
"Out of pity."
She said and let go of him. He picked her up and walked over to the bed, turning off the light as he exited.
"No, I love you with all of my heart. I plan on staying with you for as long as I can."
He said and laid down, laying her next to him. He turned on his side and the smaller girl into his chest, holding her there.
"Please just listen to my heart. Listen to the rhythm that it makes for you, only you. No one else."
(Y/n) laid her head on his chest doing as he said, listening to the beat of his heart. It calmed her down slightly and with the crying combined; it made her exhausted. Her eyes slowly closed and she slowly fell asleep in his arms. Quentin sighed softly and ran his fingers through her hair.
"I'm so sorry, hun."