Rivals

"Whatever he does, you need to do it better."
"Yes, mother." 
I said softly, reading a book that taught me engineering. My mother sat next to me, staring at Quentin Beck, who was holding a box filled with robotics and engineering contents. I glanced up to see his father, glaring at me slightly. My mother growled softly and I watched as his dad pushed on his back towards the exit of the library. 
"Father I forgot to get a book on wiring."
"Fine, go get it."
Quentin put the box down and ran towards the books. 
"Mother, I need to go to the bathroom."
"Hurry up."
I shot up from my seat and quickly paced over to the book towards the bathroom. I felt a body and I huffed out a breath as I hit the floor. The person that I hit also fell, but on top of me. I stared up. It was him. Quentin Beck. The one person if anyone in my family saw, they would kill the two of us.
"I'm so sorry." 
I whispered softly. 
"Not a problem darling. I didn't know you would be here."
He whispered back. I shrugged. 
"You should've known my parents would make me start to get into robotics."
"I had to get back at you for making me learn the violin."
I giggled softly and pushed on his chest. He stood up and grabbed my hand, pulling me up. He grabbed a book. 
"How about we meet tonight, normal spot?"
He asked. 
"8:30"
I responded and started walking back towards my desk. I sat down and picked up my book and glanced up at Quentin walking by me again. He caught my gaze and winked at me before picking up the box. He walked out with his father and I looked back. Tonight was gonna be fun.
"Let's go." 
"Of course, mother."
We stood up and walked out of the library and to the car. We got in and drove towards the house. I walked up to my room when we got home and sat down on my bed. I smiled and glanced at my violin. 

"You just had to get into this didn't you??"
"Yeah now shut up and put the violin on your shoulder."
He sighed and placed the instrument on his shoulder and held the bow up. I walked over to him and held his hand placing the bow onto the instrument. I explained to him all the cords and the notes. It took up at least an hour, the moonlight was the only way we could see. After we were done we sat on the hill, overlooking the lake. 
"Thank you. I know we're supposed to hate each other but, I really appreciate this."
"Yeah, I know how it feels for your parents to utterly despise you because of skill."
He looked over at me connecting his blue eyes with my (e/c) ones. He smiled and grabbed both of my hands, holding them.
"(Y/n), you make me so happy. Even with these little meetings in secret, I feel so much safer and better with you." 
I giggled at him.
"Well, in your luck, you don't have to be better at explaining your feelings to me."
He smiled as he leaned closer. One of his hands left mine and held the side of my face. My stomach started fluttering and I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. I watched his eyes flick down to my lips and the back to my gaze. I smiled softly as I leaned forward and closed the gap between us. It felt like fireworks. Our lips moved in sync with each other. I smiled into the kiss and placed my hands on his chest. He slowly pulled back and looked back into my eyes. 
"(Y/n).."
He spoke softly. I shook my head and kissed him again, pushing him down slightly. He fell backward but held onto me so we were still close together. I pulled back and glanced up at him.
"We should probably go home darling."
Beck rubbed my cheek with his finger. My eyes trailed down to the grass and I leaned into his hand. 
"We can do this again."
I nodded, moving off of him. He smiled and standing up. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up.
"Goodnight darling."
He kissed my forehead before walking towards his house.
"Goodnight."
I sighed softly.

I stared at the clock, 7:30, only 30 minutes until I could leave. My mind raced as I stared at the ceiling. I looked at the book I had. I grabbed it and started to read it again. 
"Stupid robotics.."
I mumbled. It felt like an hour but it finally came the time for me to leave. I looked out my room and listened, everything was silent so everyone was asleep. I smiled and opened the window, slipping out. I quickly walk towards the hill. Quentin was already there standing with the box he had from the library next to him. I ran behind him and clung onto him. 
"Oh hello." 
He huffed out. I giggled.
"Hello."
I said as he turned around. I stood on the tips of my toes and puckered my lips out. He chuckled and leaned closer, giving me a quick peck.
"Let's actually do something first."
He said and nodded his head towards the box.
"Yeah okay."
I giggled. We sat there for at least an hour while he taught me about the engineering and building of everything robotic. I stared at him as he talked to me with full love and dedication into this topic. His eyes were lit with joy while he picked up some of the smaller robots he made when he was younger and explained to me how he built it and how it worked. I smiled and moved closer to him. I leaned on his shoulder and closed my eyes. 
"Are you still listening? Am I rambling?"
I heard him say and opened my eyes. He was looking down at me.
"No, you're really cute talking about this. I'm just tired."
I said softly. He smiled and caught my lips in a kiss. I leaned closer to him and smiled. He pulled back and ran his fingers through my hair. 
"Maybe you should go, so you can sleep."
I nodded and stood up. 
"We can meet tomorrow."
I said softly. Quentin nodded and stood up. I started walking back to my house.
"Hey (Y/n)!"
I turned back around.
"I love you!"
He called out and my cheeks burned. He smiled brightly.
"I love you too!"
I said back and giggled before walking away