Flowers Part 2

I've been in the hospital for a few days. Just to make sure everything with the surgery was fine and I didn't have any bad reactions. My mom was sitting next to me holding my hand.
"I'm glad I don't even remember who cause this. It was probably someone stupid."
I huffed out and leaned back. My mom looked up at me.
"You two have been best friends since you were little kids. Just a normal thing that would happen between two growing kids that knew everything about each other."
She said and I shrugged my shoulders. The doctor came in to tell me I was released and I could go home. We got all the stuff that I needed and walked out. It felt different like something was missing. We got in the car and she drove to my apartment. It was a silent ride. No words were spoken, just the soft singing of the radio that would get interrupted by commercials or the hosts. She parked the car and I got out.
"Thanks, mom. I'll text you if anything happens."
"I love you."
"Love you too."
I closed the door and walked up to my apartment. I grabbed my keys and reached to unlock the door. I heard mumbling from a person and someone else with some rustling like something was moving around. I blinked and stared at the door. Slowly turning the key and quietly opening the door. A man stood next to the kitchen table and Dakota was sitting on the couch.
"Beck she's here."
Dakota said as she looked at me, then turned her gaze back towards her phone. The man quickly turned towards me and smiled.
"(Y/n)! You're okay!"
He exclaimed and walked over to me and stretched his arms out for a hug.
"Um yeah..but what are you doing in my house and who are you?
I said moving past him. He stood there and his smile dropped.
"Oh yeah.."
He mumbled.
"Um, nothing we just wanted to drop off a get better gift. Come on Dakota."
Dakota stood up and walked towards the door, glaring at me while she passed. I blinked and turned back around.
"And here's the key you gave me too."
The man said and placed it on the counter before walking out. Dakota closed the door and I blinked. I turned my head and there was a small cake on the table.

Quentin's POV

I walked down back to my car. Dakota followed me.
"I could've told you she liked you."
She spoke up while I unlocked the car. I looked at her and she got in and so did I.
"How?"
"Beck are you really that stupid? Didn't you even pay attention to her face when you told her we were dating?"
She stared at me and I gripped the steering wheel.

I slung my arm over her shoulder and pulled her closer. Dakota smiled and reached out for (Y/n)'s hand. She slowly grabbed it, shaking it.
"Hi (Y/n). It's great to meet you, Beck talks all the time about you guys as kids."
Dakota giggled and I smiled more. (Y/n)'s eyes dropped the brightness it usually had. She pulled her hand away from Dakota. I watched as her eyes started to get glassy.
"Nice to meet you too. Beck I gotta go. My mom called and asked me to come help with her packing."
"Oh does she need help? I can come too."
I suggested and Dakota turned her head slightly to look away. (Y/n) shook my head, holding her arm to her side.
"Here, I didn't you were bringing someone but I bought tickets already for the two of us. You can use them."
She said softly handing me the movie tickets she bought. I thought I told her that I was bringing someone. 
"(Y/n).."
"It's fine, we can reschedule."
She forced a smile and hugged me awkwardly and waved goodbye to us. Dakota was smiling and waved back. My eyes flicked back and forth scanning her face. I was trying to find something to say to make her feel better. She quickly pushed past me and walked off.  

"She was hurt and that was the final straw."
I whispered out. Dakota sighed and leaned back into the seat.
"Can you take me home please."
"Yeah of course."
She looked out the window and crossed her arms. It was a quiet ride. All I could think about was (Y/n). The fact that I caused her to lose so much. I never wanted to hurt her and the way I did that hurt her even more. I parked the car in front of Dakota's house.
"Bye. Love you."
She quickly said and got out, slamming the door.
"Love you too.."
I said softly and waited for her to get inside before driving back to my house.
"I'm so stupid.."
I mumbled. Now (Y/n) doesn't even remember me or anything about us. Everything was gone. I couldn't even make it right. I felt tears fall down my face. I changed the direction I was going to. I sighed as I parked and saw the 'For Sale' sign sitting in the law. I turned and saw my old house and smiled before walking up to the door. I knocked on the door and stood there waiting. (Y/n)'s mom opened the door and smiled at me.
"Hey, Beck."
"Hey, is there a way for me to even fix anything with (Y/n)?"
She blinked when I asked and the moved away from the door, inviting me in. I slowly walked in and sat on the couch. She sat next to me and grabbed a photo album handing it to me.
"She can't love anymore Beck."
"I know but I can't stand the fact that she doesn't remember me."
I whispered and opened the book. It was filled with pictures of us as kids. I smiled as I stared at one. We were in my old treehouse, she was wearing a princess dress while I had a makeshift knight costume on. I was holding a foam sword and shield.
"Her favorite picture of you two was this one."
Her mom flipped the book and it was a picture of us when we were in high school. (Y/n) was laying on my lap asleep and I had my face in a book like I usually did with my hand in hers. I blinked and looked at it.
"I don't remember holding her hand.."
I looked up at her mom. She rolled her eyes.
"You were the one that insisted she lay on your lap to take a nap. Then when she fell asleep she started having a bad dream so you grabbed her hand. She stopped twitching and whimpering after that."
She said and flipped the page.
"And she insisted that you guys went to your junior prom together since neither of you had dates. Beck she's liked you for so long and you didn't even notice."
I blinked and stared at the prom pictures where we were goofing off in our outfits. My phone vibrated and I looked down at it. It was Dakota.

Dakota: I think we should stop seeing each other. It's probably for the best right now.

I sighed and dropped my phone. Her mom looked at me and rubbed my shoulder.
"She didn't want you to know about any of this though. She didn't want to get the surgery either. She was hoping you would see everything before it got worse."
I flipped through the pages and sighed.
"I used to love everything about her when we were in high school. I still do, but I was so scared if I tried anything it would mess up our friendship...I tried to get over it but I couldn't for almost a year during college when I didn't see her at all. I was for sure I was gonna get it too. I never did though.."
"Because she loved you back."
She said softly.
"Beck you really are oblivious to girls arent you?"
She giggled softly, grabbing the book from me and flipping to another page with our graduation pictures. There was a picture of me and her. (Y/n) was looking at me with such a bright eye looked. I was smiling and holding our diplomas together. I stared at her face. Noticing how she looked at me in every photo. I really am oblivious. Shes liked me for that long and I totally ignored it.