Flowers

So this is about the Hanahaki Disease and that's, for those of you that don't know, a fictional disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from. It ends when they return their feelings (romantic love only; strong friendship is not enough), or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear, and/or their memories of the loved one:)

"Hey (Y/n)!"
I turned my head towards my best friend, Quentin Beck. He had a bright smile matching his blue eyes. 
"Hey, Beck." 
He wrapped his arms around my waist and hugged me tightly. I smiled and laid my head on his shoulder. Another girl walked up behind him. He pulled away from me and the girl walked next to him. She had blonde shoulder-length hair and hazel eyes. 
"I wanted you to meet Dakota (If that's your name you can change it)"
He slung his arm over her shoulder and pulled her closer. She smiled and reached out for my hand. I slowly grabbed it, shaking it. 
"Hi (Y/n). It's great to meet you, Beck talks all the time about you guys as kids."
She giggled and Beck smiled more. My stomach dropped as I put two and two together. They're dating. This is like the 3rd girl since October. He's not the easiest person for some people to deal with. I smiled, feeling the hurt in my chest again.
"Nice to meet you too. Beck I gotta go. My mom called and asked me to come help with her packing."
"Oh does she need help? I can come too."
He suggested and Dakota turned her head slightly to look away. I shook my head, holding my arm to my side. 
"Here, I didn't know you were bringing someone but I bought tickets already for the two of us. You can use them."
I said softly handing him the movie tickets I had. 
"(Y/n).."
"It's fine, we can reschedule." 
I smiled and hugged him awkwardly and waved goodbye to them. Dakota was smiling and waved back. Beck's eyes flicked back and forth scanning my face. He was trying to find something to say I could tell. I quickly walked off. I could feel the tears welling in my eyes, which is probably why Quentin was staring at me. I wiped my eyes with my jacket sleeve. I quicked my pace trying to get to my car. I started coughing and I grabbed my keys, unlocking the small car, getting in. I kept coughing and I felt something come up. My eyes widened as I moved my hand seeing a white rose petal. 
"Nono please.." 
I whispered staring at it. It was really happening. I heard stories about these flowers but I never thought it would really happen. I started the car and drove to my mom's house. I coughed more and two more petals came out. 
'You can't keep this from her.'
I thought as I stopped and stayed in New York traffic. I sighed and grabbed the flowers, shoving them into the cupholder. I picked up my phone and dialed my mom's number. 
"Hey, sweetie."
She said as she picked up. 
"I'm coming over. I have it...like you said.."
I said softly, but loud enough so the phone picked it up from my car. She sighed.
"I told you if you didn't get over him; it would happen."
She stated. I cried softly. 
"I'll talk to you when you get here. Love you baby girl."
She hung up and I leaned back in the chair, biting my lip. I rubbed my tears, looking at the cars in front of me. 

Time Skip

I grabbed the petals that collected in my cupholder and walked into my old childhood house. My eyes tried to hide the For Sale sign that hung up in the front lawn. I opened the door and walked in. 
"Mom?"
I called out. 
"In the kitchen!"
Her voice echoed throughout the house. I walked towards the kitchen and she turned to look at me. I hand my hand that held the petals out towards her and looked down. She sighed and grabbed them. 
"Has there been any blood?" 
I shook my head, leaning on the counter. She threw the petals in the trash and looked at me. 
"What happened today? I thought you were going to tell him."
"I was but he brought a girl, Dakota, they're dating. I forgot he said he was bringing someone for me to meet."
"I'm so sorry (Y/n)"
I shook my head and coughed more. I stumbled over to the sink as I coughed and thew up the petals into the sink. My eyes widened as I saw the red tainted on the white flower. My mom ran up behind me and gasped as she looked down. 
"I-I don't want to die.."
"(Y/n), you know that means you'll have to forget him."
Tears slipped down my cheeks as I stared at the flowers. 
"Maybe he'll break up with her..his relationships haven't been lasting anyways."
"You might not even have that enough time to waste. He's gonna find out about it sooner or later."
My mom stated and picked up the petals, wiping the blood that was in the sink. I nodded and stared at the sink.
'I never thought this would happen'

Time Skip:)

It's been a few weeks since this all started and it's only gotten worse. I haven't seen Beck and we've only just talked on the phone like little school girls, talking until Dakota started to get mad. I didn't tell him about any of this. All I've said when he's asked why I'd cough so much on the phone was that I had a cold. 
"(Y/n), you've had that cold for like two weeks. Are you sure that's all it is?"
"Yeah, I just haven't taken any medicine lately. I ran out and I just haven't gone to get more."
I said as I coughed petals into the trashcan. He sighed.
"Well don't die on me please?"
He chuckled trying to lighten the mood. I giggled softly. 
"Of course not without taking you with me."
I smiled wiping the blood that trailed down my cheek from the recent petals. 
"Alright, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later."
"Bye"
He hung up and I sighed. 
"I love you.."
I mumbled out before dialing the doctor's phone number.
"I love you a lot but not enough to kill myself.."
Tears fell down my cheeks as the phone rang. Then his voice appeared.
"Are we doing it."
"Yeah.."
I choked out. 
"Alright, come in tomorrow." 
"Thank you."
I hung up and texted my mom. Telling her about tomorrow. I crawled into my bed in my small apartment and held my pillow close to me, staining it with my tears. This is the last time I'll even remember him. My chest hurt so much. I couldn't even handle it. I started crying harder, closing my eyes and tried to sleep. Soon everything faded as I fell into sleep.

Time Skip Brought To You By Third Times A Charm:)

I laid in the hospital bed. My mom stood next to me. I sighed and picked my phone up. 

Beck: Hey your mom said you were in the hospital. you okay?
(Y/n)?
Alright, I'll just come. see you in a bit.

"You told him.."
I choked out. She sighed and nodded. The doctor walked into the room and looked at my mom. I smiled and looked at her. 
"Can we wait for someone. I never said bye properly.."
I spoke softly. 
"Yeah of course."
He said softly and walked out. A few minutes later Beck ran into the room. He made his way over to me and held my hand. 
"Hey, dork."
He said softly. I glanced over as Dakota walked into the room. I looked back into his blue eyes and smiled.
"Hey."
"I told you to go get medicine."
He chuckled softly and I laughed before I started coughing. I cover my mouth and coughed out more petals and some blood. Beck looked at me worriedly as I pulled my hand down. 
"Y-You.."
I nodded and pulled my hand away from his grip. He stared at me and looked at the petals. 
"(Y/n) wh-"
"Ms. (Y/L/n), we have to start." 
The doctor said and my mom grabbed Beck's shoulder pulling him away from me. He stared at me as he walked out. 
"You made flowers grow in my lungs and, I can't breathe because of you..I'm not dying for you.."
I spat and his eyes widened
"Wait (Y/n)!" 
That was the last thing I heard him say to me.