I'm Here to Save You

I just got off the plane at JFK airport. I called Big T.

"Sup Leiya!"
"Hi Big T"
"You just got off the plane ?"
"Yes! I'm walking towards baggage claim now."
"Did you receive my text about which hospital and all that?"
"Yes! Thank you."
"Ok!... Matter of fact I was going to meet you at the hospital but I'll make it easier for you and come pick you up."
"Thank you so much!"
"I should be there in about 10 mins. I'm already in the car."
"Ok! I'll be waiting outside."
I saw my bag and picked it up. I walked outside and in 2 mins I saw Big T. He got out the car and put my luggage in the trunk. We both got in the car.
"Thank you!"
"No Problem. I know August will be very happy to know you came as soon as you heard."
"Yeaaah! I just pray he gets well soon."
"Yeah man! It was crazy. He be grindin so hard that his body couldn't take it anymore."
"That shit was scary man!"
We pulled up to the hospital and parked. We walked inside the building and the lady at the front desk already knew what we were here for.
"Here for August."
"Yes Ma'am!" I said.
"Here is your visiting pass."
"Her and Sneak will be the only ones always in the room with August." Big T said.
"Alright! Just don't make it too obvious like walking back and forth out of the room. They don't really like all of that."
"Got it!" I smiled.
I put the sticker on my leather jacket as we walked down the hallway to the elevator. We walked into the elevator and at this point my heart was beating quickly. This reminded me of a similar situation all over again.
"Relax lil mama!" He laughed.
"Sorry!" I giggled
"Yungin is a survivor. He will be back to his normal self. Just believe in him and God."
"Your right! It just hurts."
"Who you tellin ?!"
We walked down to his room door and he knocked. Sneak opened the door.

"Sup Sneak!"
"What up T?!"
"This is Leiyana or Leiya but I call her Lei." We all laughed.
"I'm Sneak, nice to finally meet you." I smiled,
"Thank you! Same goes for you as well."
I shook his hand.
They continued talking and I walked over to August. I just stood there and stared at his precious face. I felt a huge lump in my throat and my eyes started tingle meaning I was about to drop a few tears but I held them back. It really hurt me to see him like this. The face mask, head bandage, hooked up to IV's had me overwhelmed. I touched his hand and rubbed my thumb across the top of it. I stepped back and sat in the chair.
"I'm about to go get some food. I'll be back." Big T said.
"Alright!"
"You want anything Lei?"
"I don't have an appetite right now."
"Alright! I'll be back."
It was silent for a minute. I was just staring him until Sneak broke the silence.
"You really care about him huh ?"
I looked at Sneak.
"Yeah...and it's hella weird because I've only known him for about 2 months and we hung out twice. That shit is weird to me."
"I feel you! Aug is the same way. I hear a lot about you." I smiled.
"Hopefully all good things."
"Trust! If it wasn't good you wouldn't be here." I just looked at him then looked away like that Waka Flocka pic.
"Uhhhh, thanks."
"I didn't mean it in a bad. Yungin fucks wit you tough and I'm just making sure you got good intentions for him."
"I feel that! I'm the same way with myself. I don't do relationships cause I been fucked over by people who suppose to love me or when I do care or love someone something happens to them but that's a touchy topic I don't want to speak on right now."
"Understood."
Sneak and I continued our conversation. He is a pretty cool dude. I see why August fucks with him. He was grillin me about my intentions with August. It was funny but I think that's hella dope that he cares. Big T dropped off some Popeyes.
"I bought you a 3 piece chicken strip meal just in case you got hungry."
"Thank you Big T!" I smiled.
"Your welcome! Imma head back to the hotel and get some rest for a bit. ABSOLUTELY nobody can come in here unless I bring them in. Don't let anyone know what hospital he is at. If they need to know they will go through me."
I nodded my head as confirmation that I heard. "And I talked to my connect. You can sleep here with Sneak but be lowkey." I smiled.
"Thank you so much!" I gave him a hug.
"You say thank you too much! If Aug fucks wit you. I do too." I laughed.
"My fault!"
"It's all good. I'll talk to y'all soon."
In the mean time I did my homework, stayed on social networks, read books on wattpad, conversations with Sneak. Every couple of mins I would just stare at August. He had a few scars on his face but he still looked perfect in my eyes. I showered in the bathroom and put on my pj's. They didn't have regular cable stations so I watched all my shows online. Netflix was also my best friend. I started to doze off but before I went to sleep. I kneeled on the side of August's bed and said a prayer for him.