Westcoast

4 years later (2014)

I am a senior at University of Southern California. My major is communications and minor in business. I want to become a radio/tv host in entertainment. When I first moved, it was a struggle in the beginning. I just believed in God, talked to my brother and told God what was going on in my prayers. I let God take control of the situation.

++++

"I'm soooo happy finals week is over. I can finally enjoy myself." I smiled as we both leave class to head towards the school parking lot. "Girrrl we deserve to go out and turn up." I laughed at Tyler. She always trynna turn up. "I don't mind going to a concert or something like that." I nodded in agreement. "I gotta buy my tickets to see August Alsina Testimony Live tour." I hopped up and started dancing. " His sexy ass. I'm in that thang." I shook my head. "I'm buying meet and greet tickets. I don't care how much they cost." She side eye me. "Girrrl you be doing too much." I looked at her. "You know he is my favorite artist and never got the chance to meet him. Chill! Your thirsty ass would do the same for Trey Songz" she screamed. " Girrrrrl! I would buy meet & greet and have him take me back to his hotel." She sticks her tongue out & starts twerking. I laughed. "Ratchet!" "You know it!" I shook my head. "I'll see you later Ty. Hmu so we can hangout or something."

Tyler and I have been friends for 3yrs. I met her our sophomore year. She is the inky person I became really cool with it besides my volleyball team. She is from Los Angeles so she made it easier for me to understand where everything is out here.

I pulled up into the driveway of my loft in Downtown LA. I walked in the house and went straight for the couch. I can finally relax! No studying whatsoever. I turned the Bluetooth on from my phone so it can connect to my surround sound and I can play music throughout the house. Ty$ - Lord Knows starts playing. I immediately started dancing until I got a phone call.

*answers phone*

Leiya: Hiiiiii Lil Bro

LJ: What it do ?!?!

Leiya: What you dooiiin ? *girl from Phineas & Ferb voice*

LJ: Your annoying. I'm about to get ready and go to grad night.

Leiya: Ayyyee! Have fun. Be safe

LJ: I won't. *starts laughing* I was just calling to say I miss you and can't wait to see you this weekend.

Leiya: Don't make me punch you when I see you. I miss you too. I can't wait! We turnin up when I touch down!

LJ: Ayyyeee! Well I gotta go now sis.

Leiya: Ok enjoy

LJ: Leiya I love you! POP

Leiya & LJ: Hold It Diinne

We both started crackin up.

Leiya: Talk to you later

I can't wait to see my brother. The last time I saw him was a couple months ago for his spring break and now he is graduating. Time really flies. I decided to cook dinner and invite Tyler over. Let me text her.

7:05pm

Leiya: Dinner at my house ? 😌

Ty: As long as your making your infamous shrimp and chicken Alfredo pasta 😫

Leiya: Of course! That's what I was thinking.

Ty: I'll bring the wine! Be there in 20 mins.

Leiya: ok 😋

20 mins later.

I hear a ring at the bell. I open it and Tyler is at the door. "Hey Bitch!" I sus faced her (😒) "Your annoying" She laughed. "I'm just kidding." I closed the door. "You better or no food for you!".

About 20 mins later

The food was done and we started eating. "OMG! Your food is always delicious. Why are you single?!" I laughed. "Thank you! You know I'm not the relationship type. Well I'm not ready. I just be wanting to chill and focus on me." She shook her head. "Hmm! I need me a nigga who will cater to me." I laughed. "Your too much!" I got up grabbed the plates and washed them. "I bought the meet and greet tickets to see August." I smiled. "I need to buy mine. How much are they?" "200$" she looked at me crazy. "Wtf! I better be on stage with that nigga if I'm paying that much." I laughed. "You don't have to go. Imma be turnt up and I already know people from my job will be there." She got up from the chair. "I guess I'll go because I can't miss you seeing your favorite artist for the first time." I smiled and hugged her. "Thanks Ty!" "No problem. Imma get going. I know you got work early in the morning." "You already know. Drive safe." "Will do! " I walked up stairs to my bathroom. I showered and did my hygiene. I got in my bed and immediately knocked out.

4am

I woke up and picked out my outfit for the day. I decided to wear my black pencil skirt high waisted stopped above my knees with a black crop top that says "Rare" and within the words it's colorful flowers, and the classic black and white high top vans. I love my style. Some days I'm really girly then other days I mix girly w/ tomboy. I hopped in the shower, did my hygiene and got dressed.

It's now 5am and I need to go to work. I have to be there by 5:40. I worked at a popular hip hop radio station Power 106. I work in the morning with Big Boy's neighborhood. I manage the station's music library and if the host need help with anything I will take care of it as well. I walked. outside to my car, I drive the white Kia Optima 2014. I got in the car and drove off to work. It took me 20-25 mins to get there. I got to work and today our special guest was Nick "Swaggy P" Young talking about the comments Donald Sterling made about the LA Clippers Basketball team, Relationship with Iggy Azalea and more.

12pm

Leaving work now and I need to go shopping and get a graduation gift for LJ. I decided to go down to Fairfax and shop for him because he is a sneakerhead and into popular street wear brands like Diamond, Dope, The Hundreds etc. and all those stores are down there. Every time he visits he goes crazy shopping out there. I smiled thinking about it.

I pulled up on Fairfax got out the car and went to Flight Club. I got him the Air Jordan 6 Retros "Defining Moments" & the Air Jordan 5 retro "Raging bull red suede". I walked down the street and went to Dope and bought him a black with white stitching Dope jersey to match his shoes. Now, I'm on the way home and I need to start packing. I leave Sunday for Virginia. I pull into the driveway and grab the bags. I get in the house, eat some left over food and start packing.

I hope your enjoying the book, your fav will be popping up soon 😌