Chpt. 1

~edited
Monday, 20th of October, 2014

I checked my backpack for the last time. I smiled to myself. Lola would be so happy with her gift!

Today was her birthday and me and the rest of my friends had the perfect gift for her. We had bought concerttickets for the Script, one of her favourite bands.

She had absolutely no clue about the whole plan! We had also prepared much more like hints leading towards the big present, a Harry Potter book that was actually Lola's but Naomi borrowed it, candy and a USB-stick with songs of the Script.

I closed the zipper and put my backpack on my back, said bye to my mother and yelled my sister again because she was so slow.

"Jaimee? Jaimeeeee!" I yelled.

"Wait! Just wait one more second!" She yelled back from upstairs. She probably was combing her hair, still.

"No, Jaimee. I'll wait for you in grandma's car!" I yelled back and closed the front door, walking towards the car of my grandmother. Normally we would take the bus, but today my grandma offered to bring us.

"Hi grandma!" I kissed her cheek when I entered the car and she greeted me back.

"Thanks for waiting." Jaimee huffed when she climbed in the back.

"You know you always have to wait for your sister, Mila." My grandmother said.

"WHO COMBES THEIR HAIR 5 MINUTES LONG!" I argued.

My gran turned towards Jaimee and said: "You shouldn't be too vain about your hair, young lady."

My sister rolled her eyes and grabbed a map.

The car ride didn't take too long, we were at school in 15 minutes.

"Thanks for driving us, grandma. Are you coming to get us this afternoon too?" I asked.

"Yes, Mila. I'll be here!" She took off and I crossed the street.

I reached the big courtyard of our school and found Liz, Katherine and Ella waiting for me and Naomi to arrive and prepare the gift.

"Hi guys! Are you just as nervous as I am?" I laughed.

"I am! Did you know I drew some nice drawings on the fake ticket?"Ella laughed

"I saw them. They are... pretty worth looking at!" Katherine laughed and Liz smiled.

"Let me see!" I demanded.

"No! What if Lola appears suddenly? Then the whole surprise is ruined!" Ella said and I rolled my eyes, although I got it.

"Okay." I answered.

Suddenly, something hard hit my shoulder and I jumped to the side.

"Sorry, my bad." Naomi had thrown her sporting bag into the circle of bags already lying on the ground.

"It's okay." I smiled. "So! Where is Lola? She should be here any minute now..." Naomi frowned.

"Yes, indeed. She's kind of late." Katherine said, scanning the courtyard. Maybe she had found someone else first and maybe that person was congratulating her on her birthday?

"Nope. No sign of Lola at all." Naomi said. I frowned.

"She can't be sick on her own birthday, can she?" Liz said sympathetically.

"No, she would've told us, right?" Ella argued.

"Yeah, I think so too." I nodded and then the bell rang.

"She's really late." I said once again to Ella and Liz, because they were in the same class as I was.

"I hate mathematics." I said when I entered the class room.

Second period was Greek and I had it with Katherine, Ella and Liz.

"Is Lola present already?" I whispered through the classroom.

"Yes, she came in the sports hall right after the bell rang. Something with Timothy." I nodded.

Timothy was her little half brother and I think he was in the third year of primary school? I don't know for sure.

After Greek, we had a break and we said our "happy birthdays" and "congratulations" to Lola. She looked kind of disappointed when she found out our gift was a book that was already hers. (that was our plan tho)

"No worries, Lola! We have a hint too!" As hints we had written down lyrics of songs of The Script.

"The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree?" She read out loud and we laughed. She had no clue.

It went on like that all day until around 3pm, we gave her her real present and she was both thrilled and shocked.

"You are serious? OH MY GOSH I AM GOING TO SEE THE SCRIPT! This is the best birthday present ever! I love you guys!" She screeched and we all laughed.

Lola has always been the most outgoing one in our group. She hugged us all and the bell rang again, indicating the last period was about to begin.

School ended and I was so grateful for that. Today has been fun but I was exhausted and I still had to study relatively much.

"How was school?" The signature question every parent asked their kids. If somebody were to ask you that question, I am so sorry. You were always expected to answer positively like saying it was amazing or it was fantastic.

"Same as always." I sighed and hurried upstairs to study. The sooner I started, the sooner I was done.

That evening wasn't really special, so I am not going to bother you by describing what I watched on television (although, the last episode I saw of Keeping Up With The Kardashians was kind of entertaining) or what I ate or when I fell asleep, because that is just not interesting for you.

AUTHORS NOTE

Hi guys! This is the first chapter of my new book! I'm sooooo excited because it is kind of based on something :D

Big love and I hope you all like it as much as I loved writing this!

Marie xoxo

PS Gif on the side is Mila :)