The End

Saturday
                                       17 Nov. 2019

Deep in my heart I know I will see you again.

I don't know where or when, but till then ADIOS....

*****************************

        I stood in front of Fr Rowland's grave and wept silently. He had finally died of Leukemia on the 17th of October,he was laid to rest on the 1st of November. I was here to say my final farewell to him as i was to travel to the states on Monday where i will be married to Ebube with the high hopes of having a forever happy ending with him.

              I miss Fr Rowland. The little times we had together, i miss his sense of humor,his meek nature,his laughter,his smiles and above all,his charisma.

              On his last mass the day he launched his book,he had talked about life not giving us a second chance and that a new dawn draws us to our end and so we should live it like it's our last day and moment because we don't know if it's gonna be the last time we may get to see each other. I never knew it would actually be the last time i would ever see him.

          I never had the opportunity of seeing him after that day,i was only able to see him at his funeral. It was as if he knew that I wasn't going to see him again,like it was going to be our last meeting. He didn't get to fulfil his promise but i will fulfill mine.

         I knew he said he had few days to live,but i had wanted to spend more time with him,to tell him that I too was enchanted by him,to let him know that he was justified if he fell for a woman.

         His biography was read on his funeral and i couldn't help but wonder how people knew him but knew very little. They knew him as the man who loved God,who helped the less privileged,who catered for the needy, who became a husband to the widows,a father to the fatherless,who had a listening ear for everyone,who smiled at people always,who had a lot of love  to give,and a fanatic.

      But they had failed to see the man behind the smiles,the laughter,the kindness,the love and the generosity. They didn't see the man who was actually atoning for the sins of his past. He was a friend to many,in such a little time he became my close companion.

            I Slowly dropped the flowers i held in my hands on his grave beside the many beautiful ones there already. I had inscribed a little note I had gotten from his book 'Not by justification' on which it reads.

        "I am lost,I am vain,
         I will never be the same
        without you".

         I prayed for his soul and that of Thelma Albert;his one weakness.

           I know I will miss you Fr Rowland,for you touched my life positively. If money can buy you then I will sell my gold. My heart is heavy,my blood is hot,my eyes are wet. But after the rain i believe comes the sun.

               I ask that you be my angel, that you protect me just like Thelma Albert did for you and i will forever have you in my heart and will always pray for you. Despite your past flaws, you are a rare gem and a man of season.

     "Adios fr Rowland Jamike Brown
      Adios my angel
      Adios my amiable Priest
     We will surely meet again"

        You have gone to rest in the bossom of your maker,the one who truly holds your heart,so till we meet to part no more,fare thee well,ADIOS......

                      In loving memory of
                    Msgr Ralph Amobi Nwosu
        *Keep resting among the stars*

    Watty,

             Those we love don't go away,they walk beside us every single day....

🤩😍😘