14

"How is your friend... What's his name again?"

       "Ebube"

       " Ebubedike? "

       " Non.... Ebubenna"

      " Nice name he got... How is he? "

       " He is just there Fr".

       " What?... Trouble in paradise? " He asked, finally smiling sheepishly

        " He is becoming bossy and egocentric.... Just thinking only for himself".

          " How?"

         " He wants us to get married ASAP...Says his parents is on his neck as the only child".

        " So?"

       " I'm not quiet ready Fr"

        " Why?"

       " Ahhh! Fr... Okay,i need to be sure that he truly loves me, at least the way Thelma loved you and not just some mere words".

         " Well,he loves you Antonia"

         "And you know this how Fr?... You have never met him"

          " I know that. But from what you have told me so far about him,i came to the conclusion that he loves you. Unconditionally,i might add".

            " To an extent". I argued.

         " Tonia...We all have our own way of loving. The way you feel for him might not be as strong as what he feels for you. The most important thing that matters a lot is that he loves you so much to want to try a family with you"  He said after a while.

        He continued " I don't know much about marriage,but i know that it's not always a bed of roses. But i believe that when a man is ready to share his worst moments or his best moments with one woman for the rest of his life, you should give him a chance,do not deny him that if you love him... No man is perfect,but the perfect one is one who is willing to be perfect my dear".

           " So don't lose this wonderful, beautiful one chance at love Anto. I want to grace your most precious day".

        Laughing happily,i said to him

      "Don't worry Fr,i heard you. You won't only grace it but you will wed us at his parish agreed?"

       " I'm getting weaker Tonia... I don't think i can wait till when you are ready. It might take you forever".

        " Noooo... I will say yes to him today,then we will fix the date and it's gonna be soon... So promise me"

        " Well,i think i can do that if only you can promise me too".

          " What fr.?"

         " That you will give him a chance with all of your heart"

           "I promise Fr. after all,i love him too".

          " Bien... I promise that i will wed the both of you".

           " Thanks Fr." 

           I said happily,giving him a hug... With him i felt an inner peace that only a God-like soul can give.

        "Anyways, I'm inviting you to my parish on Sunday". He said, disengaging himself from the hug.

          " This Sunday?" I asked.

          "Si"

             "Any special occasion?" I asked with curiosity.

              He stood up,dusted himself,took one last look at the grave and said to me.

          "I wrote a book titled 'Not by Justification' in memory of Thels and i will be launching it on Sunday. Also it  will probably be the last time i will be officiating a mass. I will retire soon,my sickness is getting me weaker these days Tonia"

           " Okay Fr... I will be there definitely and happy retirement in advance". I smiled up at him

          " Thanks Tonia,and you had better head home it's getting late. Remember you have a client to meet with by 8"  He waved his hand through my hair and walked away.

           "Bye Fr."

          "Adios Tonia"

         He replied and walked away with a smile lingering on his face. I felt him fulfilled and relieved of so much pains.

           FORGIVENESS MATTERS A LOT AND IT IS A PURE VIRTUE....LEARN IT😘

   *Faith Gerald*