15

Sunday
                                           15 Oct.2019
                                            2:46 pm

I wanna leave my footprints on the sands of time, know that was something that meant something that i left behind.

When i leave this world, I'll leave no regrets,leave something to remember so they won't forget that I WAS HERE...

*****************************
                       3 DAYS LATER

         "Ite missa est"  I finally heard Fr Rowland end the mass in Latin.

         "Deo Gratias". We all chorused,making the sign of the cross.

           Yes i wasn't a Catholic but i had Fr Rowland who taught me some catholic doctrines and my fiancee too, Ebubenna is a catholic. So yes,i know my way around.

         Thirty minutes later,i saw Fr Rowland coming out from the church and i went to meet him when he signaled for me.

             "How are you Thels?"

               " Name's Tonia Fr."

                 "Oohh  sorry...For a while i saw her in you...How are you?"

                   " I'm fine Fr. Your homily brought tears to my eyes".

              " I'm glad it did...Thanks for coming,i appreciate. You bought the book?".

        " Yes i did. I had to,it contains so many words in one volume".

        " Bien...Okay, Tonia,if you will excuse me dear,i need to go in now. I feel very weak and sick".

      " Not a problem Fr...But I'd like you to know that Ebube and i have fixed our wedding for the 5th of December this year... The traditional is in two weeks time"

            " Woah! I believe that congratulations are in order then, that's lovely... I'm glad you did listened to your heart"

           " Si...And you made a promise to me Fr."

            " Which is?"

             " That you will wed us"

         "Si... Of course i remembered. Forgive me dear,i tend to unintentionally forget a lot of things these days"

         " But not to worry,i will remember this one. I will wed you. I made a promise and if  God permits i will surely keep it".

        " Thanks Fr"

          " You are welcome... I need to go now,i will see you around soon"

              " Okay Fr...Bye."  He stared at me for a while and took a glance behind me before he replied.

      " Adios Tonia" He said and walked away.

         But as he turned towards the father's house,from my peripheral vision i saw him slump. I rushed to him,so did everyone. The few ones around him quickly caught him before he actually touched the ground and took him inside.

   Hey,

          Famz...  👨‍👨‍👧‍👦 

        Life may never give us a second chance,so never waste a moment when you can make up for all your short comings.

  Forgive
  Live
  Love
And be happy.