9

Wednesday
                                             12 Oct. 2019
                                             6:13 am

On the morning, when this life will be over. I know I will see your face  again....

*****************************

        "And i guess you didn't meet her again after that day? "

       " Oh i did... Though i saw her every Sundays only until when i had completed my apostolic work. She had made it totally impossible for me to see her every other day, the Sundays i saw her was only in passing".

       " On the day i finished my apostolic work, i summoned up courage and went to her house to let her know that i felt the same way for her and that i was ready to make a commitment with her, but she wasn't there. She had gone to live with her aunt in Aba to start up her own business as a seamstress."

     " I was happy for her though, but i saw it as a sign. A sign that i had been praying for,that this was truly my destiny and i guided it with my heart."

      "The year April 1964,i was posted to Aba for my last apostolic work after which i will be ordained a deacon before finally fulfilling my dreams.... I just couldn't wait for it. I was happy, very happy. "

    " Unfortunately, i met her again at the international Ariaria market and the feelings that i had thought had gone came back..."

        "Looking back,maybe priesthood wasn't really for me. " He chuckled

        "Anyways, we were both very happy to see each other, we exchanged contacts. She was finally living alone now in a self con apartment and i was staying at our cathedral".

       " We rekindled our friendship again and she visited the parish as i visited her too. I taught her a lot of things, i told her my experiences since we lost communication, i also got a lot of free sewn shirts from her as gifts and we avoided the past".

     " But something happened two days to my ordination as a deacon, an event that finally changed the course of our lives, rewrote our destinies".

      " What happened? ". I asked him But he didn't bother to reply. He brought out some chocolates from his pocket, gave me and took for himself.

      "We had gone to the market together to get the gifts for my ordination" He continued at last, just when i thought the conversation was over. Maybe because he was tired of carrying the burden.

          "I had dropped her off with few things she bought for herself at her house when a heavy rain started. I had to stay back a little at her place".

       " Overwhelmed with strong emotions, i confessed my feelings for her in her house, right in the middle of our conversation.

Oops,

      We can't teach our hearts on whom to love can we?

No matter how we try to fight it,but yes we can only guide it....