Voight and Jay- Request

AN: I can't remember who requested this sorry but it was Voight being like a dad to Jay

Jay POV:

Today was going horribly. From the moment I woke up it seemed as if my body hated me. It felt as if my head would split open at any second. My throat felt as if I had swallowed sandpaper and I felt both hot and cold at the same time. I knew I was sick but I couldn't stay home. I just couldn't.

After Erin left I couldn't stay in our apartment, I just couldn't. Everywhere I looked I saw her. I needed to escape. I can't be alone, I hate it. Everywhere I turn I see her and I see the bright future we had together. I've tried packing some things away but I just can't. I need to remember her but sometimes it's just to painful.

That's why I am currently walking up the stairs to Intelligence, shivering from my obvious fever. I stumble over to my desk and gratefully sit down.

"You good man?" I hear Ruzek ask from his desk.

I slowly nod my head not wanting to show how weak I really am. I haven't been sick since Erin left. Normally I'd spend the day cuddled into her side, enjoying her company. But now I can't, now I'm all alone. Now I have to endure the pain and suffering all alone.

"Halstead, my office. Now." I hear Voight say.

I slowly stand up, gripping the side of my desk to keep the dizziness at bay. I slowly walk over to his office and slowly close the door behind me.

"Yes?" I ask as I sink into a chair.

"What's going on, you look awful. And don't tell me you're fine, you obviously aren't."

"I'm f...."

"Stop right there. I'm not even going to let you finish that sentence. Either you tell me what's going on or I'll put you on desk duty for a year."

"I.... it's just a cold... I'll be fine." I say as a shiver runs down my spine.

Voight walks up to my side and gently places a hand on my forehead. I'm about to shy away but he's warm hand felt so nice against my cold skin.

"Jay you're burning up, it's not just a cold. You're going home, and no arguing."

"I... I can't." I mumble, terrified of enduring this illness alone in our... my apartment.

"Jay, why can't you go home? What's going on?" Voight asks taking a seat next to me, concern evident in his face.

"Everywhere I look I see her. I can't face it, not now."

"Hey, it's okay. I'll set you up in here for the rest of the day, and then I'll stay with you at you're apartment, okay? You don't have to do this alone."

"No... you you don't have to do this. I'll be okay..."

"Jay shut up. You're not fine and I'm not going to make you stay alone sick and missing Erin. I miss her everyday, I get it, you shouldn't have to face this alone. Just stay here why I grab you some medicine from the break room." He says before leaving me alone in his office.

I slowly lie down on his couch and curl in on myself to try and hold back the shivers running through my body. I feel miserable, and all I want is Erin.

"Jay, can you sit up for me? I want to take your temperature." Voight asks as he crouches down next to me.

I slowly sit up as he places the thermometer in my mouth. Once the thermometer beeps Voight takes it out and I lie back down, curling in on myself once more.

"Alright it's 102.5, I'm gonna keep a close eye on it to make sure it doesn't reach 103. For now take these meds and sleep. I'll come back and check on you in a bit, okay?"

I slowly nod before taking the meds. I feel Voight gently place a blanket over my shivering frame before I curl into it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jay, can you wake up for me? It's time to go home." I hear Voight ask as I start waking up.

Once I'm fully awake Voight helps me stand up and leads me out of his office. I look around and luckily everyone had already left. It's already humiliating enough to have Voight see me like this, I don't need anyone else to. What can I say, I have a reputation to uphold.

When we make it to the garage I start heading to the driver's seat. I get in but then I notice Voight staring at me with a confused look on his face.

"What?" I raps out.

"You are not driving, you could barely walk a few minutes ago. Come on get in my car. I'm not going to let you get in an accident on top of being sick."

"I'm fine..." I rasp our before I start coughing.

"Yeah I'm having a hard time believing that. Come on Halstead." He says as he opens the door.

Realizing that I'll never win, I slowly get out and make my way to the passenger seat in his car. First I never got to drive with Erin and now with Voight. Maybe that's where she got her love of driving from.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Okay, stay here I'm going to grab your thermometer to make sure you're fever hasn't gone up, okay?"

I slowly nod my head before curling deeper into my bed. I push a pillow on Erin's side of the bed and wrap my arms around it. I know it may make me childish but all I want right now is Erin.

"Okay Jay.... hey you okay?" Voight asks as he reenters my room.

"Yeah, I'm good, sorry." I quickly apologize as I wipe my tears.

"Hey, I get it, trust me. I miss her everyday. I can't look at her desk without thinking of her. All I want is for her to walk up those stairs one day and say she's coming home. But you need to know that she still loves you, okay? She has never stopped loving you, and she never will."

"B... but I just miss her." I say in between tears.

"Then how about you call her, hmm? I'm sure she'd love to hear from you. Tell her what's going on, she can still help you okay? And once you're better you can have a week off to go and see her, okay? And don't try and argue with me, it's happening. You deserve a break, okay?"

I slowly nod my head before I allow myself to fall asleep finally feeling at peace knowing that I'm not alone.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

AN: I really hope you enjoyed that, and hopefully I fulfilled the request! I originally was just going to make it a sickfic but then that happened. I do actually like how it turned out!

At this point I believe I have all my requests completed so I just want to thank all of you for requesting and reading this book!