Way Too Similar- Shawson

Shay POV:

Something isn't right. I don't know what it is, but I know that something is going to go wrong. I just hope it isn't severe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ambulance 61, person down from unknown causes, 2775 N. Canal." The all to familiar voice calls throughout the fire department.

I climb out of bed and hurry down to the apparatus floor. Gabby is already there waiting for me.

"You're lucky you got here when you did, I was about to get in the driver's seat." She says with a laugh as we climb in.

"Gabriela Dawson. You will never drive the rig while I'm around. Besides we're here to save lives, not ruin them."

"Should I even ask what you mean?"

"Gabby, I love you, but you can't drive."

"You know Casey was just joking when he said that." She says annoyed referring to my first day at 51.

"Well I do now, but at the time I had no idea. So, I drove to save our lives."

"Shay, you really are crazy. Now can we talk about something else?"

"Sure. Oh hey do you want to come over to my place after shift? Kelly is going on a fishing trip with Casey."

"That would be great! You are truly the best Shay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I follow Gabby into the building looking for anyone injured. As we continue walking I see someone standing in a room alone.

"Excuse me, did you call for paramedics?" I ask walking into the room.

"I sure did." I hear a man's voice growl.

"Are... Are you hurt?" I ask sensing danger.

He starts walking towards me so I quickly back up.

"No, but you will be!" He says before he pushes me down the staircase near the room.

I feel pain erupt in my head. It hurts. It feels like we were in that ambulance crash all over again. As I hit the floor I hear something crack, and excruciating pain shooting throughout my right leg. The pain is to much. I start seeing black spots. I need to get Gabby out of here.

Gabby POV:

I hear a loud thud, and a loud crack. It sounds like a bone breaking. I glance behind me and notice that Shay is nowhere to be seen.

"Shay? Shay, where are you?" I shout hurrying to where she should of been.

I notice blood on the carpet. I glance down the stairs and see a figure lying there motionless. I run down the stairs and crouch next to the figure. I slowly brush the beautiful blonde hair out of her face. Underneath her hair I see that her face is covered in blood.

I quickly grab gauze from our pack, and hold it firmly against the bleeding laceration. I need to get her out of here. She is losing blood, fast. I glance down at her leg and I immediately know that it is broken.