Chicago PD- Request

AN: This was requested by @supernaturalgirl1936

Voight POV:

"Alright kiddo, it's time to get up. School's waiting!" I shout into my 10 year old daughters room.

"Daddy I don't feel good." I hear Ashley moan.

I inwardly groan, hoping it's just a cold. I can't stay home today, it's a busy day. We have a press conference and I have to be there. But if this really is serious then I've got to stay home for her.

"What hurts kiddo?"

"My tummy!" She moans as she clutches her stomach.

"Okay, hey it's gonna be okay. Let daddy check your temperature, okay?"

She slowly nods her head before I jump up and grab the thermometer. I gently place it under her tongue and wait for the beep. As I wait I notice Ashley's hands on the lower right side of her stomach. Just as I'm about to start texting Al to see if it could be appendicitis the thermometer beeps.

"Yeah kiddo, your definitely sick. You're fever is 103. I'm going to go call Uncle Al to see if he can cover for me, okay?"

She slowly nods before curling back under the covers. I hurry out of the room as I dial Al's number.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hank, just cancel the press conference they'd understand if you told them that Ashley has appendicitis."

"Might! She might have appendicitis!" I argue hoping this is just a bug.

"Hank, if you don't I will. I'll cancel, just bring Ashley to the ER."

"Fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sergeant Voight it's a good thing you brought Ashley in here when you did, any longer and her appendix would of burst. We need to bring her up to the OR now to have an appendectomy."

"O... okay... just... make sure she's okay, alright?"

"Yes sir, we will. Just try and relax this is a very routine procedure." The doctor says before bringing Ashley to the OR.

This. Cannot. Be. Happening.

I feel my heart start beating faster and my breathing quickening. I feel my knees starting to go weak as I lean up against the wall. I slowly slid down to the floor as my vision starts going in and out of focus.

I've got to calm down. A panic attack isn't going to help anyone, especially Ashley. I quickly text the intelligence group chat that Burgess made for some reason.

In chat:

BigBadWolf- guys i need help

BabyBurgess- omg sergeant you're actually texting in here

DadAl- burgess shut up

DaddysGirl- hank what's going on. U need help?

BigBadWolf- thx Erin I do. Ashley is in surgery rn.

DaddysGirl- WAIT WHAT

MrLindsay- sarg. U need us 2 come?

DadAl- that's a great idea Jay- we should all go

BabyBurgess- yeah on our way hang in there

End chat

I close my eyes and try to calm myself down. I can't let my team see my weak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hank?" I hear Erin ask.

I open my eyes and see her and Jay standing there with coffee in hand. Erin looks worried as Jay looks slightly confused.