Linstead- Happy Halloween

Jay POV:
It's been a long day, even though I'm too old technically for Halloween I'd still like to leave early and eat candy. But, of course, Hank won't let us. Instead, we're staying over time.

At 10 o'clock he finally lets us leave. I grab my jacket and hurry out to my car. At least the one good thing about leaving this late is most kids have stopped trick or treating. Although there are a few stupid (and possibly drunk) teenagers running around without looking both ways.

When I finally get home I sleepily climb the steps to my apartment. As I open the door I notice a figure asleep in my bed. I double check the apartment to make sure I'm in mine, which I am.

My hands tighten around my gun, as I slowly approach the figure. I raise the gun slowly as I turn on the light. When I do I notice the figure rising out of bed, running their hands through their blonde hair.

"Put your hands up, I'm a cop." I say as I slowly approach this stranger.

As they turn around I drop my gun down.

"Yeah Jay, I know you're a cop. Did you not get my text?" The stranger says.

They step into the light and I gasp in shock.

"Erin?! What are you doing here?"

"Did you not see my text? I had time of work? I told you I was coming and crashing at your place this week? Does any of this ring a bell?"

"That was this week?! OMG I'm so sorry!" I say as I embrace her in a large hug.

"It's fine Jay, I would of done the same thing. I'm just glad you didn't shot me."

"God, don't remind me. You scared me!"

"Tis' the season Jay Halstead."

I laugh before I give her a huge kiss and lead her to my bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When my alarm goes off the next morning I quickly turn it off before cuddling back up next to Erin. Just as I close my eyes again I feel her getting up out of bed.

"Erin? What's wrong?"

"I have a meeting with the police captain this morning."

"Wha...why?"

"I'm looking for a job back here in Chicago..."

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME OMG!!" I scream as I give her a huge hug.

"Because it's not for sure yet?"

"But... why are you looking back here? I thought you loved New York?"

"I... I do, or I did but I need to be back here..." she says suddenly getting nervous.

"I mean I'm not complaining, but why?"

"Be...because I'm... um..."

"Erin? What is it? You know you can tell me."

She opens her mouth but bursts into tears instead. I run up to her and give her a quick kiss on her forehead and wrap my arms around her.

"Baby, can you tell me? I can't help unless you tell me."

"It's... it's just that, well, um..."

"Erin, just tell me. I won't get mad, I promise."

She looks up, wipe her tears and takes a deep breath.

"Jay, I'm pregnant."

"Wait, what? How long?"

"A...about 5 months?"

"How was I not able to tell? I mean you don't look like you're showing."

"I've been wearing bigger shirts." She explains as she slowly pulls the shirt up over her growing stomach.

"Oh my god. Are you sure you're just 5 months? You look like you're 9 months!"

"Oh, well, that's because it's twins..."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

AN: I updated! And I know it's short but I wanted to leave you on a bit of a cliffhanger. I'm hoping to get back into updating but there's a lot going on at school. I also realized I haven't done to many Linstead one shots in a while. This started off as just Erin scaring Jay on Halloween but it quickly turned into much more than that. Although I guess the twins would be a slight scare/surprise to Jay? Anyways I hope you have a great day/night! 😘