Chicago Justice- Request

AN: This was requested by @amctalkingdead2018

Anna's POV:

"Olivia! It's time to get up! You need to get ready for school!" I call out to my seven year old daughter.

"No." I hear come from her closed bedroom door.

"Olivia, we talked about this. You need to go to school. Daddy and I can't keep homeschooling you at the office anymore. Besides, don't you want to meet new friends your age?"

"No."

"Olivia Rose Stone. Get ready for school, now."

"No."

"Olivia, darling, don't make me go get daddy. You know he won't be too happy to be bothered this morning."

I get no response. I let out a sigh in frustration and go into our office. I see Peter hunched over paperwork with his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Peter... I really don't want to bother you but Olivia... she refuses to get ready for school."

He sits up, takes his fingers away from his nose and turn his chair around. He lets out a sigh in frustration and stands up. Before he leaves the room he gives me a quick kiss on my forehead and whispers in my ear that it's all going to be okay. I slowly nod before I follow him into Olivia's room.

"Olivia, it's time for school sweetie. Do you want mommy's help picking out an outfit?"

"No." Olivia says, still in her bed.

"Olivia, if you get ready and go to school we can get ice cream tonight, okay?"

I see her peak her head out from underneath the covers and sigh. She slowly gets out of bed and grabs a dress to wear. I pull Peter out of her room to give her space so she can hopefully come out of this funk that she's in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Peter and I pull up in front of the school I see her sitting alone on a bench in front of the school staring at her shoes. I look to Peter in worry before I get out of the car. I run over to her not knowing what to expect. At least we didn't get a call from the school about her crying today.

"Olivia, sweetheart, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

I take a deep breath, obviously this isn't going to be as easy as I thought. I kneel down in front of her and place my hands on her knees. She looks up at me but immediately looks back down. When she looked up i noticed tears streaming down her cheeks at a fast rate.

"Olivia, honey, why are you crying? Did something happen at school?"

"No."

"Olivia. We can't help you unless you tell us what's going on. Can you do that for me?"

"No."

I take another deep breath before looking back to Peter and mouth for him to come and help. He immediately gets out of the car and comes running over.

"Hey Liv, what's going on?"

She looks up at Peter before crying even more.

"Olivia, we aren't mad at you, can you just tell us what happened? We understand that you may be having a bad day, okay? Everyone wakes up on the wrong side of the bed sometimes."

"You... aren't mad?" She croaks out in a response to Peter's statement.

"Of course not! Why would you think that we were mad?"

"You were mad this morning..."

"Olivia, we were frustrated. We can't read your mind and we just need you to voice your feelings instead of sticking to one word answers. Now, can you tell us what's wrong?"

"No..."

"Olivia. Please tel us what is wrong. If you do then we can get ice cream, and a toy, okay?" Peter offers.

"I hate school. I wanna go back to staying at the office with you..." she mumbles.

"Hey, I get it. I hated school when i was your age school. But honey you can't stay at the office with us forever, okay? Daddy has a lot of work to do with all the cases we have, okay?"

"But..."

"Hey Olivia, look at me. Just because we can't spend ever minute with you doesn't mean that we don't love you, okay?"

"No."

"Olivia please I'm begging you. Mommy and I are very stressed at work right now. I get that your having a bad day, but can you please try and cheer up? It's Friday anyways! And tomorrow we're going to the pool, remember?" Peter practically begs.

She smiles at that but then mutters "no" again.

"Olivia. We love you, and we always have, and always will. We will never leave your side, when you need us we're just a phone call away. Now, how about we try and turn that frown upside down and get some ice cream, alright?" I add in there desperate to have this attitude disappear.

"Okay... can I get birthday cake? On a cone?"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

AN: I actually updated! I really hope you guys enjoyed that chapter! It kind of took a mind of it's own when I started writing, so it may not actually follow the original prompt and I'm sorry about that. I tried my best but I've been away for a while as you guys know and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. Thanks again for dealing with my long long break. See you guys hopefully soon! And thanks again for reading this book! I love you guys!