Dawsey-Request

Request by: @chicagofirefan12

Gabby POV:

I hear the alarm go off. I moan and quickly hit snooze before falling back asleep. But I'm not asleep for long. The all to familiar feeling of nausea creeps back. I quickly jump out of bed and rush into the bathroom. As I'm throwing up I feel Matt come up behind me and hold my hair back.

"I hate this." I moan.

"I know, it'll be over soon. Pregnancy doesn't last forever."

Once I'm done Matt carefully helps me stand up and leads me back into our bedroom. He turns off my alarm, before going to get dressed. I grab my uniform out of our closet and carefully get dressed. When it comes time to put my boots on I stop. I can't see my feet, how will I get my boots on?

"Matt? Can you help?"

"Sure thing baby."

A few minutes later as he's working on my second boot I realize that I could do it myself.

"Matt! I can do it myself! I'm not a baby!"

"Honey, I know you aren't a baby, but you can't reach them. Just let me help you."

"Fine." I say annoyed.

Matt POV:

I love Gabby, but these mood swings sometimes really gets on my nerves. I know she can't help them, but all I want to do is help her. She's been having a rough time with this pregnancy. Morning sickness every morning, mood swings, and cramps. I do my best to help her, but sometimes I can't help but wonder if there is more I could be doing.

"Hey, Gabby, before we leave do you want anything to eat?"

"No, I... I can't. I still feel nauseous." She says as a tear runs down her cheek.

I cup her face and gently rub the tear from her cheek with my thumb. She smiles and leans into my touch.

"Do you still have cramps?"

"Not right now, but I don't want to jinx it..."

"Alright, just let me know if you get them okay? When you do, or when you're feeling nauseous I want you to rest in my office. That way the guys don't bother you."

"Thanks Matt."

"No problem."

Gabby POV:

When we reach 51 I slowly, and carefully climb out of Matt's truck. He wraps his arm around my shoulder as we walk in. I'm about to go grab something to eat I feel a cramp beginning to form.

"Matt? I... I think I'm getting a cramp."

"Alright, come on, let's get you in bed." He says as he leads me to his office.

"Thank you Matt." I say once we're in his office.

I lie down on his bed and he gently pulls the blanket up around my shoulders. He lies down next to me and snuggle up next to him. A few minutes later I feel the cramps go away.

"Feeling better?" He asks after a while.

"Yeah, a little. Thank you."

"No problem. Do you want to stay here?"

"Yeah, just for a little bit longer."

"Alright, I've got to go talk to the guys, but I'll be back."

He slowly gets up, kisses my forehead, before turning off the lights and closing the door behind him.

Matt POV:

"Hey, lieutenant! How's Gabby?" Herman asks.

"Alright, she's still got the cramps, and morning sickness though."

"If you guys need anything Cindy and I are always here for you."

"Thanks Herman. I appreciate it."

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

AN: I hope you guys enjoyed this. I know it's much shorter, and I'm not sure how good this turned out. I may come back to it when I have more time and edit it. Let me know if you'd like that. As always, have a great day/night! 😘