Chapter 13

Previously...

Left alone in the rain, the emptiness you feel from not having a soul begins to get to you. Luckily, Snatcher come to your rescue before you get a cold. When the rain finally stops, the phantom is left alone in his hut with his thoughts crowding his mind...

Hat kid skipped her way up to Snatcher's doorstep, barging in uninvited. She waved happily at Snatcher, who has his face buried in his book. His usual copy of "How to Kill Kids" was now replaced by a copy of "Pride and Prejudice".

"Hiya!" Hat kid shouted, bouncing up and down a bit. Snatcher let out a long sigh. "Kid, how many times do I have to tell you that I don't want to be bothered?" Hat Kid shrugged her shoulders. "I dunno." She said absentmindedly. The ghost let out another annoyed groan.

"Just leave me in peace!" He told her again, before burying his face into his book, hoping to again plunge himself into the romance of Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy.

Hat Kid looked down at her feet, rocking to and fro on her heels. "I bet if I was (Y/N) you wouldn't be telling me to go away..." she said coyly.

Silence filled the room. "What?" Snatcher looked over he top of his book, taken aback. "I said, if I was (Y/N) you wouldn't be telling me to go away." Hat Kid stated again, a sly grin spreading across her face. "What in the name of hell are you implying, kid?" Snatcher asked, shutting his book with a loud snap.

"Well, y'know, I saw you guys in this very room. Like, what, two days ago? (Y/N) was all over you~" Hat Kid sang. All the light drained from Snatchers face, leaving only a dull glow to illuminate his eyes and mouth. It looked almost as if a candle had been blown out. 'I should really get some blinds...'

Hat Kid laughed at his face. "Oh, you know exactly what I'm talking about, don't 'cha?" She giggled. "Smooth, Snatcher. Smooth."

The amount of sass in Hat Kid's voice was unreal.

Once again, Snatcher had been backed into a corner and there was absolutely nothing he could do about it. That is, except avoiding eye contact. "You'd better shut up before I snap your damn neck." He threatened. Hat Kid, however, just crossed her arms and smirked. "Yeah, sure."

The phantom angrily huffed and opened his book again. Hat Kid swaggered up to his chair and on the armrest. Specifically, your spot.

Snatcher clenched his claws around is book a bit tighter. "So, tell me. When are you two going out?" Hat Kid pried, kicking her legs a bit.

"We aren't 'Going Out'," Snatcher replied.
"(Y/N) and I have an entirely professional relationship." Hat Kid rolled her eyes.
"Yeah, okay. So, professional means laying across each other's laps?"

'God damn it.' Snatcher thought. "Would you stop bringing that up? They just slipped."
Hat Kid was about to retort when they heard footsteps coming from outside. "Your boo's home~" Hat Kid giggled before jumping out a window(yolo) and disappeared.

"Yo, boss!" You yelled. "I found Watershep!"
Snatcher was pleasantly surprised. "Already? Did you take care of the fire sprites, too?" You solemnly nodded. "All taken care of."

"That's great kiddo! Go take the rest of the day off." Snatcher said. You casually saluted him before walking off. Snatcher chuckled a bit as you walked up, light rising to his face again.

"Just a professional relationship, huh?" Hat Kids voice laughed from behind him.

'Fuck.'

If you're wondering, a minion named Kevin decided to pull a Spinel and leave Watershep standing in the middle of the forest.

Also, I'm again sorry for not updating regularly. School has really been kicking my ass, but I'm trying my diddly darn best.