Chapter 20

The End.

For the first time in months, you were able to bathe in warm, clean water. You scrubbed your greasy hair frantically under the faucet, water running down your back. It was satisfying to finally feel clean, as grime had built up in places that was hard to clean with barely any privacy.

Satisfied, you stepped out of the shower and dried off, quickly changing into the new outfit you were provided with. A simple orange hoodie(there was a little green alien pin attached), sweatpants and a pair of socks and sneakers. It was a simple but comfortable outfit that fit you well enough to wear. You made a note to yourself to thank Mr. Grooves for the clothes.

You pushed a button on the bathroom door, which opened to reveal a familiar hallway that led to the girls' bedroom. The door was hidden to look like part of the wall, engineered for maximum privacy.

You looked around, remembering what you'd been told. "We got something for you from Subcon. Just look on the desk when you're done in there." Hat Kid has said from outside the bathroom door.

You glanced down at their desk to find your old laptop set neatly in the middle. A note sat on top with "You're Welcome" written in cursive.
We all know who that's from.

You opened it up and hit the power button, hoping to contact a friend or family member, to let them know that you're okay. The laptop is dead. Rad.
You gave a little huff before looking in some of the desk drawers. It's amazing how many
different chargers Hat Kid and Bow own. Finally, you found the correct type and stood up, your ragged laptop tucked under your arm.

You walked across the room, by the place you'd been sleeping for the past day or two. The pile of pillows was comfortable, although if you sat too suddenly in it you would be entirely engulfed in the colorful cushions. You looked around the room for a plug to charge your laptop, trudging up the ramp to what looked like a diving board. You glanced at the beaten up laptop, then to the diving board.

"What the hell." You chuckled before carefully putting the laptop on the ground. You walked across the diving board before jumping up and into the pillow pile. However, you fell deeper into the pile than you should have.

Suddenly, you'd found yourself in a small room, hidden under the sea of pillows. The room was dimly lit and filled with toys and books, but one book in particular stood out. It was unmarked and set on a little wooden desk. You didn't read that one, though. It did stand out, but that doesn't really mean that it caught your eye.

Instead, there was a notebook laying on the floor, marked with a "J.F".
You were curious as to what was inside, so you turned to a dog- eared page. It legit took you ten seconds tops to realize what you were reading before you dropped notebook, your face flushed. You climbed out of the hole in a frenzy. No way you're reading any more of that romanticized bullshit.

The climb was a bit difficult, but you managed to swim out of the pillows and return to your laptop which you plugged in and waited for it to turn on. The screen lit up, showing the familiar planet logo, and soon flashed to the home screen. For some reason, the required password screen hadn't been coming up anymore, although you didn't really care.

Notifications popped up, from both family and friends alike. Someone else had also made sure to message you, but you quickly blocked him. You scrolled through your messages, strings of "Hey! HEY!!" and "Bro where tf are you" ran down your screen.

You clicked one and typed out a quick message. "Hey Danny. It's been awhile :)"

-.-.-

You knocked on the doorframe (which you stand corrected by Bow, isn't exactly a doorframe), peaking inside of Snatcher house. The familiar sight of him lounging on his chair, reading a book brought a smile to your face. He glanced up at you, looking very slightly shocked.

"Hey kiddo!" He greeted. "You're looking less like a corpse." You snickered. "Thanks, pal."
You stepped in, holding a package at your side. He glanced down at it and said nothing, at least not until you handed it to him.
"Really?" He grabbed the package and shook it a little, like a child getting a new birthday gift.

You nodded. "You can open it now, if you'd like." Snatcher quickly teared off the packaging to reveal a vinyl record, tucked neatly in a little box full of tissue paper. The cover sported a lantern with the silhouette of two boys, one with an impressively pointed hat.

"Is this..." Snatcher breathed, his voice barely audible.
You his you hands behind your back. "Yeah, I'm sorry if the bad packaging might've scratched the record a bit or something. Hat Kid was right, I'm garbage at wrapping-"

Snatcher cut you off with a tight hug, which was incredibly uncharacteristic for him.
"(Y/N), holy crap, you are an angel." He said happily. "I've been wanting this record ever since I was forced to watch the show by the kids." He said, referring to the minions, who apparently like watching movies(Minichimmi especially).

You chuckled and pat his back. The ghost let you go, floated over to his cabinet and rummaged around. Snatcher let out an "Ah- Hah!" When he finally found what he was looking for.
"Here you go." He said. He handed you a paper bag with three purple candles inside. They smelled vaguely of dried mint.

"These candles let me travel anywhere, no matter how far." He explained. "Put them in your living room or something."
"Well then it wouldn't be a living room anymore." You smirked. He shrugged and looked back at his gift, smiling widely.

You stood a little closer to him, a shy smile on you lips. "Snatcher, please don't play the record until I'm gone." You said. He glanced down at you confusedly. "What?"

"I, um, just want you to think about me when you play it." You said, trying to keep your composure. He patted your shoulder.
"Sure kiddo. Anything for you." Silence, yet again.

"... before I leave this place. Can we please address the romantic tension we have." You asked, although it sounded more like a statement. There was complete silence for a second.

"Yes." Snatcher said. He leaned down to you level and squeezed his eyes shut, as if he was waiting for something to happen. And something did.

You gave him a kiss on the cheek.
That's it. That's all there has to be.

For two abuse victims to come together and share their stories, and then eventually find that they have feelings for each other, that simple action is all there has to be for them to gain an understanding.

And like that, you left. You left that world and moved on to the next, but that doesn't mean you have to leave everything behind.

You, my friend, you reached the end.