Chapter 5

Previously...

After completing the second to final task of their contract, the traveler engages in a fairly heated argument with their boss. In the end, the argument turns into an insult competition, where (Y/N) emerges victorious. The soul thief quietly remembers a blessing and a curse from his past, yet he feels content...

Honestly, You and Snatcher had been getting along much better since the argument. You have began to be a little less passive aggressive towards him an his behavior. In turn, he's a little less hard on you when it comes to completing work. The phantom also tries to refrain on insulting you, mostly because he doesn't want to get his spooky ass roasted again.

You were on the verge of completing you last contract, as you only needed to complete a thorough inspection of Subcon(with the help of one of his "minions". You still had a terrible time navigating the blasted forest).

Subcon Forest, as weird and ominous as it was, seemed quieter than usual. You suddenly felt a lot more thankful for the little being leading you around the forest. It looked up to you, it's glowing eye making contact with yours.

"We've already looked around the village and the edges of the forest." It told you. "Where'd you wanna go next?" You blinked, realizing you can't think of anywhere else to look. "I...uh..." you try to begin. The minion's eye narrows, supposedly frustrated.

"Come on, Newbie! There has to be some place." It huffs. You furrow your brows, trying incredibly hard to think of a place. This is a fairly difficult task, especially when you've hardly been anywhere in the forest on your own. 'Think, (Y/N), think!'
The minion stares at you, confused as to why you're squatting in the middle of the forest and sweating profusely.

"Are you constipated...?" It asks. Just as it said that, you came to a conclusion. "I know where we're-" you stopped. "What did you just say?"

While these two idiots look around for the nonexistent ice, Snatcher sits in his comfy home, attempting to deal with an annoyance. His view of his book is blocked by a friendly face, one of a previous contractor.

"I told you before and I'm not going to say it again." Snatcher told the child. "It's none of your business!" The said child let go of his book and crossed her arms, nose held high in the air. The phantom narrowed his eyes and buried his face back into his book.

A few minutes later, he felt a small hand stroking a tuft of hair that hung over his shoulder. He shrugged her off, trying not to let it bother him. He genuinely hated it when someone touched him without his consent or trust. Usually he would try to murder anyone who even attempt to touch him, but he knew better this this certain individual. Plus, he knew she was only trying to get a reaction out of him.

However, he felt her hand again caressing his other shoulder. He shrugged her off again, this time with a bit more force. Nothing happened for awhile, leading Snatcher to assume the girl had left. That is until he suddenly felt both of her hands on his chest, petting it softly.

Snatcher immediately teleported to the other side of the room. "HOLY SHIT, HOW IN THE-" He screamed, but stopped himself. Taking a deep breath, he continued. "How did you even reach that spot?" The phantom honestly felt violated, although he knew that the rather naive child didn't understand what she had done.

"I give up." Sighed the phantom. The child noticeably brightened. "Yes. I have a new employee." The girl's eyes widened significantly and she let out a load gasp. 'This can't be a good sign...' thought Snatcher. She charged towards him and let out a string of questions, which was uncharacteristic for her.

"What's their name? How old are they? How long ago did this happen?" She said quickly. "Where are they now? Are you going to eat their soul? Did you already eat their soul and they're some type of zombie-" The ghost quickly put a claw over her mouth, actively shutting her up. Well, until she licked one of his fingers.

"What the hell!" He said, wiping the slobber off on her shirt. She giggled a bit before asking a final question, "Are you making another friend?" Snatcher's mouth fell into a questioning frown. He didn't quite want to kill
(Y/N) yet, but he didn't quite think of them as much more than an acquaintance... did he?

"Well-" He was cut off by the familiar voice of his newest employee. "Hey boss, we're-" you stop suddenly stop talking to take in the interesting scene before you. A soul stealing phantom, someone who may have killed thousands already, seems to have been cornered by a hatted child.

"What the fuck happened here?"

F B I  O P E N  U P

By the way the minion's name is Steve now. You cannot convince me otherwise.