Chapter 17

Previously...
After being kidnapped by an old ally, things began to come together. However, this old friend means you harm...

Snatcher frantically slithered around Subcon, seemingly annoyed. He weaved between trees and houses, over the village and the swamps, around the borders. Minions and dwellers alike wondered what he was up to. It was rather unusual for their boss to be so energetic.

Some had even began placing bets. A group of minions who resided around the burning buildings spoke in hushed tones, placing bets on what could possibly be going on.
Steve didn't bet on anything. He didn't want to risk losing the only money he had. Watershep bet 10 pons that Snatcher had lost something and couldn't remember where he had put it. Clyde bet 25 pons that one Snatcher's traps had been triggered, but the victim escaped. Kevin said, and I quote. "I hope (Y/N) is dead." He bet 35 pons.

Nobody likes Kevin.

Snatcher passed the minions again, this time stopping at their little nook. "Hey you!" He said, pointing at Clyde.
"Have you seen (Y/N)?" Both Steve and Watershep looked at Kevin, who just gave them a smug look.

"No, boss. Haven't seen them since yesterday." Clyde replied. Snatcher pulled his hair in frustration and slithered away. Kevin held out his hand expectantly, but Steve slapped it away. "You don't know if they're dead yet." He told Kevin.

He scoffed. "That idiot might as well be dead. They won't last one more night alone out there." That is exactly what Snatcher was afraid of. If you'd been missing since yesterday, you were surely dead by now, right?
He threw open his cabinet, going through each drawer until he came across a familiar little red light. 

Your soul flickered fondly in Snatcher's claws, almost as if it knew it was in his hands. Snatcher absentmindedly wondered in you felt your soul in his uncharacteristically gentle claws.
Pushing that thought aside, he focused all his energy on your aura and his goal; your location.
Your soul glowed brighter, but dimmed back again. Snatcher tried again, the same thing happened. What could he be doing wrong?

Then it clicked. The only time this happened was when Moonjumper harvested his employees. Moonjumper, being the disgusting creature he is, prefers the flesh of his victims more then their souls. Taking any of his servants out of his realm, Snatcher would be unable to track them. Shit.
Luckily, all he really had to do is call Moonjumper down and you'd be back in his care. Easy enough.

Snatcher floated off into his forest, searching for Moonjumper's "spot". There's a place where the moon shines the brightest, where it's the easiest for him to come into Snatcher's territory. It's rather simple logic, actually. A moon powered ghost can only go into places with a lot of moonlight.

A familiar laugh sounded as Snatcher floated into a clearing, where the moonlight was the brightest. You soul's color turned a dull gray, flickering nervously. "Show yourself. I'm not in the mood for games."

Moonjumper appeared on his command, a serene glow emitting from him. In this ghostly figure's hands, was Snatcher's missing employee. You were tied up and unconscious, swaying limply as Moonjumper moved.

"This stupid 'space explorer' has been distracting you from your duties." He stated, voice steady. Snatcher frowned at him.
"Shut up. They're one of my servants, nothing more." Moonjumper's eyes narrowed.

"Is that so? My, that absolutely explains the multiple 'heart-to-hearts' you've had with this mortal!" he stated sarcastically.
"Mortal? Hah! You're so funny, Moon. Did you know that this 'mortal' is 87 years old?" Snatcher laughed nervously. "They're basically immortal!" The red-clad ghost continued to glare.

"Hmmm." The blue apparition squeezed your body tighter. Your face began to contort in pain, but you did not awaken. "Then I guess they wouldn't mind if I held them just a bit—"
"No, no stop!" Snatcher found himself shouting. He lunged at the spirit, who simply disappeared once again. He appeared behind Snatcher once again, looking smug.