Chapter 3- Known to go a little to fast

I woke up rubbing my eyes. I looked at myself in the mirror on my dressing table, wow I wasn’t pretty in the mornings. My wavy hair had turned into a curly mess. Then my eyes looked down and I saw the flower sitting on my dressing table, reminding me of last night; like I had forgotten. I jumped into the shower in the en suite, bracing myself for the questions I was going to be bombarded with by my Grandmother. I put my wet hair up into a messy bun, the only hair style I can actually do. I put on some grey jeans, my purple work hoodie and t-shirt. I put on some basic make-up and started to make my way down stairs.

‘Oooh here she comes’, Nan wolf whistled. I rolled my eyes sitting down at the kitchen table as I began to eat the bowl of shredded wheat which Nan had put on the table for me. ‘So who’s the lucky man eh?’ she said smugly sitting opposite me at the table. ‘Naann we aren’t together,’ I rolled my eyes with a blank expression. I know I hardly knew the guy but that kind of hurt to say ‘Oh but you want to’ she was so happy with herself seeing me so red in the face, ‘I was young too once Lucy’, she smirked. My phone vibrated and flashed, Nan looked at the screen and I grabbed it before she could read it, ‘Ooh James eh?’ I felt myself go red, quickly eating the rest of my cereal to try and get out of there as quickly as possible. ‘Bye Nan’, I said bluntly before walking out of the door.

I started walking to work unlocking my phone looking at my messages; 1 from Charlotte and 1 from James;

Charlotte; OMG YOU KNOW CONNOR? YOU KNOW THAT GUY I’VE TOLD YOU ABOUT, YEAH? WELL HE ASKED ME TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND!! IT WAS SOOO ROMANTIC!!XXXXX

I replied; NO WAY CONGRATS CHAZZA, FACETIME ME TONIGHT! ASAP!!

Charlotte; Don’t ever call me that again -_- AND OKAYY CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YO FACE! Xxx

James; Hey! Good morning, I had a great time last nightJx

I replied; Yeah me too x

He replied almost instantly; Feww I was worried you didn’t like me, are you busy today? Can I see you? Xx

I replied; Awh, I’m at work today:/ but I finish at 3:00 today so then? Xx

James; Yeah definitely! I’ll meet you at your work then, don’t worry about getting changed you look beautiful anyway;) xx

He is so cute. But now I do wish I put more effort in this morning, oh well! I arrived at work putting my phone in the pocket of my ripped jeans. I smiled at Bert, my boss, who was already working at the counter. I didn’t know him too well but he seemed like a nice man, he was friends with my Grandpa before he died. The day probably would have gone really but it was warmer so were busier. It was now 2:57 so I was getting ready to leave whilst Bert continued to work at the till, I smiled and said goodbye to Bert as I went out the door and down the few steps and stood to the side waiting for James.

Then I saw James emerge in the distance I waved at him and he held his hand up in reply. He was wearing a flannel shirt with more buttons undone than done (but who’s complaining, right?) and ripped jeans. ‘Hey McVey’, I chimed walking over to him, ‘Ooh that rhymed’, not going to lie I was impressed with myself. He chuckled, ‘Hey Luce’, I blushed at the nickname he gave me, ‘Yeah Luce, is it okay if I call you Luce?’, I nodded, I secretly loved it when people called me that.  ‘So Luce it is then’, he nodded and smiled. ‘So how is Luce today then?’ he put emphasis on ‘Luce’ trying to use my new nickname. ‘Luce is great, thanks for asking’, I put emphasis on ‘Luce’ in the same manner as he did before, ‘How is...  is… Jems? Jem? Jems?’  He laughed slightly ‘That’s what my band mates call me’ He smiled to himself, ‘And all the better you’re here my dear.’ He started making vomiting noises as soon as he said it. ‘Your cheesiness is cute’ I said and he blushed. ‘That’s not fair,’ he said in a high-pitched childish voice crossing his arms. ‘I don’t want to be cute, I want to be super manly’, he said deepening his voice in the last part whilst flexing his arms. Wow. ‘Be careful you’ll catch flies’, he smirked pushing my chin up to close my mouth. ‘Urmm…umm’ I stuttered awkwardly. Oh my god I was so embarrassed! ‘Come on’ he shouted, picking me up, throwing me over his shoulder and ran. ‘Put me down’, I protested trying to sound angry, although I didn’t mind because I got a good view of his bum. Okay I need to stop with these perverted thoughts. He put me down as we reached the car park and I crossed my arms again trying to be angry but I couldn’t hold the laughter. We couldn’t hold the laughter. We were both in hysterics over nothing. ‘Come on weirdo, I’m taking you on a drive’, he said pressing the button on his keys to unlock his car. I didn’t even know he could drive, cool. ‘Where are we going?’ I questioned as he opened the door for me; such a gentleman. ‘Just out into the country, I have a picnic in the boot’ he replied starting up his car. ‘Awhh how adora… sorry how manly of you’ I joked saying the last bit in a deep voice. He hit my arm lightly before driving out of the car park.

‘Put some music on would ya?’ the CDs are in the glove compartment’; I opened the compartment picking up a stack of CDs. ‘Ooh a bit of a Swifty are we?’ I admired the vast collection of Taylor Swift CDs in front of me. ‘Urm I’m keeping them for a friend’, he blushed. ‘Yeahhh sure’, I dragged out the ‘Yeahhh’. I settled for some Ed Sheeran. ‘You like Ed Sheeran?’ he smiled, glancing at me briefly trying not to take my eyes off of the road. ‘Yeahh he is like a lyrical Jesus’, I said putting my hands together and closing my eyes looking like I was praying. He laughed trying not to get distracted from driving.

James’ P.O.V-

I looked over to see her singing, she was so care free and it was great to know that she was able to be herself around me. She was so pretty her blue eyes like the sea, but not any sea in England, like in an actual warm country. She didn’t have to put much effort into looking nice. She finished singing as we pulled into a little field on a hill looking over the sea. ‘Thank you Madison Square Garden’ in that pretending to shout whisper (you know what I mean?) into her imaginary microphone. She laughed and I laughed too- this was becoming a regular thing now. I pulled my keys out stopping the car, turning to face her and just smiled at her for a second, just admiring her I guess. She smiled back. ‘What?’ she smiled from her cheeks getting a little dimple on her left cheek that she only got when she laughed really hard or smiled a lot. I loved noticing little things like that. ‘Oh nothing’, I said before running around to her side of the car opening the door for her. Lucy made a comment about me being a gentleman. I got the blanket and the basket out of the boot, while she took a picture of the view on her phone. ‘What’s your twitter name?’ she asked. ‘@TheVampsJames’, I replied putting the blanket down, I sat down patting the space next to me, gesturing for her to sit next to me. She sat down sending her tweet and I retweeted it. We were both sat there looking over the sea with our legs stretched out in tangled mess with our arms supporting us. Our arms crossing over each other; if you get me. We were in a comfortable silence. I can’t believe I have only known her for like 2 day, it feels so much longer than that. She snuggled into me more so her head was in my chest and my chin was on her head. I just wanted to stay like that forever. *Grumble* She looked up, ‘Either there was an earthquake or you’re hungry Jems?’ She got up to get the basket; I already missed her being there. We ate the picnic that my younger sister helped me prepare she is pretty good at cooking and baking. ‘This is soo good’ she gushed taking another bite of her cookie.

‘I guess we should get going before my Nan gets too worried’, she sighed. ‘Come on then’, I forced a smile. We got into my car continuing to sing to Ed Sheeran. She really did love him. Thinking out loud came on and she stopped singing. ‘I love this song so much’, I fangirled, she smiled to herself and looked at me, ‘What?’ I laughed. ‘It’s just that, you know that time you biked past me and I screamed?’                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

‘What yesterday? That time?’ he laughed

‘Oh yeah, well I was listening to this song’, she blushed.

‘Well I guess that make this our song’, I looked over to her smiling.

We pulled up outside her Nan’s house; I turned to face her forcing a slight side smile, tucking a loose curl behind her ear. ‘Why don’t you just pop in and get your jacket, I never gave it back to you after last night?’ she said putting her hand on mine which was hovering over her ear. ’Well...’ I said stroking my chin in thought, ‘I’ll have to check my schedule’, I tried not to seem too eager while she looked at me with pleading eyes. ‘Fine then’, I dragged out the vowels.

I ran around opening her door. ‘Thank you kind sir’, she giggled while I took her hand kissing it lightly trying not to laugh at her attempt at a posh accent. We walked through the little gate and up the cobbled path similarly to last night. I was lead up to the door where I almost kissed Lucy last night. I can’t believe I tried to kiss her, after the first date! Was it a date? Doe she even like me as more than a friend? Why do I always move too fast? Am I falling for a girl I hardly know?