Chapter 30- Danny

Lucy's P.O.V-

It's been three months since that day with James. Three months since I last talked to James. He stopped calling me and messaging me... Eventually. It took a while but we got there. I deleted twitter off of my phone to avoid constantly seeing James' indirect tweets that his fans had tagged me in. He had even turned up to my Nan's front door drunk once when i wasn't even there, she was so scared. She knew deep down that he would never hurt her but she was still scared. Don't worry Connor sorted it out, he has sorted everything out for me. Well at least when he could, the band has blown up.

I opened up my laptop and looked through twitter all I saw was articles and links to websites speculating and making rumours they all said things along the lines of, 'James McVey- The Vamps: Abusing Alcohol?' The were picture circulating of him being thrown out of bars and clubs. Connor had told me about it, but I didn't know it got to this extent. I'm not going to lie, it hurt. I caused that.

Tonight I was going on a date. My first one since James, I thought it'd be good to move on. Well at least try. I was going with Danny, a friend of a friend from uni. He was taking me out for a drink and a meal, I'm not sure where too though.

Danny was nice. He had short brown hair quiffed slightly and big brown eyes. He dressed well too, quite smart and preppy. He was wearing an Aztec print shirt, buttoned up to the top, with a blazer, some black jeans and some smart shoes. He looked nice. 'You look pretty,' he flashed a sweet.
'Thank you,' he smiled. We got into the taxi.

We pulled up outside the restaurant we were eating at. It was the place that James and I used to always go to, where we went that day he was flat hunting and were we went on dates all the time. 'Is this is?' I asked with a shaky voice.
'Yeah, it's nice here,' he smiled and ushered me in.
'Yeah I've been before,' I smiled trying not to seem rude.

We sat at the end of the long bar and looked over the drinks available. 'Lucy!' I heard a shout from the other side of the bar, I knew who it was without looking up. It was him. James, 'Ooh on a date?' He shouted. He down what remain of his drink and walked over. I felt so scared, just I had never seen him like this before. He leant on Danny's shoulder, 'you got a good one here Luce, he's hot.' He was right, Danny is hot but he's no James. Well at least not the James I used to know. 'By the way mate she finds it hot if you undo a few buttons,' he winked and tried to whisper into Danny's ear but actually ended up shouting.
'Im sorry I can't be here with him here,' I turned to my date.
'Okay,' he got James off of him.
'But you only just got here, well bye then nice to see you hotty, still looking fit as,' He winked at me, I don't know what's happened. The James McVey that I know would never talk like that, 'well you better give her your jacket, she tends to feel the cold.'

I couldn't believe him. He was so different. So not James. He looked pale, tired, his hair was a mess. Danny offered to take me out somewhere else, but I didn't fancy it. I just wanted to go home.

James' P.O.V-

My phone buzzed on my bedside table, I woke up to a massive headache. I looked at my phone, it was Connor, 'Lucy told me about last night.'
I mumbled profanities under my breath remembering everything I had said and done. I made my way to the sofa and started watching some day time TV.

My buzzer went off and I picked up the phone attached to the wall to see who it is. 'James-'
'Go away Connor,' I interrupted him, I lent against the wall and slid down hugging my knees and Connor kept on rambling about how I'm ruining my life.
'I'm not going away, please let me in. You can't ignore everyone James, we do care. Just please. You have to face the world at some point,' he went on.
'I have faced the world. I've been to the bar a fair few times, is that enough?' I asked.
'No it's not! Please let me talk to you, don't keep on turning to drink, please,' he kept on going on. I stretched my arm up and buzzed him in, 'thank you,' he sighed.

A few minutes later I was sat on the sofa flicking through TV when Con came through the door. He walked in and said nothing just snooped around, looking at the kitchen. He moved a pile of clothes from the space on the sofa, 'this place is a tip James.'
'You're not my Mum,' I rolled my eyes.
'Oh don't give me all of that James, just let me help you. Look this isn't you,' he said sternly almost shouting waving around a pair of jogging bottoms that were inside out and all in a ball, 'you're the organised one! Let some light in here,' he walked past the curtains opening them all, 'please James, if you can't do it for you please just do it for the band.'
'I am doing it aren't I? We have rehearsals tomorrow and I'm going,' I sat up seeing how serious he was.
'Yeah but I'm not just talking about that, the whole going out every night thing. You have worked so hard, we all have, trying to make a good name for ourselves but that could all go down the drain. James you've seen the articles.'
'Yeah,' I wiped my face, rubbing my eyes, 'I'm sorry dude, I'm a dick, you're only trying to help and I have completely ignored you.'
'Its okay mate, plus you're never going to get Lucy back locked up in here,' he laughed.
'Nahh... I don't think I'll be able to, she's moved on, do you know about that kid she's was with?'
'Yeah Danny, nice guy, not bad looking either is he?' he smirked.
'Oh piss off,' I rolled my eyes, laughing slightly.
'You're just jealous,' he joked.
'Yeah I am actually,' although I was only joking, it was still true I was jealous of that Danny kid.
'Well don't worry by the sound of it they won't be seeing each other again anyway, you made sure of that,' he chuckled.
'Oh I'm such a dick,' I shook it off. It felt good to have him back, I felt l better knowing I wasn't alone and that I had stopped isolating myself.

Lucy P.O.V-

My phone rang and it was Charlotte, 'hey, I'm not sure if you're going to be happy about this but Con and I were wondering if you wanted to come to their show tomorrow night,' she started.
'But Charlotte what about James?' I asked over thinking everything in my head.
'Come off it, I thought you had moved on,' she sighed.
'I have,' I lied, 'I just think it'll be awkward.'
'It won't be, just do if for the other boys. They're your friends Lucy, it's their first ever headline show,' she begged me.
'Fine, I'll go but I'm not speaking to him,' I said bluntly.
'Thank you so much, I have got to go now but I know it's not going to be easy for you but thanks, Connor is going to be so happy! Thank you!' she beamed and hung up the phone.

I could already feel the butterflies building in my stomach. But I needed to go, if I see James it doesn't matter. I'm going to support Connor, Tristan and Brad. I need to try and get over it, he's probably moved on, had a girl over every night, he may as well be another face in the crowd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys thanks for reading
Let me know your thoughts
Anyone else seeing the guys on the 2nd?
Can we get this to 20 likes?
Katie x