Chapter 1- An awkward encounter and a lot of 'Im Sorry' s

Lucy P.O.V.-

It was another rainy, cloudy, windy day- epsecially at the sea front. It was around 1 'o' clock and I  only had a couple of customers mostly for hot drinks because who in the right mind wants ice cream in this weather?! Well not me anyway. Anybody would think it was winter!

The weather was starting to look better and by that I mean the rain was stopping and it was just now that annoying-rain-that-just-gets-in-your-face-and-hair kinda rain. I was sat their in an attempt to keep warm, burying my face into my tartan scarf. I was listening to music with one headphone in, just incase any customers did come.. I was listening to 'Mr. Brightside' by the killers because it reminded me of summer festivals with Charlotte last year. Maybe it will make me feel warmer remembering those long, warm, summer nights or maybe not, no I'm still shivering. Although it is summer it doesn't feel like it, but I don't mind, I quite like walking along the beach in my wellies in a big snuggly coat trying to skim stones which I failed at miserably each time I tried.

I was sat staring out at the sea in the distance, the tide was out so you could see all of the stones, sea weed and probably jellyfish and starfish if you were close enough. I was in a little world of my own looking at the sand, listening to Ed Sheeran 'Thinking out loud' trying to fight the erge to break out into song and ballroom dance, until a bike whizzes past me, I let out a little shriek getting the fright of my life. 

This grabbed the attention of the biker. As he approached me I could make out some of his features, he had; a gravity defying light-brown/ dirty blonde quiff, he was quite tall well definetly taller than me and it was clear he cared about his appearance. His outfit was perfect, he was wearing; grey ripped jeans- so ripped that you could see the whole of both of his knees, black Doc. Martens boots and a plaid shirt with enough buttons undone to clearly see his toned chest, (it was obvious he went to the gym) not many people would be able to get away with that many buttons undone. But he could. He was now standing right in front of me, I could now see his perfect facial features; his light stubble, his chiseled jaw-line and oh those eyes, those bluey-turquiose eyes.

'Hi...urm..hello' he waved his hand slightly, trying to grab my attention, snapping me out of my trance. 'Oh sorry, can I help you?' I said, feeling all of the blood rushing to my cheeks. 'I just wanted to say that I'm sorry if I made you jump there, you looked a bit... alarmed' he apologiesed, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. 'Oh, what just then?' he nodded, 'Oh no I'm fine thanks' I continued, trying to 'play it cool'. 'Actually while I'm here,' he looked at the menu board giving me the chance to check him out, again. 'I'll take a small caramel ice cream please, no sprinkles' he asked politely whilst handing me the change. I reached out to take the change but my hand stayed on his for a little bit for longer than either of us found comfortable, he let out an awkward laugh. 'Sorry' I muttered underneath my breath. I felt my entire face go crimson. Oh. My. God. Why am I getting so worked up about a guy I don't even know?! 

I turned around to make mystery-hot-guy his ice cream whilst giving myself an internal pep talk. 'DON'T BE SOCIALLY RETARDED!' I chanted over and over in my head. I turned back around to give him his ice cream, I reached over the counter handing it to him. I don't know what came over me. My grip on the ice cream tightened, only slightly, but the cone snapped causing the ice cream to fall landing on his shoe! 'Oh my God! I'm so sorry!' I exclaimed running around to him with napkins in an attempt (attempt being the word) to clear the mess I have made.

'No, no don't worry! The rain will probably wash it off anyway!' he flustered, touching my shoulder signalling for me to stop and stand up. The touch sent a tingling thorugh my body. I stod up facing him, close enough that if I leaned forward lightly I could bury my head into his chest and reach up and run my hands through that wild hair. Stop! Snap out of it, I just met the guy! Again I stod looking at him for too long but this time he was looking into my eyes too. 'I guess that one sheet doesn't always do plenty', I joked holding out the disintegrated napkin in my hand. He chuckled. Wait he actually found me funny? He looked into my eyes again. 'Urm, urm...anyway', I awkwardly said walking back around to the other side of the till.

'Sooo... ya know, I better take your number, so you know... we can meet up at some point so you could like finish cleaning my shoes', he asked cheekily, 'That's if you want to, I don't mind like, it's fine. Whatever you want', he babbled scratching the back of his neck nervously as his cheeks reddend. He is so cute. 'I would definetly like that.' I smiled not making a lot of sense. He did a half smile in releif. Awh. We swapped phones to write our numbers in. 'Well are you able to meet up after work?' the cute guy asked, who's name still remains a mystery. 'Yeah' I nodded, 'I finish at at 5:30, so do you want to meet at like 6:00 to give me a chance to get out of these clothes?' I giggled signally down to my purple 'Bert's Ice Cream's' hoodie. 'You look lovely, do you want to meet at the end of the pier?' I blushed at his compliment, although it was only a little compliment it still made me feel all fuzzy inside (cliche I know), I don't get complimented a lot (well excluding my parents but that doesn't really count) so it meant a lot especially coming from someone like him. 'Yeah, the pier' I echoed, smiling like I never had before, it's strange how a stranger can make me feel like this. 'Alright I'll see you there then' he said, smiling, walking towards his bike. I watched him get on his BMX until he turned around shouting '6:00!' before riding off down the promenade. He so saw me checking him out. I turned on my phone to see the name of this guy that was making me smile from ear-to-ear. James. His name was James.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So thanks if you have actually read this

Now James has been introduced then the story should seem like its actually going somewhere

Sorry for any typos

Katiex

Twitter- @_vampedx