Chapter 19- Penguins

Lucy's P.O.V-

I was sat at the till at work, there wasn't any customers so I decided to scroll through all of my social media. 'Ahhhh!' A deep voice yelled in front of me sending me out of my skin. I looked up to find a smiley James standing in front of me wearing a grey hoodie with the hood up to disguise his messy bed hair. 'James!' I shouted running around the front to be engulfed into a massive hug. 'I missed you,' I mumbled into his chest, almost inaudibly.
'I missed you too,' he said into my hair. I pulled back a bit, wrapping my arms around his neck so I could look at his cute face and red cheeks, 'you just look adorable today,' I tapped his nose with my index finger before pulling down his hood so I could ruffle and run my fingers through his hair. I lent in and kissed him gently but pulled away as he tried to take it further just to tease him, 'I better get back to work.'
He grabbed my hand as I tried to walk away, 'come on it's not you were doing much before,' he pleaded.
'Well actually it's getting quite busy now,' I raised my eyebrows playfully.
He looked around seeing the pretty much desolate beach apart from a few dog walkers here and there, down to the dreadful weather, 'oh come on.' I tried walk away again but his clasped my hand tighter and pulled me into him, 'well at least let me take you out later.'
I pretended to think about it 'well I guess I could make some spare time.'
'What time are you done here?'
'About 5-ish.'
'Well I'll meet you here at 5-ish,' he said before walking away. Not going to lie I watched him walk away until he was so far in the distance I couldn't see him...creepy.

-

James' P.O.V-

'Its 5-ish,' I smiled up at Lucy at the counter, not realising her boss was behind her.
'You can go now Lucy, see you in two days time. Have a nice weekend.'
'You too,' she smiled and walked around the front grabbing her bag putting it on her shoulder.

She grabbed my hand and we began walking swinging our arms in between us as we went. 'What's in that big bag on your back?' She asked.
'Well I thought we could have a picnic on the quiet end of the beach,' I said but it was more of a question.
'That sounds lovely,' she took off my Ray Bans putting them on herself making me laugh.
'You're so cute,' I put my arm around her waist pulling her in closer so I could bend down and kiss her on the cheek, I put my lips on her temple and mumbled, 'I missed you so much.'
'I missed you too honey,' she rubbed her hand all over my back. We kept on talking as we walked until we got to the part of the beach we wanted to go to. We made our way down from the promenade to a nice bit of sand, I put a towel down and we lay down next to each other. We stayed quiet and snuggled together for a while, 'Lucy, I love you so much.'
'I love you too,' she turned to face me and then sat up and I followed, 'now can we finish what we started earlier. She lent in kissing me and I didn't hesitate to deepen it. The kiss started getting more and more heated. To be honest I didn't even care if there was anyone around looking at us, in that moment I was in a world of my own. We eventually broke apart partly to get our breath back but partly before it went too far. We lay snuggled up again, she put her hand on my face and wiped it down, 'I don't know why I did that.' So I did the same to her apart from my hand was way bigger than her face and she laughed into the palm of my hand. We lay on our back laughing hysterically for no reason.

I took a photo of our feet with the sea in the background for Instagram and caption it 'If you were in love you'd understand' as a way to subtly address some of the hate there has been towards our relationship.

'Shall we dine?' I asked sitting up untangling myself from her.
'We shall,' she sat up. I pulled out a lunch box containing two chicken and mayo sandwiches and I but them in between us. She was sat with her legs crossed like she was in primary school. 'Gorgeous,' she laughed, 'you have mayo all over your face, how do you even manage that?' She giggled.
'Have I? Where abouts?' I asked laughing licking my lips with my tongue in an to get it off.
'Just everywhere, it's not even on your lips, come here,' she got a tissue out of her bag and lent over wiping my face like a mother.
'Thanks,' I laughed.
'Are you secretly 5?' She asked.
I sarcastically laughed rolling my eyes. Then took a handful of her crisps stuffing them into my mouth.
'Oi!' She pulled her crisps out of my reach.
'Ooh my sister made cupcakes!' I remembered and took them out if the Tupperware box at the bottom of my bag, 'sorry the icing is a bit squashed,' I handed her the chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing and sprinkles.
She took a massive bite and I waiting for her reaction, she nodded while chewing so I took a bite of mine, 'this is so good,' she said with her mouth full.
'Ummhmm,' I said with a mouthful of cake. She started uncontrollably laughing for no reason and I tried to hold in my laughter to avoid spewing the cake everywhere.
'What?' I asked when I had finished.
'I don't even know,' she flopped back on the towel, lying on her back as the laugher died down. I joined her and we stayed there in a nice silence for a while.