Chapter 40- The Surprise

Today was the day, me and Charlotte were flying out to meet the boys. 'Ahh I'm so excited,' I shouted down the phone to Charlotte as I stuffed a few extra things into a back pack. She was on the train on the way to Heathrow airport and I was just about to leave.

A message for James flashed on my screen as I looked out of the taxi window, 'Hey honey, you doing much today? Hope you're good:)xxxx'
'Morning, or afternoon for you maybe, I'm good thank you not doing a whole lot today, might run some errands, love you see you soon:) xxxx' I lied.

I spotted Charlotte who was looking up at the departures bored in the terminal, I ran up behind her 'AHH' I put my hands on her shoulders and she jumped out of her skin.
'Oh my god Lucy! I hate you right now!' She out her hand on her heart.
'No you don't hug me,' I laughed and we hugged.
'It's like better than Christmas!' She yelped into my ear.

After a looooong morning of waiting around we finally made it on the plane and prepared for the long flight ahead. I quickly sent Joe a text saying we are about to land and our expected arrival time. The plan was that Joe would pick the two of us up, we would surprise them by standing at the side of stage during their last of the four songs they were singing.

Joe replied pretty much straight away, 'okay fly safe, let me know when you land:)'. Charlotte gripped onto my hand and we prepared for take off.

I watched films, slept and listened to music most of journey. Charlotte slept the whole way, God that girl can sleep anywhere. I unlocked my phone to look at the time and smiled at my lock screen James at a restaurant from a date we went on pretty recently, I just couldn't wait to see him. I can safely say it was the longest flight of my life as I watched every second tick by but now I think of it quite literally too, I have never flown that far.

We walked out into arrivals to be greeted with a sort friendly hug from Joe and we dragged our bags into the van. I felt the butterflies in my stomach building as we made the way to the hotel, the boys were already at the venue for the show.

I looked in my little mirror and touched up my make up that had moved its way down my face during the flight. There is always that part of me that's worried that James will look at me after coming back from tour and just think ew. I don't want to disappoint him I suppose. But I know he isn't like that and has seen me a lot worse and some how manages to squeeze in a compliment or two.

I put my bag in the room James was staying in, I looked around the room at all his stuff. His neatly packed suitcase open, his aftershave on his bedside table, the room just smelt like him. I noticed his red hoodie laying on his bed so I put it on. I pulled the sleeves over my hands and out them to my face as I thought about meeting him. I just couldn't wait but I'm slightly nervous.

So if was getting closer and closer until the last song and I could hear the four of them singing and messing around on stage, I laughed at the stupid jokes they made. The had begun singing their last song Cecila. My stomach twist and turned as we approached the side of their stage. We were stood on Connor side and he was the first to notice, his jaw hit the floor as he saw Charotte and smiled like crazy, James was yet to notice. Connor ran around to James' side and whispered something in his ear and James looked at me locked eye contact. He looked so adorable and forgot to so his lines he was just in a trance, but he snapped out of it and made his way over to our side and mouthed 'love you' well I think he was saying love you anyway.

The bowed and ran of stage and he took me in the biggest hug, 'what are you doing here, I missed you so much,' he nearly cried as he kissed my neck.
'I missed you too, good surprise?' I asked smiling so wide.
'Good surprise,' he confirmed and kissed me like it was the last time I'd ever see him.
'Gross,' Tristan muttered walking past us and James broke the kiss shaking his head at what Tris just said grinning like crazy.
'I'm sorry about the sweatyness,' he laughed, looking down his sweaty chest and sweaty vest top that was clinging to him, oh how I have missed that chest, 'take a picture love it'll last longer,' he winked.
I blushed realising how long I was staring, 'I love you,' I squished his cheeks together, 'like a lot.'
'I love you, like a lot too,' he pecked my nose.

'So where are you staying?' James pulled me into his side and rested his hand just above my bum as we walked down the corridor.
'Well with you I was hoping,' I laughed up at him.
'Duh, stupid question,' he face palmed himself.
'Well I have already left all of my stuff in your hotel room so,'
'-we can waste no time,' he interrupted me with a smirk and I blushed realising what he was thinking.
'James!' I hit him in the chest and he chuckled quite pleased with himself.

'I'm going to book a table for us tonight,' James smiled coming out of the bathroom after having a shower with a towel around his waist. His hair was stuck to his forehead. He looked so hot.
'I'd love that,' I smiled, putting my phone down that I was on.
'What are you smiling at?' James sat down beside me at the edge of the bed and leant over me and rested his arm over me, hovering near my face.
'Can I not smile?' I smirked knowing his intentions.

The door knocked, 'it's Connor!'
'Coming,' James rolled his eyes breaking the kiss.

'Yes?' James sighed opening the door.
Connor noticed James' lack of clothes and towel, 'Oh sorry, um I didn't know you two were-'
'- we weren't having sex, what was it you wanted?' James interrupted his stuttering.
'Oh well me and Charlotte were wondering if you wanted to go out for a meal together?' He asked.
'Sounds good to me,' James nodded and looked to me for approval.
'Lovely,' I smiled.

After arranging plans with Con for a while James returned and grabbed some pants from his suitcase 'later,' he winked bending over. He knew exactly how to get me.

James' P.O.V-

I was sat in a taxi with Charlotte, Connor and Lucy. She was sitting opposite me, I still couldn't believe that she surprised me. 'What?' She mouthed smiling and making me realised I was staring.
'Nothing,' I mouthed back laughing slightly.

I put my arm around her waist as we got out of the taxi and mumered in her ear, 'I know I meant to say you look so hot tonight.'
'Well someone's horny tonight,' she laughed hitting my chest a little bit and I awkwardly laughed back.

'Can't you stop staring at me you creep,' Lucy smirked at me as she read over the menu.
'I'm not don't flatter yourself love,' I smirked back, she shook her head from behind the menu.

Lucy and I kicked each other under the table, 'we can't take you two anywhere,' she laughed.

I could feel Lucy staring at me as I was looking down cutting my steak. I looked up and sent her a wink and I could see her blushing, she's so cute.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I know I never update and this is shit but oh well

Katie x