Chapter 2-Like Something from a Film

Lucy's P.O.V-

It was getting closer and closer to 5:30; closing time. I was constantly checking my phone to see if James had text me; he hadn't. I couldn't help but wonder what he was doing now, was he as nervous as I was?

It was 5:22, I couldn't take it anymore so I shut early, a few minutes wouldn't make much difference, right? I speed walked but I didn't run- I wasn't wearing the right bra (you really didn't need to know that.) It was okay my Nan's house wasn't too far away anyway.

'Hi Nan, I'm home', I shouted making my way up the stairs. I started to get ready, I didn't want to look like I put much thought or effort in but I still wanted to look nice. I decided to go with a light brown-creamy jumper with some blue ripped jeans and some old warn out Docs. As for my make-up I went for just some concealer (I still had some foundation on from earlier) but I did do my eye make-up I used some brown eye shadow to match my jumper and some rose gold to match my necklace hanging from my neck. As for my eye line, I tried. It was a little bit thicker than I had intended but there is no time now to sort that out. I grabbed my purse and my phone, putting them into my pockets and running down the stairs. 'Are you alright love?' my Nan called from the kitchen door looking up the stairs. 'Yeah I'm fine; I'm just going to meet a friend at the beach.' I replied in the exact same volume, slamming the door behind me not giving her time to object. I heard a muffled, 'Call me later,' followed by something else that I couldn't make out.

I speed walked, again, making my way to the pier. I wanted to be on time to make a good impression. I sat at the little bench at the end of the pier. It was quite a small pier just a few benches, usually a few fishermen or children trying to catch crabs. Not like those big piers you see with rides on them like Blackpool, Brighton or even Santa Monica. I sat there nervously twiddling my thumbs, playing my sleeves of my jumper and plaiting the ends of my hair. It was now getting closer to 6:00 and I could feel the butterflies flying around in my stomach. It was 6:12, and I was getting a lot of thoughts in my head, 'What if he was joking', 'What if he has stood me up?'. These thoughts just kept on circulating around in my head. I looked out into the sea, in the distance and the tide was still quite far out. I was thinking about leaving as it was now 6:16, I thought 'I'll give him a few more minutes'. My impatience wasn't helped but the fact that it was starting to spit rain. I started shivering. I felt a tapping on my shoulder.

'Urm, hi Luu..ucy' he stuttered nervously, 'I'm so sorry I'm late, I'm not usually late, like ever' he blabbered, I gave him an encouraging look to let him know it's okay, 'but I did get you this, if you excuse the cheesy-ness' he said pulling out a single red flower from behind his back. 'I know that I probably made a bad impression and' he went on. 'It's beautiful thanks so much, you're adorable' you silenced him, causing him to blush. We both looked at each other in the eyes while he bit his lip slightly. Wow that's hot. 'Oh you look cold', his face turned to worry suddenly, 'Oh great and the rain is getting heavier', he chuckled, 'here'; he said wrapping his leather jacket around my shoulders.

'Let's go sit underneath', we ran under the pier and sat and spoke to each other like we had known each other for years. We talked about everything from our deepest fears to if we'd rather have pencils for fingers or teeth for eye lashes. I told him about my Nan. I found out that he was in a three piece band and he was happy about where it was going. I told him about going to university in September, he seemed genuinely interested in me and anything I blabbed on about. I showed how interested I was about his band; I made my love of music clear to him. 'Look this stone kind of look like a heart', I said putting it in his hand, 'well if you sqint and turn your head a bit' he laughed handing you back the smooth grey stone, 'no you keep it' you smiled while he slid the stone into the pocket of his tight, ripped jeans.

We were both looking at the stars. 'How relaxing is it when you lie down and shut your eyes?' I stated, closing my eyes with a grin on my face, 'it's like you're in the sea.' We both lay next to each other with our hands by our sides, slowly creeping closer. 'Urm Lucy, I think that's because the tide is coming in and fast', James almost shouted jumping up, grabbing my hand. We both giggled whilst he dragged me up the beach before we got completely soaked by the water that was quickly coming in. I laughed as he gave me a foot up onto the promenade shortly followed by him climbing up and sitting next to me. We looked out to the sea while our legs dangled off the edge. I looked over to him, he was staring out at the water smiling to himself, and the light of the moon reflecting off of the water was on his face- he looked amazing to say the least. I looked up at the sky while I felt him gently kick my feet, I kicked him back laughing. 'Oh yeah, I said I would text my Nan so she knows I'm okay', I said blushing, 'Yeah that's fine', he smiled. 'Oh great, she says she wants me home now,' I sighed. 'I'll walk you home,' he said with his hand on my shoulder, giving me that same tingling feeling I had got earlier that day. 'Oh no you don't have to do that; I'll be fine on my own'. I stood up walking to him. 'No, I want to, it's good to know you got home safe and stuff, it's dark out' he went 50-shades-of-red knowing how cute and cheesy he was being.

The walk home was mostly silent with the occasional small talk, but it was a nice silence sometimes I would catch him looking at me. We began walking up the street of the terraced houses which were a mix of B&B also. We got the little gate of my Nan's house, I opened it for him. I walked up to the front door James following shortly behind.

I sighed knowing that an amazing night was almost over, 'I have had a great time tonight'. I turned to face him; we were so close that our feet were touching. He started leaning in, oh my god I think that he's going to kiss me, I followed his actions. Then I heard footsteps and saw the hallway light switch on. James awkwardly stuck his hand out for me to shake, I shook his hand. Our arms looked like the arms of a T-Rex. 'Very nice indeed to see you tonight' he shook my hand sturdily. 'I had a jolly good time', I shook his hand with an equal amount of force. We both laughed as my Nan opened the door. 'Hi hon..,' she stopped mid word, 'Ooh a boy eh?' She joked 'poking my in the side as me and James blushed. 'Naaan' I covered my face dragging out the 'a'. 'Well I guess I'll see you later Lucy,' he walked off, shutting his gate behind him, looking back as he walked down the street. I started to head straight to my bedroom to avoid all questions, I shut my door, sitting at the end of my bed thinking about the night I just had. Wow this has never happened to me before. I really like him. 'Luucy', my Nan called silencing my thoughts, 'Yeeah' I replied in the same tone. 'Well I guess I'll see you later Lucy', Nan said in a deep voice imitating James. I didn't bother reply I just covered my face to hide my redness and went to sleep, well I found it hard to sleep I just kept repeating today's events in my head. It was like something from a film.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks if you read this

Katie x

Twitter- @_vamped