Chapter 22- Airports

James' P.O.V-

I'm off to LA today. We are working with some big writers who have worked with massive bands. We are only going for 5 days but that will put us way on the album.

I beeped my horn outside of Lucy's knowing since she's not at work she'll probably be on twitter in bed. I saw her little head pop up at the window and she flashed a smile. I waited outside leaning on the car. 'Hey honey,' I smiled as Lucy walked down the pathway in her blue vamps hoodie I gave her and some pj bottoms with Disney princesses on them. Her hair was in a messy bun, I love her hair like that. 'I thought you had already left,' her eyes lit up.
'I would never do that, come ere,' I engulfed her in a warm hug, kissed her forehead and buried my face in her messy bun.
'Its only for a little while,' she her words vibrated on my chest.
'Yeah, not long,' I murmured into her hair.
'You are going to do great Jay.'
'Thanks,' I let her stand back a bit, 'I'm nervous though.'
'Dont worry about it, you got mad skills.'
'Sick,' I clicked my fingers.
'Oh god,' she laughed.
'Did I ever tell you that you're beautiful?' I asked.
'You may have mentioned it once or twice,' she blushed.
'Well you are,' I added, 'well i better get going Lucy loo.'
'Okay,' she smiled kissing me one last time.
I got into my car and winded down the window, 'I love you,' I said with an empty smile.
'I love you too,' she replied. I check all my and started reversing out onto the road, 'don't have too much fun without me,' she called. I laughed to myself and was on my way.

-

We walked through the arrivals to be greeted by a group of fans, a growing group of fans, there seems to be a few more each time we fly here. I tried to take pictures with as many fans as possible before being rushed away into a big black van. I sat I between Con and Tris who were both sleeping, both leaning against the windows letting out a slight snore every now and again. I text my Mum letting her know I'm okay. And then Luce, knowing she was probably asleep, 'Hey gorgeous, I know you're asleep so good morning for when you wake up. The flight was okay, the weather is nice, but I wish you were here. Talk later. Bye xx'
'You do know she's asleep right?' Our tour manager Fin asked.
'Yeah, I was just leaving a message for when she wakes up,' I said under my breath.
'Awh cute,' he took the piss.

I chucked my bags on the floor and flopped onto the double bed in the hotel room. I looked to the bed to my right and see Connor doing the same. 'You have to do that as soon as you get into a hotel room don't you?' Con said with his face squished against the bed. I laughed in agreement.
'Right I'm just going to sleep with my clothes on I can't be bothered,' he moaned, 'I'm so tired.'
'You slept all the way here you lil sloth!' I laughed.

-

After breakfast we made our way to give our first magazine interview in the US. Of course we got asked the 'girls' question but we deflected it and avoided the question as per usual. We headed to the recording studio to work with some writers before being left on our own and to get up to our usual shenanigans. I showed the boys some of the stuff I've been writing (about Lucy) and they loved it.

Lucy's P.O.V-

I woke up really late oops, but it didn't matter because I didn't have work. I went to assume my 'twitter scrolling in bed' position, but when I unlocked my phone I found the cutest good morning text. I replied quickly, 'Hey Jay (ooh rhymed)! Sorry I just woke up, I know late right. I guess I don't have much to get up for now:/ glad you got there safe:)xxx' After scrolling through social media for a good 45 minutes, I went down stairs for breakfast.
'Full English darling?' Nan shouted as I walked down the stairs.
'Yes please!' I shouted back in response.
I sat down at the table as Nan put the sausages in the pan. 'So..' She said and u anticipated a comment about James.
'Is your boyfriend not whisking you away this morning then?' She asked just to annoy me.
'No Nan,' I exhaled, 'he's working.'
'Ooh where does he work?'
'He's in America for a few day.'
'Fancy,' she said still cooking breakfast.

My phone buzzed on the table it was James, 'Awh spend some time with your Nan or Charlotte, I do feel kinda guilty taking up your time that you could be spending with them:/ Anyway the writing session went really well this morning currently having a break from writing with the boys. Right better let you on, face time later?xxx' I grinned reading the message, well apart from the part about feeling guilty. 'Let me guess who that is,' Nan smiled, I didn't reply I just rolled my eyes and started texting back.

'Don't EVER feel guilty about that! I love you lots and don't forget it! I will do might take Nan down the pier or something. Defo up for FaceTime! So proud of you!'

'So what do you want to do today then?' I asked Nan whilst eating my full English Breakfast.
'Ooh I don't know, have a walk down the sea front I guess?'
'Yeah sounds like a plan,' I smiled. I have missed spending time with her.

-

'Will I be able to see you as soon as I get home?' James asked me down the phone, he's coming home tomorrow and I can't wait to see her.
'Definitely,' I smiled, although he couldn't see me.
'Okay I'm going to race straight to yours from the airport,' I could hear him smile.
'But at a safe speed,' I added.
'Oh yes, within the limit,' he said in a serious voice.
'Did I tell you how adorable you are?' I asked, laughing.
'Yep! I think you did.'
'Good, well I better get going to work,' I sighed.
'Okay see ya soon rat.'
'Love you too.' I hung up the phone.
I was walking down to the sea front for my shift at Bert's at 11:00am. When I started devising a plan in my head for giving James a tiny surprise.

-

I got on the bus to go to the airport, I was going to surprise James. I was hoping that here wasn't going to be too many fans waiting in the airport. They haven't tweeted anything about the airport or flights or anything but some of them just know. How they know is beyond me.

I got into the arrivals and their flight had just landed, there was a small crowd forming around the gate so I decided to step back a bit and put on some sunglasses just incase any fans recognised me. A few of them turned around and looked at me and whispered to each other, I looked at my phone to avoid the eye contact.

I heard screaming, I glanced up and saw their messy hair poking above the crowd of girls. I looked back down at my phone. After about 15 minutes of waiting for them to finish taking selfies and signing things they went to walk out of the door to my left. 'Oh my god! Is that the vamps?' I shouted and all four boys and their management turned around. They smiled in recognition and James let go of his bag and we walked towards each other. He engulfed me in a hug, I put my face into his neck and he stroked my hair. 'Hey,' he pecked my lips.

'How did you get here?' He asked as we walked swinging our arms between us.
'I took the bus, I sat next to an elderly lady for 45 minutes...' I half smiled.
'Awh you're so cute,' he pulled me into his side and then we pushed me away slightly and we continued swinging our arms.
'Come on then guys tell me all about America,' I asked and they began to tell about the writers and all the jokes and funny things that happened. Luckily I didn't have to go back home on the bus, I went home with James and Brad in James' car. Brad is staying with James for a while to do some more writing so it'll be nice to spend more time with him.

'Oh shit,' Brad said from the back of the car.
'I swear to god Brad if you have forgotten something...' James snapped.
Brad interrupted him, 'no it's not that, look.' He passed me his phone and I saw his whole twitter timeline filled with pictures of me and James at the airport, kissing, hugging, holding hands.
'Crap,' I said as I scrolled through the pictures.
'Lets see,' James sounded worried, 'shit...' He glanced at the photos, 'oh well honey,' he played with my hair and pushed it off of my face as we stopped at a traffic lights, 'we don't have to hide it.
'Good,' I smiled, 'good.'
'Yuck,' he looked up from his phone, 'please don't be like that the whole time I stay with you.' James and I laughed, 'seriously though.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can't really be bothered to check for spelling mistakes...oops, let me know if there are any. It's not great chapter but I have a few ideas for chapters coming up. Do let me know if you have any ideas or anything.

Thanks for reading
Comment, vote n stuff
Katie xx